PDA

View Full Version : Has Allah abandoned me?

Abandoned
05-24-2015, 03:18 PM
I am broken. My life and my family is shattered. I pray Him for his guidance but I am still at the same place. Hopeless,cutting myself with a blade and shouting. My faith is drifting apart. I beg to Allah for a better life but my prayers haven't been accepted. There is wrong. Nothing is right. I want to kill myself. I know you all will hate me for this, you can because I do it myself. I want to get closer to Allah. I want Him to do something which will strengthen my faith and prove me wrong. I beg Him for a miracle. Ya Allah,madad.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-24-2015, 03:34 PM
Allah swa never abandons anyone. It is us, human beings who abandon ourselves through self-harm, through negative thinking, through wanting to kill ourselves etc. This is a form of neglect and it is a sin to hate yourself.

Before loving anyone else, we need to start with loving ourselves. I don't know what's happened in your life and what's made you reach a 'crisis' stage, but i personally believe where there is a will, there is a way! In sha Allah.

You said you want to get close to Allah swa. This is something you need to focus on. Allah swa will not perform a miracle and erase all the problems you have but if you turn to HIM, Allah swa will reach out to you. In sha Allah.

Allah is"closer to him (the human) than [his] jugular vein." (Quran 50.16)

I meet too many people in my life (not saying this applies to you but just some thoughts to ponder on), who tend to complain and moan Allah swa is not helping them. However, we need to put in the EFFORT and the ENERGY first before we start to feel happy within ourselves.

Why do you feel you are 'broken' and that your family life is 'shattered'?

Islam has the cures for every problem!

You've also stated there is wrong and nothing is right. Maybe you are choosing to see the wrong and are focusing on the wrongs that you are too blinded to see the good around you? Even being able to walk is a HUGE blessing! Ask someone who is bedridden. The ability to speak is a miracle in itself. Imagine not being able to speak!

I hope you re-consider your perspective about your life and start making small changes in your life what will have a BIG impact on your self-psychology and mentality. If you don't pray regularly, start praying, do zikar, wake up in the middle of the night and make dua. Allah swa will ALWAYS listen to you. Never doubt Allah swa!

Allah says, conveying to us the words of his prophet Jacob (peace be upon him): “Never despair of Allah’s mercy. No one despairs of Allah’s mercy except the unbelieving people.” [Sûrah Yûsuf: 87]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) related to us that Allah says: "I am as My servant thinks of Me. I am with him when he remembers Me. If he mentions Me within himself, I mention him within Myself. If he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in a better assembly. If he comes near to Me a handspan, I come near to him the distance of a cubit. If he comes near to Me the distance of a cubit, I come near to him the distance of two outspread arms. If he comes to Me walking, I come to him running." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî(6856) and Sahîh Muslim (4832)]

Think about these words. The first thing Allah calls us towards is to have a positive outlook about Him under all circumstances, since He will be as His servant thinks of Him. Allah will relate to the person the way the person expects Him to. When the servant assumes the best about his Lord and pins his hopes on his Lord's providence, his Lord will not disappoint him. Allah will never let his good deeds go unrewarded. When the servant beseeches Allah, he believes that his prayer will be answered. When he sincerely repents for a sin, he trusts that Allah will forgive him. When he performs a virtuous deed, he assumes that Allah will accept it form him and reward him for it. All of this is part of assuming the best about Allah.

This is why the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "When you beseech Allah in supplication,be convinced that He will answer you." [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (3401)]

The power to carry out daily activities comes from the power of the mind and the soul so you need to change your MENTALITY because if you have a bad mentality this will affect the output of your life.

May Allah swa give you tranquility and peace of mind Ameen.

Abandoned
05-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Allah swa never abandons anyone. It is us, human beings who abandon ourselves through self-harm, through negative thinking, through wanting to kill ourselves etc. This is a form of neglect and it is a sin to hate yourself.

Before loving anyone else, we need to start with loving ourselves. I don't know what's happened in your life and what's made you reach a 'crisis' stage, but i personally believe where there is a will, there is a way! In sha Allah.

You said you want to get close to Allah swa. This is something you need to focus on. Allah swa will not perform a miracle and erase all the problems you have but if you turn to HIM, Allah swa will reach out to you. In sha Allah.

Allah is"closer to him (the human) than [his] jugular vein." (Quran 50.16)

I meet too many people in my life (not saying this applies to you but just some thoughts to ponder on), who tend to complain and moan Allah swa is not helping them. However, we need to put in the EFFORT and the ENERGY first before we start to feel happy within ourselves.

Why do you feel you are 'broken' and that your family life is 'shattered'?

Islam has the cures for every problem!

You've also stated there is wrong and nothing is right. Maybe you are choosing to see the wrong and are focusing on the wrongs that you are too blinded to see the good around you? Even being able to walk is a HUGE blessing! Ask someone who is bedridden. The ability to speak is a miracle in itself. Imagine not being able to speak!

I hope you re-consider your perspective about your life and start making small changes in your life what will have a BIG impact on your self-psychology and mentality. If you don't pray regularly, start praying, do zikar, wake up in the middle of the night and make dua. Allah swa will ALWAYS listen to you. Never doubt Allah swa!

Allah says, conveying to us the words of his prophet Jacob (peace be upon him): “Never despair of Allah’s mercy. No one despairs of Allah’s mercy except the unbelieving people.” [Sûrah Yûsuf: 87]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) related to us that Allah says: "I am as My servant thinks of Me. I am with him when he remembers Me. If he mentions Me within himself, I mention him within Myself. If he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in a better assembly. If he comes near to Me a handspan, I come near to him the distance of a cubit. If he comes near to Me the distance of a cubit, I come near to him the distance of two outspread arms. If he comes to Me walking, I come to him running." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî(6856) and Sahîh Muslim (4832)]

Think about these words. The first thing Allah calls us towards is to have a positive outlook about Him under all circumstances, since He will be as His servant thinks of Him. Allah will relate to the person the way the person expects Him to. When the servant assumes the best about his Lord and pins his hopes on his Lord's providence, his Lord will not disappoint him. Allah will never let his good deeds go unrewarded. When the servant beseeches Allah, he believes that his prayer will be answered. When he sincerely repents for a sin, he trusts that Allah will forgive him. When he performs a virtuous deed, he assumes that Allah will accept it form him and reward him for it. All of this is part of assuming the best about Allah.

This is why the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "When you beseech Allah in supplication,be convinced that He will answer you." [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (3401)]

The power to carry out daily activities comes from the power of the mind and the soul so you need to change your MENTALITY because if you have a bad mentality this will affect the output of your life.

May Allah swa give you tranquility and peace of mind Ameen.
Thank you for the reply..My family is shattered because there is no love..only fight between the family members. Death of family members. I lost my sister..my father lost his brother..my cousin lost her brother! its seems like we are cursed!

farhan
05-24-2015, 04:11 PM
May Allah make it easy for you and ease your difficulties. Ameen.

Brother I recommend you watch this video, shows how we are truly blessed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
05-24-2015, 04:16 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Abandoned
....cutting myself with a blade and shouting. .

don't do it bro . It won't help u in anyway and Allah will be angry with u . Remember Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope

Don't miss any prayer , give charity if possible . Remember that this life is a test for hereafter . Show patience . Allah love those who have patience .

greenhill
05-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Wow! Step back, please. No one escapes death. That is a curse for all humanity, no! Sorry, all living things.

I see that you are obviously exasperated. Remember the story of Nabi Ayub (Job). Remember that we are tested. And because it is a test, not everyone will pass. We also have to remember that not anyone has to fail. Passing or failing is a personal choice.

How do we survive the test? By being having faith, remaining patient and striving ahead.

Hurting yourself or ending your life is not the answer, you know it too.

Perhaps you need to do some soul searching. Perhaps even stop living other people's lives. Taking on too much and failing miserably on most and what was supposed to have been a helping hand ended up messing things up. I don't know the why's of your predicament.

I repeat again, faith, patience and strive ahead.

:peace:

Signor
05-24-2015, 05:07 PM
:sl:

Allah said:

That is because Allah would not change a favor which He had bestowed upon a people until they change what is within themselves. And indeed, Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

Surat Al-'Anfal [verse 53]

Bro,You have to take the first step yourself,miracles don't happen everyday.:)

Karl
05-25-2015, 02:01 AM
I am broken. My life and my family is shattered. I pray Him for his guidance but I am still at the same place. Hopeless,cutting myself with a blade and shouting. My faith is drifting apart. I bed to Allah for a better life but my prayers haven't been accepted. There is wrong. Nothing is right. I want to kill myself. I know you all will hate me for this, you can because I do it myself. I want to get closer to Allah. I want Him to do something which will strengthen my faith and prove me wrong. I beg Him for a miracle. Ya Allah,madad.
Think of it this way, many others are dying in wars and starving and getting killed in all horrible manners and diseases and they don't have the luxury to whine and feel sorry for themselves online. You just have to struggle past the darkness, it is not real, it is only in your mind.

Scimitar
05-25-2015, 09:18 PM
He (or she) who has no one, has Allah.

Scimi

Layth
05-25-2015, 10:09 PM
I am broken. My life and my family is shattered. I pray Him for his guidance but I am still at the same place. Hopeless,cutting myself with a blade and shouting. My faith is drifting apart. I bed to Allah for a better life but my prayers haven't been accepted. There is wrong. Nothing is right. I want to kill myself. I know you all will hate me for this, you can because I do it myself. I want to get closer to Allah. I want Him to do something which will strengthen my faith and prove me wrong. I beg Him for a miracle. Ya Allah,madad.
To add to what has already been said, please go to see your doctor, if you haven't already. He/she may be able to help decide whether your problems are perhaps intrinsic and in need of a helping hand. Sometimes, we can sink into pits of despair from which faith alone cannot drag us out. Talking to a professional, counselling, cognitive techniques, meditative practices, and even medication, all help in those instances. Please take the steps to seek this help? It sounds to me like you need it.

Pygoscelis
05-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Karl
Think of it this way, many others are dying in wars and starving and getting killed in all horrible manners and diseases and they don't have the luxury to whine and feel sorry for themselves online. You just have to struggle past the darkness, it is not real, it is only in your mind.
Indeed. Well said. I think sometimes you have to hit true rock bottom before you change paradigms and see things in a more positive light. A number of years ago I had everything in my life go wrong and I was very depressed and down on myself. I considered suicide. But then after thinking it through for a while, I realized that I had nothing... and having nothing is in itself a fresh start. I stopped living for my past and for myself, and I realized that here I was with a human life and an opportunity to affect other human lives for the better. That became my new core being and it has been all good for me ever since that moment. I never got or wanted the things I used to have, but I have found new thing and new purpose and meaning I didn't have before, even when I thought I had it all.

Karl
05-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Indeed. Well said. I think sometimes you have to hit true rock bottom before you change paradigms and see things in a more positive light. A number of years ago I had everything in my life go wrong and I was very depressed and down on myself. I considered suicide. But then after thinking it through for a while, I realized that I had nothing... and having nothing is in itself a fresh start. I stopped living for my past and for myself, and I realized that here I was with a human life and an opportunity to affect other human lives for the better. That became my new core being and it has been all good for me ever since that moment. I never got or wanted the things I used to have, but I have found new thing and new purpose and meaning I didn't have before, even when I thought I had it all.
I believe people have a notion that life should be a bed of roses. But if you have the attitude that all you need is food and shelter and the rest is gravy, I think that helps a lot. What is pleasure without suffering? What is light without the darkness. If you are in constant misery look on the bright side, you don't live for ever.
And the irony is that those that are really in hell on Earth seem to appreciate life the most.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.