/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The importance of the masjid

Cautatorul
05-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Hello there everyone. How important are the masjids on Islam? Is a masjid crucial for a muslim, can you be a muslim without attending a masjid? For example, can a muslim be a muslim in a city like mine, where there is no masjid, and there is no masjid neither in the surroundings or almost the country?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
05-22-2015, 08:31 PM
The Quran states that traders should close there stores to attend congregational prayers although I forget if its specifically states jumma prayer or all prayer.

Either way the importance of congregational prayer seems important from a laymen's perspective. Please seek further clarification.. But think of my post as a step in the right direction.

sister herb
05-23-2015, 04:59 PM
Peace with you

We muslims can pray anywhere, masjid/mosque is not only place for this. Many times women prefer to pray at home. Any places which are clean are ok to pray.

greenhill
05-23-2015, 07:04 PM
Well, what is important is your faith in Allah. Then of course it is to gain knowledge so we achieve wisdom in the path to Allah. So, if it is of no real consequence, then it would be good to move to a place that has a mosque. If not possible, then what is missing is purely the 'support' structure and a community. In the days without Internet, he won't learn much, probably forget a lot. Hence the usefulness of being relatively close to a masjid.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Emwazi
10-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Masjid is very important.

Abdul Emwazi
10-08-2015, 10:05 AM
You should go to masjid as much as possible

soheil1
11-02-2015, 06:21 AM
It is not acceptable that a Muslim refrains from attending mosque prayers without an excuse.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!