/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When can a wife claim abandonment from her husband?

Lisa921
05-27-2015, 08:36 PM
Salaam alaykum
I have a friend who has not lived with her husband since 2011 December...he refuses to live with her due to private reasons that I do not want to discuss on a public forum. He will never change his mind.
He does not support her financial or spiritually or mentally or physically.
financially_ she has worked and taken welfare since he left her
spiritualy_ he mocks her when she prays and has told their kids "she thinks she's praying to allah" as a twisted joke
mentally_ he insults her with bad names and insults her family
physically_ he does nothing to help her physical needs of marriage.

but he refuses to divorce or give khula until now and the sister is living in misery on her own at a low paying job that doesn't pay her bills while getting welfare to support herself.

How long must she stay like this until it is clear that she has been abandoned by her husband and gets a divorce?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Am sorry to hear the pain of your friend. Sounds like a very depressing situation.

I have never read there is a time-frame associated with a divorce.

From my understanding, you can get a divorce the minute after you get married.

May Allah swa help your friend find comfort through other means Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!