/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving reps

Umm Abed
05-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Just realized that I havent been using the rep system, got two reps and wondered where do I rep a person and then I discovered it, no big deal I know....just sharing some thoughts.;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Yes the little star is for rep, and triangle with exclamation mark can report the user.

BeTheChange
05-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Brother Farhan,

Can we get rid of that error message when it says 'you have repped too much and must spread some reputation before you can rep the same person...'?

Some members make an excellent contribution when they reply back and they do deserve to be repped twice, three or four times (in different threads)

Jazahka Allah

Signor
05-20-2015, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
'you have repped too much and must spread some reputation before you can rep the same person...'?
It is there to save members from harassment or acting in an inappropriate manner.

Every coin has a flip side.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
05-20-2015, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
It is there to save members from harassment or acting in an inappropriate manner.

Every coin has a flip side.
I understand, but mods should be able to monitor and detect any harassment or inappropriate behaviour?

It's same with PM, anyone can abuse PM too...

Just sharing my humble opinion on reps! I'd love to rep people more but unable to because of this error message....so i use the like button a lot.

Jazahka Allah

MuslimInshallah
05-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Mmm… (smile) I have the same problem as BeTheChange… sometimes a same poster does several really good posts in a short period of time.

(twinkle) I'm fond of the "like" button, too...

JazakAllah khairan everyone!

BeTheChange
05-20-2015, 07:39 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Cliche but maybe true? :D

Great minds think alike

Signor
05-20-2015, 07:58 PM
EDIT:I better leave these issues to staff.

Umm Abed
05-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Just noticed the 'likes given' is removed, only the 'received' likes are visible.

Why is this so?

BeTheChange
05-24-2015, 11:18 AM
^^ Very observant sis :-)

Insaanah
05-24-2015, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Just noticed the 'likes given' is removed, only the 'received' likes are visible.

Why is this so?
:salam:

It was thought there may be too many lines of info under the avatar, so that was removed to streamline things a bit.

greenhill
05-24-2015, 10:24 PM
That's a shame. Personally, I don't think it needs streamlining for appearance sake...

:peace:

Sakina'141
05-25-2015, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Yes the little star is for rep, and triangle with exclamation mark can report the user.
Ok I am new to the forum and I don't have that star button to rep anyone! And I also cannot post any posts with any links in either :( and I wanted to put to this pic as my avatar but there isn't any option for me to do that...there are very nice pre-defined islamic avatars but I want to chose my own, is that possible?

Sorry about the million questions but I feel there are many restrictions atm which is understandable as I am new but was wondering when will I have more rights?(lol)

Thank you!

BeTheChange
05-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Asalamualykum Sakina,

I think you have to have 50 posts before you can change your avatar, post links or give likes and reps.

If you want to have a read of the forum rules please visit:- http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?..._liforum_rules

Jazahka Allah

strivingobserver98
05-25-2015, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
That's a shame. Personally, I don't think it needs streamlining for appearance sake...

It's to make things easier for people and simplify it for new people to forum. So it doesn't look too cluttery, and looks clean. :)

Members: Would you rather keep it or.. we can move it to Personal profile section where you can still view it? As it's not essential for post bit, and still would be viewable in user profiles.

BeTheChange
05-25-2015, 02:44 PM
I don't mind whether it's visible or not.

Jazahka Allah

greenhill
05-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Put it in the personal profile. That's the place for it as it kinds of tells a part of a person's personality(?).

I do look at those info when I'm replying. I don't quite understand rep power, but likes given is self explanatory and it tells a person's character better than most of the other stats. Likes received tells the response to what is said, a different thing altogether. Reputation points to me is a kind of dark horse.. don't know why?

Just my 2cents worth.

strivingobserver98
05-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Put it in the personal profile. That's the place for it as it kinds of tells a part of a person's personality(?).

I do look at those info when I'm replying. I don't quite understand rep power, but likes given is self explanatory and it tells a person's character better than most of the other stats. Likes received tells the response to what is said, a different thing altogether. Reputation points to me is a kind of dark horse.. don't know why?

Just my 2cents worth.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts :thumbs_up.

Yeah rep power used to confuse me before too.

Rep power is basically how much "points" you give when you rep someone. Reputation points is how much you have recieved from other users.

Umm Abed
05-27-2015, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:salam:

It was thought there may be too many lines of info under the avatar, so that was removed to streamline things a bit.
I really liked that feature as well, wish it wasnt removed. There's actually a blank space left hope it comes back:statisfie

Wa alaikum salam and jzk for reply.

Sakina'141
05-28-2015, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum Sakina,

I think you have to have 50 posts before you can change your avatar, post links or give likes and reps.

Jazahka Allah
:wa:sister,

Thank you very much for the explanation! :) but...man I wish it was like 10 posts instead...50 posts seems a lot to me, it will probably take me forever Lol! I guess it will give me a reason to talk non-sense now but I will make sure I don't break those forum rules and get myself infarcted lol!

JazakAllah khair! :)

Scimitar
05-28-2015, 04:00 PM
there are fun and games threads you can waste some time in to get your post count up :)

Scimi

Fainoz
05-28-2015, 08:08 PM
I've never repped anyone on this forum. reps dont seem to be a huge deal here.

greenhill
06-08-2015, 12:19 AM
I've grown to miss the "Likes Given" Stat. It does look a bit empty beneath the "Likes Received".

It'd be great to have it back. It does not look 'cluttered' with the extra stat. . . :shade:

Umm Abed
06-20-2015, 08:46 AM
I've grown to miss the "Likes Given" Stat. It does look a bit empty beneath the "Likes Received".

It'd be great to have it back. It does not look 'cluttered' with the extra stat. . . :shade:

Me too, although Im a newish member Ive grown to like the 'likes given' feature.

It does look blank now and I hope mods will put it back there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!