/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haraam to wear natural make up?

simplymuslim
05-19-2015, 07:40 PM
assalamu alaykum everyone. I just wanted to ask if makeup was allowed as long as its kept to a minimal. I only wear a nude lipstick colour myself. I don't wear any bright ones. Sometimes i'll wear mascara or bb creme. It is not obvious im wearing make up. It looks natural. Also is it allowed for someone with severe acne to wear foundation?As i know some people who have bad acne and wear foundation to cover it up. They wear it so they feel more comfortable, i personally dont see anything wrong with this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Salam alaykum

Make up is not natural at all and if you think you like to look natural, why you then use make up at all. If someone has acne problem, she or he should use med cream to cure them, not use make up to hide them.

I am sure you are enough beautifull also without make up. Allah made you that. :D

Abz2000
05-20-2015, 05:34 AM
The kohl that is sold as a cosmetic material at drugstores and perfume shops today is not made of ithmid and it is harmful rather than useful for the eyes and the skin; so we cannot say the same thing about it. It is only a cosmetic material. If it is harmful to the health, it is makruh (abominable) to use it. If it is not harmful, it depends on the reason why the woman uses it. If she uses it for her husband, it is mustahab (recommended)**

*In fact, kohl is a means of ornament that dates back to previous ages.

Arab women used to apply the kohl kept in bottles called “mikhala” to the eyes of their children.When the widow Arabs mourned their husbands’ death, they gave up adorning themselves; and they started to adorn themselves again when they wanted to show that they wanted to marry.

Applying kohl was an indication of being ready for marriage.
According to a hadith reported by Muslim, Ibn Atiyya said, "We were prohibited from mourning for more than three days except for our husbands; the period of mourning for the husband was four months and ten days. We did not apply kohl, wear perfume or colorful dresses then."
(Muslim, Talaq, 66, 67). Darimi says, according to a hadith, those who perform fasting are asked to apply kohl at night not during the day (Darimi, Sawm, 28), but he adds that he does not think it is objectionable. *

http://www.questionsonislam.com/ques...missible-islam

Ridwaan Ravat
05-20-2015, 07:52 AM
Wa alaikum salaam.

It is permissible for a women to wear make up on condition :

1. The ingredients are pure. No haraam ingredients should be found.

2. It's done for her husband's pleasure only.

3. It doesn't attract attention.

4. When she leaves the home her face is veiled and strangers cannot see her beauty.

5. If the makeup is waterproof it should be removed at the time of making wudhu.

Jazakallah khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
05-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Don´t listen the Shaytan when you are wondering is make up ok or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!