/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the fear of dua not being answered

hk92
05-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Asalamulakium wr wb brothers and sisters, new member to the forum, and first post. I am currently a university student in the final year of my medical degree. Over the past 2 days, I have undertaken my final exams. I can honestly say that even after countless weeks of revision and hard work, I and many other students in my year found the exams to be extremely difficult. whats really getting to me is that I prayed and made so much dua, read hajaat prayer as frequently as possible and yet i feel like this was not my best exam performance. The fact that i will be getting these results within 2 weeks as increased my anxiety and depression levels knowing it could make or break my degree. Most of all I dont want to dissapoint my parents Obviously i know that what ever allah swa has written, is written and always has the best plans in store for us. I have my full trust in my allah but the fear of my duas not being answered and failing is driving me to the roof! does anyone have any advice or suggestions to reduce this. jzk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-20-2015, 07:05 PM
Walaikumasalaam

& welcome to the forum! Hope you continue to stay with us for a long time to come in sha Allah.

It's funny, as human beings we always reach out to Allah swa when we are in need and sometimes we forget to thank Allah swa for the good times (just something to remember, this applies to me too). So i have tried amending my ways and thanking Allah swa for the good times too. Alhamdulilah.

Congratulations on finishing all your exams! I can imagine how stressful it must be for you, especially the waiting around for the results!!

My teacher used to always say (something that i found to be true for me personally), if you found the exam hard it means you have really thought about the questions and answered the questions well. If you have found the exam easy then you haven't really given the exam much thought and more likely to fail. So maybe this gives you some reassurance? I don't know if this applies to your situation but i hope it does in sha Allah.

Were you able to answer all the questions?

Don't worry too much (i know that's easy said than done), but focus your mind on your daily activities and when the results day come, it comes. You've tried your best and that's all you can do.

Also, one very important thing - am sure you have read - Allah swa answers duas according to what his/her servant thinks of HIM. So if we think, Allah swa is not going to answer our duas then Allah swa will act accordingly. If we think Allah swa is listening to me and WILL answer in sha Allah, then if Allah swa wills, this is what will happen. So always think positive!

Am sure you've aced the exams and try and relax. Maybe play football with friends or go gym? Do something physical to release the happy chemicals in your brain in sha Allah.

Allah’s Apostle (s.a.w) said: “Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delight, he thanks (God), thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shown resignation (and endures it patiently), there is a good for him in it.” [Saheeh Muslim]
Let us know how you got on!

Lisa921
05-29-2015, 02:47 AM
Assalaamu alaykum brother,
welcome to the forum!
Don't worry. I am sure your duas will be answered in the best way possible for you. Even if you do not get the result you like on the test there could be a weird funny beneficial reason for this for not getting a good grade...Allah swt works in mysterious ways...
For example, Im talking totally hypothetically here, say you fail the exam and have to make up the class later, but saying in making up the class you are put in contact with some great people who lead you to finding a summer job in your field ("hello new contacts made!") so that's a win win situation for everyone. OR perhaps you have to make up the class and sitting their in the front your is going to be the love of your life (the future Mrs. hk92) lol...
So do not stress about the exams.
Whatever happens happens. and Allah knows best!
Just keep make duas and try to be as trusting of Allah as you can.
I highly recommend listening to Yasir qadhis series on dua called "Dua weapon of the believer". It might be very helpful to you.
Take care
Salaam
Lisa

Abz2000
05-29-2015, 07:11 AM
Lol at mrs hk92

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!