/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taking Adderall to help studies?

sajid1
05-22-2015, 10:58 AM
Salaams everyone,

I am a university student and have access to adderall without needing a prescription, a guy i know sells them to me. I've been taking them every now and again to help me with my studies. It increases my focus and also makes learning fun! The content just seems so much more interesting and it also gives me a good mood lift, i feel happy to actually be revising. I was taking them through January because in February i had 5 exams to prep for, and i aced them all Alhamdulillah!

I have 2 exams to prep for next month but since Ramadan is coming up I'm trying to clean up my act but I'm not sure if this aspect of my life needs cleaning up.

So my question is, is it okay to be taking this drug to help my studies? It's not like I'm taking loads just to get high and mess about, but a part of me is telling me i should ask here just to be sure.

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
05-22-2015, 01:49 PM
When I was at uni, people took all sorts.. Pro plus caffeine tablets..

Ginco biloba capsules.

..even smoking aids short term memory.

And recently orange juice?

I think you may have taken it to the next level..

Find a patient information leaflet on it and see if anything gets you concerned..

Could be worse, you could have chosen alcohol or recreational drugs to get you through.

I would guess that passing is of utmost importance but you should try and be aware of the long term implications.

Not sure on the Islamic point of view.

Ridwaan Ravat
05-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Wa alaikum salaam.

The feelings you experience is precisely what a substance abuse addict experiences.

From both a sociological and medical perspective it is strongly recommended that you discontinue use of this drug with immediate effect.

Should you require calmness of the mind turn to Allah and engage in the zikr of Allah.

Jazakallah khair.

strivingobserver98
05-22-2015, 03:41 PM
:wa:

Yes I have heard of this it's known as the "Study drug".

Why do you want to use a drug to study anyway? If you make that normal you will be dependent on it for studying. Alhamdulilah just a cup of coffee should do the job. Sit down do the work, take regular breaks and eliminate distractions.

Anyway isn't it better not to risk your body just because of some little focus? Our body is a gift from Allah a massive blessing, we should take care of it the best possible way.

Medically speaking consider these risks from the article.

"People who use these drugs only on occasion to study are much more likely to crash once the drug has worn off," Rich says. "The crash can cause exhaustion and depression because the body's energy supplies and dopamine have all been used up."

Along with increasing concentration and focus, study drugs have short-term risks like increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, nervousness, and insomnia. Natalie asserts that each of these risks is present even when the drugs are only used once.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Adderall can cause hallucinations, impulsive behavior, paranoia, and irritability. These are among a long list of dangerous side effects that probably won't help with that final tomorrow morning when used by people for whom the drugs are not prescribed!

In addition to the health consequences associated with study drugs, a collegiette who uses these substances could face serious legal consequences like fines, jail time, and suspension from school. Misusing prescription drugs, with or without a prescription, is illegal, as is passing out these substances to others. Additionally, your chances of committing a crime increase when you're under the influence of drugs.

And then, there are the long-term risks. Adderall and other prescription stimulants have been known to cause adverse side effects when used with antidepressants like Marplan and Nardil. When used simultaneously with antidepressants, which are used to treat depression, anxiety disorders, and eating disorders, study drugs can produce life-threatening effects.

The most worrisome risk of using study drugs is the potential for dependence and addiction. Addiction can lead to the health conditions mentioned above, as well as more serious consequences, namely death.

Study drug users don't necessarily plan to get addicted to the helpful substances -- we would hope not! -- but it certainly happens. "Adderall and Ritalin are Schedule II substances, meaning these drugs have a high potential for abuse and dependence," Rich says. "Because of this, anyone using these drugs without supervision is at higher risk of developing a problem."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/her-ca...b_2978867.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
05-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Avoid like the plague!!

You don't know what's in this drug and you're blindly consuming these tablets thinking it's a short-term fix. However, your short-term fix may move on to a long-term fix.

Use the gym to de-stress, drink milk and lots of fruit and water to energise your body and speak to Allah swa, because Allah swa is listening and waiting for you!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!