/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "This world is a prison for the believer"

anonymous
05-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Our Prophet peace be upon him said this world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the disbeliever (Sahih Muslim)

SubhanAllah, it's the truth.

Is it a good thing to want to distance oneself with this deception of a life? Because i feel disillusioned and downbeat at this moment in time

Dua and advice would be appreciated :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
05-19-2015, 01:58 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Mmm… if you want advice… perhaps you could give some more details as to what is the problem you are seeking advice for?

(gently) But I do pray you'll feel a bit better soon.

May Allah, the Gentle, Brighten your life.

Muslim Woman
05-19-2015, 07:13 AM
:sl:

A reminder :

لَا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا

“Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear…” (Qur’an, 2:286).

Say: "O Ibadee (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
( سورة الزمر , Az-Zumar, Chapter #39, Verse #53)

Signor
05-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Is it a good thing to want to distance oneself with this deception of a life? Because i feel disillusioned and downbeat at this moment in time
Our dunya is in our deen(not religion,mind it).

I like the the words of Hamza Yusuf in this regard:

You know there’s two words Allah used to describe the world. Dunya and Alam. Dunya has a negative connotation to it, whereas Alam isn’t negative(Allah is described as Rabbul alameen in Surah Fatihah). Alam is the passive form of Alim, it’s how we know Allah. We don’t know Allah through dunya,Dunya is the illusory element of the world, what takes us away from the akhirah, it’s the aspect of the world deludes you; thinking that your permanent, thinking that you can transgress, thinking that your independent from Allah. This is why the wife is not considered dunya and the husband for the wife isn't considered dunya.This is why the food to keep you healthy and money, in order to work and spend on halal, and do your responsibilities, none of those things by Islamic understanding are considered Dunya.The nature of dunya is you will never be able to get it, it will always evade you.
Basically,Islam provides a system of balance between spirit and bodily needs.Our religion closes the door of completely abstinence from marriage and intimate relations as practiced by monks and nuns.It provides the way to satisfy your sensual gratification in a right way.This is why you see Muhammad(PBUH) having a life with wives and children but at the same time on the spiritual side you will find him on the top.No one has more control on himself than RasulAllah(PBUH). From an Islamic view point,We can use world and all whats in it(how Allah told us to do) but we shouldn't be get consumed by it.

Unfortunately,with so many influences on our minds we forget to attain the middle path and this is why there exists two extremes on both sides now.

Apparently,you are going through hard times,reading an Islamic Perspective on Trials and Tribulations may bring a soothing effect to your nerves,Insha Allah

May Allah ease all your troubles & difficulties, and may He rectify your affairs.Aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!