/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sharia?. In this emergency situation?.

ardianto
05-20-2015, 04:36 PM
:sl:

As we know, more than thousand Rohingya refugees have landed in Aceh, the only province in Indonesia which implement sharia. And those refugees get help by local Indonesian volunteers.

But now there is a shocking news from Aceh. The Langsa district sharia police spread leaflets which mention that now they implement 'total sharia' in Kuala Langsa harbour where hundreds refugees now are in shelter. The sharia police ordered female volunteers to leave the refugee shelter to prevent mixing between men and women.

Frankly, I am questioning this policy because many of the refugees are women. Also, mostly of the female volunteers are from Islamic organization. They really know which is permissible which is impermissible in Islam. I am sure, those sisters will not do something wrong.

To be honest, I am very disappointed with the sharia police that do not consider the emergency situation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
05-20-2015, 04:40 PM
If about modesty, it's better if sharia police warn the male refugees. Local people have donated many clothes that must be fit with those refugees size. But those male refugees are prefer to half naked which only wear sarong and do not wear shirt.

MuslimInshallah
05-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Could you give a reference for this story? I had a quick look, but could not find one. I did, however, find the following, stating that the people of Aceh were being very welcoming and kind to the refugees, and that they did this against the Indonesian government's wishes. http://www.themalaymailonline.com/wo...cted-by-neighb

May Allah, the Light, Bless all those who care for the oppressed wayfarers.

sister herb
05-21-2015, 04:59 PM
Reason might be this:

Indonesia to 'turn back every boat carrying Rohingyas'

Military says it would not allow boats as nearly 2,000 migrants arrive in Indonesia and Malaysia in past two days.

12 May 2015 11:03 GMT

Indonesian military has told Al Jazeera that they will send back any boat with Rohingya migrants entering its waters as a vessel carrying hundreds of migrants from Myanmar and Bangladesh was turned away towards Malaysia.

Fuad Basya, Indonesian military spokesman, said that they pulled back a boat "full of people in dire conditions, smelling bad, some were screaming", adding that they provided the migrants with water, food, medicine and fuel.

AFP news agency reported that the boat carrying an estimated 400 migrants was intercepted on the coast of northwestern Aceh region on Monday.

Meanwhile, rights groups have urged regional governments to save thousands of migrants believed to be stranded at sea in Southeast Asia and at the risk of death.

An estimated 6,000 to 8,000 Bangladeshis and Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar remain trapped in crowded, wooden boats, officials and activists said on Tuesday.

Nearly 2,000 people have reached Malaysia and Indonesia in the past two days after Thailand announced a crackdown on smuggling routes. They were rescued from overcrowded boats after being stranded at sea.

Myanmar shirks responsibility

Even as a large number of migrants originated from Myanmar, its government said that they will not take responsibility for migrants who are not their own citizens.

"If it is true and proven that they are from Myanmar, we will take responsibility for them. But not the Bangladeshis," Zaw Htay, the director of Myanmar's president's office told Al Jazeera.

"Some of the Rohingya people may have come from Bangladesh. We can't be responsible for them. But we do not accept the name Rohingya. They are Bengali," Htay added referring to Myanmar's long-persecuted Rohingya Muslim community.

The Rohingya, who are Muslim, have for decades suffered from state-sanctioned discrimination in Buddhist-majority Myanmar, which considers them illegal settlers from Bangladesh even though their families have lived there for generations.
Those comments come a day after more than a 1,000 migrants, including children from both countries, were detained in Malaysia after they arrived in the popular Malaysian resort island of Langkawi.

The police chief in Langkawi told Al Jazeera's Karishma Vyas that 1,158 people were being held on the island. At least 672 are Bangladeshi, and around 486 of them are Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar.

At least 100 women and 60 children were among them. The migrants were in a very poor state, suffering from dehydration as well as hunger.

The police say they believe the captain as well as the other traffickers on the three boats had escaped in another vessel and left the migrants to their own devices.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/0...045951738.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
05-21-2015, 09:18 PM
The Indonesian people have shown a remarkable hospitality to their fellow insaan, and that is something which the world can learn from - I think. I hope.

Scimi

ardianto
05-21-2015, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

Could you give a reference for this story? I had a quick look, but could not find one. I did, however, find the following, stating that the people of Aceh were being very welcoming and kind to the refugees, and that they did this against the Indonesian government's wishes. http://www.themalaymailonline.com/wo...cted-by-neighb

May Allah, the Light, Bless all those who care for the oppressed wayfarers.
Wa'alaikumsalam

I knew it from the video that I've posted in another thread.

In the last part the reporter said that local sharia 'police' distributed leaflets which mention that they implement sharia totally in refugee shelter. The message was not clear, but maybe it contained about gender separation for volunteers because the reporter questioned it. Also there's no explanation, could female volunteers return to work again after they must leave the shelter that day at 10 PM, and how about female volunteers who must standby there for 24 hours because it needed.

The command itself maybe has been cancelled now because the volunteers still can work like before. But yeah, like I've said, I felt disappointed with those local sharia 'police'. They didn't do anything to help the refugees. They did not encourage people to help. People themselves who took initiative to help the refugees. And when people are working to help the refugees, suddenly sharia 'police' issued a rule that could cause difficulty for people in helping the refugees.

Since sharia implemented in Aceh, the sharia 'police' were formed to guard sharia implementation. But different than state police that also protect and serve people, what the sharia 'police' do is just forbid and ban something.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!