/* */

PDA

View Full Version : not sure which religion i am

igglesplat
05-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Hello. I am having trouble trying to figure out what religious group I should affiliate with. I believe in God and Hell and I believe that Jesus was the messiah. But I think that christianity is wrong because it says that jesus is the son of god which is blasphemy. But I also have a couple problems with islam. First, they have actually found hell in the center of the earth and it matches jesus' description of hell not the description of hell in the koran. And secondly, I am not sure if god really wants us to kill evil people. I agree with some of the teachings in both the koran and the new testament but don't agree with either one entirely.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
05-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Hi bro, welcome to the forum.

Are you referencing the scream type noises found coming from a pit in siberia? Referencing the hell fire in the center of the earth?

That was exposed as a fake. If not referencing this, please do be more detailed.

Scimi

BeTheChange
05-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Hi Igglesplat,

Welcome to the forum! You've made a great step registering and joining our forum today.

Am glad you are asking questions and questioning the knowledge that you have at this moment in time. Maybe this is your calling to Islaam? The soul never finds rest or peace until it's established the truth!

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest (13:28)

Am not sure what you have read, heard or witnessed. However, as a Muslim we don't believe hell is on this earth.

This earth is a temporary abode for us & the main purpose is to see if we can pass the trials, test and tribulations of earth.

Allah (God) has taught us through the Quraan and through our Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (PBUH), and many other prophets before Muhammad PBUH, how to live, what we can do an what we can't do. If we live according to these rules we pass the test and if we choose not to, we fail, and sadly enter hell.

This decision can only be made by Allah and once we die.

In Islam, we are not advised to kill the 'bad' people. In fact, this is a HUGE sin in Islam. We value life and we view life as a gift from God. A gift which cannot be abused whether that's in the form of self-harm, psychological torture, physical harm, sucide or taking another human being's life. If someone was to attack us then of course we are allowed to defend ourselves.

“Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

Let me share a very good historical story with you.

“Among those who came before you was a man who killed 99 people. He then asked to be guided to the most prolific worshipper from the inhabitants of the earth, and he was directed to a monk. He went to him and told him that he had killed 99 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The monk said, ‘No.’ The man killed him, thus making him the 100th victim. He then asked to be directed to the most knowledgeable of the Earth’s inhabitants, and he was guided to a scholar. He went to him and told him that he had killed 100 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The scholar said, ‘Yes, and who will stand between you and repentance. Go to such and such land, for in it dwell a people who worship Allah, so go and worship Allah with them. And do not return to your land, for it is indeed a land of evil.’ He left, and when he reached the halfway point of his journey, he died. The angels of Mercy and the angels of Punishment disputed with one another [in regard to his case]. The angels of Mercy said, ‘He came to us repentant, advancing with his heart towards Allah.’ The angels of Punishment said, ‘Indeed, he never performed any good deeds.’ Then an angel came in the form of a human being, and both groups of angels asked him to be the judge between them. He said, ‘Measure the distance between the two lands. Whichever land he is closer to is the land that he is closer to [in terms of being of its people]. They then measured the distance and found that he was closer to the land that he was heading towards, and so it was the angels of Mercy who then took his soul.”

[al-Bukhaari: 3470 ; Muslim: 2766]

This is one of the examples of Allah's MERCY on this man.

We believe Jesus PBUH was the son of Mary (Maryam pbuh). Jesus PBUH performed miracles and invited the Israelites to the same message of submission (Islaam(, as did all of the prophets who preceded him. He was not God, nor was he the 'Son of God', but was the Messiah, a prophet of God. Jesus did not invite people to worship himseld, rather, he called them to worship God, and he himself worshipped God.

please visit my favourite website where you can download any e-books or read articles >> http://kalamullah.com/non-muslims.html

Hope this helps an i hope you find peace and establish the truth Ameen.

greenhill
05-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

It is good that you are questioning. It is good that you want to know. Your journey begins :D

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
igglesplat
05-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Yes. They have found lava and sulphur in the center of the earth just as jesus described, and a creature called a devil worm living in hell, with heat resistant skin to protect it from the lava and nothing to eat but bacteria. There was an article about these devil worms in national geographic magazine. Jesus said "your worm will never die."

igglesplat
05-26-2015, 12:25 AM
A few days ago, I saw writing on the wall like in the book of Daniel in the old testament. I think that God is trying to warn me that something really bad is about to happen in the next few months, but he didn't say specifically what is going to happen.

Scimitar
05-26-2015, 12:35 AM
You're here... something is attracting you to Islam isn't it brother?

Something... may be some 1 - the ONE...

...don't rule it out.

The sign of intelligence is to be able to entertain a thought without necessarily accepting it, until you believe it.

Scimi

Sana Ijaz
05-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Do we have to follow a specific religion ,,,can't we just leave the things which we don't feel right and are not comfortable with,,,

Scimitar
05-26-2015, 01:49 AM
That's called escapism... when one claims they are searching for essential truths - one must be prepared to be accept these truths, no matter how strange they may seem... for truth, is often, stranger than fiction.

So when you say "why can't I just leave things as they are?" you're actually saying "I want to close my eyes and sink back into my dream land again - the truth is not for me"

Savvy?

No?

How about this then... "I don't want the truth, I want to be comfortable in my lies instead"

no?

Or how about -

"Truth is subjective - lies are not. I prefer lies"

... I can do this all day... matters not which you pick, all apply if you are an escapist.

But there is no escape from your resurrection on the day of judgement... heaven awaits... so does hell... make a choice :) simples.

Scimi

Sana Ijaz
05-26-2015, 02:19 AM
well escapism is that when a person actually knows the truth and don't want to accept it because lyf is easy that way,,,,,,,thats not what i am talking about,,,,
what if a person actually wants to know the truth but what if in every truth there is a lie ,,so a person can't accept it as whole,,,just like the person who started this thread said he is confused about both religions- Islam and Christianity,,,,what if very thing has its drawbacks and not every thing is black or white rather it is grey

Scimitar
05-26-2015, 02:54 AM
escapism is simply the act of removing yourself from a problematic situation or paradigm.... so you don't have to deal with it, think about it, consider it etc... by tha tlogic, it sticks. Anyway, to move on.

You spoke about gray areas... questions which remain unanswered and so - termed "gray"

what if, what you are mistaking for "gray areas" are in reality - the colours of the rainbow?

What then?

I tel you what sister Sana - how about you post your questions here and we will attempt to answer them in context. You have to post one question at a time so as to avoid the topic going all over the place - this will make this thread easier to follow.

Let's start in sha Allah.

Scimi

igglesplat
05-27-2015, 04:46 AM
A few years ago, I was visited by two angels. One angel prayed and the other put it's halo on top of my head. And then I heard a loud voice say "one day coming it will land on your claw and land on your lips" I think this means that god has good things planned for me. I know that only a small fraction of people live good enough lives to make it to heaven. Over 90 percent of people surveyed are guilty of lying constantly and over 90 percent of people are guilty of excessive sexual sin. A man once had a near death experience and went to heaven and they told him that only 1 in every 40 people is good enough to make it to heaven. There have been about 100 billion people since the time of genesis, so that means that there would be about 2.5 billion people in heaven.

Sana Ijaz
05-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Near death experiences are different for different people,,,some people even say that there was nothing as hell and heaven,it was only dark,,,so to know the truth exactly wait for death :statisfie

Abz2000
05-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Lol at making it up pygo - especially after all the conversations we previously had, we know full well that making up a way of life doesn't work on an individual level because there will always be someone more powerful to legislate otherwise - and even if the whole planet got together and agreed on a way of life that is contrary to God's - it would fall apart in a few centuries and cause your dreaded simulation of hell on earth.
Many nations have in the past tried - and they always end up with the weak and neglected screaming to the heavens for justice.
Anarchy is not a working model.
We may not be perfect - and may even appear hypocritical to an observer who scrutinizes our flaws, but must admit that God's model works to the best possible extent any model could work on this planet for any collective that will accept and adopt it with the rewards in eternity for setbacks being in abundance. Some people catch hell at work just because their retirement and pension are around the corner - despite their obvious inability to comprehend or control whether they'll live to spend it as a dying and helpless commercially unviable out of date product in a cold dog eat dog world that views financial capital as ultimate success - all this despite death and the meeting being a certainty.

Anarchy is useless,
Escape by suicide is impossible,
And entertaining the hope of avoiding being pulled up on the Day is a self deception.
Self deception works for a time though, like a pretend game where you tell youreslf that none of it's really happening.
But it all comes and hits you in one go once in a while and thats when you realise that you pretended you'd escaped but really hadn't.(like sum1 who grabs the bottle after sum1 close dies, then wakes up with a hangover and realises that the bottle's empty and the close one's still dead.

Sana ijaz - i can't think of any other way to prove it to you, try it if you like, then you'll be absolutely certain.
Or maybe ask yourself if it's a question you feel and know the answer to but find difficult to accept due to our flaws and distance from the path.
Hgh peaks are tedious to climb, but some must be climbed even if only for survival, no point pretending to urself that there's no scourging flood slowly drowning you and please don't believe the fools when they lie to you and claim there's no rising flood despite feeling the torrents from above lash your face.

Most of the oldies here know that i have a fascination with previous texts and i find this one quite thought-provoking.

14Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which*is*in Jerusalem.
15Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement;
when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us:
for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
16Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner*stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
17Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet:
and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
18And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
19From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only*to*understand the report.
20For the bed is shorter than that*a man*can stretch himself*on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself*in it.
(It will be said:) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!"
Quran 50:22

Makes me think of the templars and bush's skull and bones brotherhood of death and all their characters from hell.
And makes me worry about my own situation - since we know we're gonna die and willing persistence in sin is a little like agreement with hell.

Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against Allah, or saith, "I have received inspiration," when he hath received none, or (again) who saith, "I can reveal the like of what Allah hath revealed"? If thou couldst but see how the wicked (do fare) in the flood of confusion at death! - the angels stretch forth their hands, (saying),"Yield up your souls: this day shall ye receive your reward,- a penalty of shame, for that ye used to tell lies against Allah, and scornfully to reject of His signs!"

Quran 6:93

igglesplat
05-28-2015, 03:40 AM
I just came across a verse in the bible. Isaiah 3:12 "As for my people, women and children will rule over them and oppress them. O my people! Those who lead you cause you to err, and destroy the ways of your paths." This verse makes it sound like the Christians are God's people, especially with the women ruling over them. Muslim women are supposed to submit to the men, and the bible says not to let women have authority over men, so I can't imagine muslims being ruled by women.

Abz2000
05-28-2015, 04:29 AM
Hmmmmm, creeping slowly slowly

colinberry1
05-28-2015, 03:08 PM
The Qur’an also calls to the protection and sanctity of peoples’ lives and specifically mentions that the taking of an innocent life is one of the worst and most hideous crimes. The Prophet forbade breaking the bones of a dead animal so what about the taking of an innocent life? The Qur’an prescribes a life for a life and an eye for an eye for all injuries, however large or small, unless the family of the person killed or the injured person accepts financial compensation instead.

Well I will say I totally would agree with that more than I would agree to turning the other cheek, prescribed by Christianity.

Karl
05-28-2015, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by igglesplat
I just came across a verse in the bible. Isaiah 3:12 "As for my people, women and children will rule over them and oppress them. O my people! Those who lead you cause you to err, and destroy the ways of your paths." This verse makes it sound like the Christians are God's people, especially with the women ruling over them. Muslim women are supposed to submit to the men, and the bible says not to let women have authority over men, so I can't imagine muslims being ruled by women.
That pertains to the Israelites and it has already happened and their shills too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!