/* */

PDA

View Full Version : more than one Umrah at the same journey to Kabah

Shamal90
05-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Assalamu Alaikum
I have been so concerned with this question for a long time. Will it be possible to do more than one Umrah at the same journey to Kabah? as some people do!
I have been there in 2013 but I didn't do more than one.
thanks a lot if one can convince me.

jazakumu Allah

Shamal A. Abdullah
Assist. Translator
rbil, Kurditan, Iraq

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Sorry do you mean are we allowed to perform umrah twice in one trip?

Scimitar
05-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Yes. You can. I did three umrah in 2006 in one month.

talha11
06-15-2015, 10:37 AM
yes you can perform 1 and more Umrah in one travel. my Mother and brothers went on Umrah last year and they performed 3 and 4 times Umrah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
06-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Raised a question that never crossed my mind before,
Does anyone know if it's possible to do more than one 'umra in one miqaat visit and ihram?
Like say you go to the miqat at dhuhr, make ihram, then complete the rites, find you've got loads of time 'til tarawih, so you decide to do another tawaaf, sayy and clipping - but without going to miqaat again?

I assumed that the state of ihram would be undone after clipping/shaving the hair but am now uncertain.

AabiruSabeel
06-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Sh. ‘Abdul ‘Aziz ibn Baz was asked: If someone comes to Makkah for Hajj or ‘Umrah, then is it permissible for him after that to perform another ‘Umrah for himself or on behalf of another during the very same season he came in such that he leaves Makkah to at-Tan’eem for ihram and then performs the ‘Umrah?

He (may Allah have on him) responded: “There is no harm in that, all praise is for Allah, if he came for Hajj or ‘Umrah and performed them on his own behalf or on behalf of someone else and then wanted to perform another ‘Umrah for himself or on behalf of someone else. There is no problem in that, but one must go outside the sanctuary for it; he must go outside the sanctuary of Makkah, at-Tan’eem or Ji’irranah or somewhere else and don the ihram from there, then enter (Makkah) and do the tawaf, walk between as-Safa and al-Marwah and shorten the hair. This is allowed whether it be for himself, a deceased relative or friend or one who is incapable, such as the elderly… there is no harm in that. ’Aishah :raha: did this upon the instruction of the Prophet :saws:, as she did ‘Umrah with the Prophet, then on the night of the 13th she took permission to do ‘Umrah and he permitted her, ordering ‘AbdurRahman ibn Abu Bakr (her brother) to take her to at-Tan’eem and then perform ‘Umrah. This is considered a second ‘Umrah from within Makkah.

http://www.binbaz.org.sa/node/18832

At-Tan'eem is also known as Masjid 'Aishah.

Ridwaan Ravat
06-16-2015, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Raised a question that never crossed my mind before,
Does anyone know if it's possible to do more than one 'umra in one miqaat visit and ihram?
Like say you go to the miqat at dhuhr, make ihram, then complete the rites, find you've got loads of time 'til tarawih, so you decide to do another tawaaf, sayy and clipping - but without going to miqaat again?

I assumed that the state of ihram would be undone after clipping/shaving the hair but am now uncertain.
Assalamualykum.

Jazakallah khair for raising the question. It is not permissible to perform multiple umrah with one ihraam. The reason being once you've removed your hair you are now out of the state of ihraam.

Should a person intent doing a second Umrah, one should make intention at the miqaat.

Please do remember us in your duaas during this auspicious journey.

Abz2000
06-16-2015, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat
Assalamualykum.

Jazakallah khair for raising the question. It is not permissible to perform multiple umrah with one ihraam. The reason being once you've removed your hair you are now out of the state of ihraam.

Should a person intend doing a second Umrah, one should make intention at the miqaat.

Please do remember us in your duaas during this auspicious journey.
JazakAllahu-khairan for the quick reply brother,
I believe it's the o.p thats making the blessed journey, (wish i could go every other ramadan though).
The thread helped clarify some important topics,
Also did some research and realized that we were queuing to take a shower at masjid Aisha unnecessarily - or so i gathered from the following q&a:

2014/10/19
Question:
As-salamu `alaykum. Inshaa’ Allah, I am going to do `Umrah with my parents next month. I want to know: can I perform more than one `Umrah with same ihram, because I live in India and cannot afford to visit every year.
If it is possible, could you tell me how to perform more than one?

Ans:
Wa `alaykum as-salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

*In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother, it’s a great pleasure for us to receive your question. We are really impressed by your eagerness to perform `Umrah accompanying your parents which may be a kind of reward for their favors.

You cannot do one `Umrah in the same*ihram.

Rather, you have to get out of Al-Haram boundary (to Tan`eem, for example) intending to perform `Umrah again.

Either you would perform `Umrah for yourself or on behalf of another one, the rule is; you release from your*ihram, get out of the Haram boundary, and make a new*ihram*intending a new `Umrah for yourself or any other person, alive or dead.

So, the rule is that: each `Umrah starts with*ihram, which starts before the boundary of the Haram (miqat*in Arabic) and ends with shaving or shortening hair (tahllul).

You can do that as many as you can in one visit to Makkah.

In his response to your question,*Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states,
You cannot make `Umrah twice with the same*ihram. However, you can do so by assuming*ihram, again, after you have come out of the*ihram*by going out of the boundary of Al-Haram (the Sacred Mosque).

Let me explain:

Once you have completed the `Umrah and released yourself from*ihram, you may, if you wish, make extra `Umrahs while in Makkah.
However, for this you will have to leave the boundary of Al-Haram; the closest and most convenient place to go for this is a place called Tan`eem which is known today as Masjid `Aishah.

If you want to do `Umrah in this way, I would advise you to perform*wudu’*at the hotel.

Put on your*ihram*attire, and then go to Masjid `Aishah.

Once you get there, you should pray two*rak`ahs*in the mosque and make the*niyyah*(intention) for `Umrah.
You should proceed to Makkah and perform*tawaaf*and*sa`y*as you did in your first `Umrah. Having completed these, you can come out of*ihram, as your `Umrah is complete now.

Should you wish to do another `Umrah, you may do so.

Allah Almighty knows best.

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-a....html?Rulings=
If it's true that you can purify at the hotel in the sacred precincts (i've done it at dubai before), please spread it far and wide since most of the people i observed (including myself) were crowding the public showers out due to ignorance.

~ Sabr ~
06-26-2015, 12:34 PM
:salamext:

You cannot perform Umrah more than once in the same Ihram. However once the 1st Umrah has been performed, any time after that you have to make a journey to Masjid 'Aisha which is outside Haram boundary and make intention again to perform Umrah. Then you can perform it again.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!