/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents might be earning haram

anonymous
05-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Assalamualikum.
I don't know how to go about this. Where I come from, there are certain schemes to help out the poor people by providing scholarships for education and discount rations, etc. To avail these schemes, a certificate of income has to be made. This is where the problem comes in. I'm fairly certain that my parents aren't involved in any haram methods of earning money, but I've seen income certificates in my house which I'm pretty sure that they're forged. Both of my parents earn money, although I'm not certain as to how much my father makes, my mother's gross income (taxes excluded, I don't know how taxes work yet) already exceeds the eligibility for the scholarships, and as such, we shouldn't be able to benefit from these schemes, right? Does getting these benefits constitute haram income?

For those who want the details and the numbers, I am from india, and to avail any of the schemes, you have to have an yearly income of less than 100k rupees per annum. Not sure how much my father makes but my mother's income is roughly 20k per month,I think, which amounts to 240k per year, this making us ineligible for the scholarships and discounts ration shops. My relation with my parents isn't very good, as illustrated my the fact that I don't know how much my father makes, or even what job he does, so I'm very hesitant to confront them about this :( . What should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
05-30-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm not going to justify anything. All I can say is that being a parent is not an easy thing. Children these days are very quick to make judgement calls on matters they understand very little except outright principles. Not that it is a bad thing, but they definitely would not see the great sacrifices the parents make to get where they are.

Accept what your parents give you. They are seeking discounts not free of charge. I'm sure they have other commitments to handle and obligations to meet.

Pray for them and seek blessing from Allah. If you succeed in life, be grateful and be charitable. But don't fret about how your parents do their business. Just make sure you do yours.. and pass those exams well :D

:peace:

anonymous
05-31-2015, 06:12 AM
But this here is clear forgery of false documents. Isn't that how everyone justifies earning haram money? That they're just trying to provide for their family. Ask a street mugger and that's what he'll say.

Also please do not assume that I am some sort of a street junkie :c. I've received several scholarships on the basis of my grades. Its just that higher level of education doesn't have similar scholarships based on merit.

ardianto
05-31-2015, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I'm not going to justify anything. All I can say is that being a parent is not an easy thing. Children these days are very quick to make judgement calls on matters they understand very little except outright principles. Not that it is a bad thing, but they definitely would not see the great sacrifices the parents make to get where they are.

Accept what your parents give you. They are seeking discounts not free of charge. I'm sure they have other commitments to handle and obligations to meet.

Pray for them and seek blessing from Allah. If you succeed in life, be grateful and be charitable. But don't fret about how your parents do their business. Just make sure you do yours.. and pass those exams well :D

Maybe you misunderstand the point. The anonymous's parents have enough income, so they are not included in the category of poor families. However, the anonymous's parents 'pretending to be poor', so they could get a scholarship and discount ration, which actually are only for the poor.

It's not different than you pretend as poor people, so you could get "Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia" which actually only for the poor.

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
But this here is clear forgery of false documents. Isn't that how everyone justifies earning haram money? That they're just trying to provide for their family. Ask a street mugger and that's what he'll say.

Also please do not assume that I am some sort of a street junkie :c. I've received several scholarships on the basis of my grades. Its just that higher level of education doesn't have similar scholarships based on merit.
I can't say whether the scholarship and discount ration that your parent get are haram or halal. But if your parent pretend as poor to get scholarship and discount ration, it's mean they commit violation through taking what should be the rights of the poor.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
05-31-2015, 07:13 AM
Then don't do it, if you feel strongly about it.

If I have to steal so that my son survives, the sin is on me. If my son finds out and feels strongly about it, does he, 1) confront his parents about it, or 2) go out and find his own meals.

legendaryman
05-31-2015, 10:58 AM
this is purely haraam income to take and it is very common in india both by muslims and non muslim ,it also requires non judicial stamp paper and this is like testimony that information provided is correct which actually big lie and cheating , betrayal which are biggest sins

colinberry1
05-31-2015, 02:50 PM
I am afraid this sort of disease exists everywhere, it is extremely sickening especially when you get people in higher echelons exploiting it, most of the time they know they can get away with it, pretty sickening that is why the world is in the position it is.

I am afraid that we live in a world that this is normal behaviour for more people then you can begin to even comprehend, it is sad somebody like yourself would be damage by this evil that exists all around us, you vote this very same people in power, they create the loopholes that people in their circle knows and use, can you blame them when foolish people, ignorant to their scams think it is all normal.

greenhills is right you have got to fight it yourself, unfortunately it is a quick road to poverty, because these people want you to be as damage as they are so they can convince themselves everyone is the same, so they can sleep at night, you just have to look at this group of people as low lives that keep the world in sin, by their behaviour, damaging people like yourself on the way.

My respect to you for trying to understand the sins of the world, just be contented too what you are and wait for your rewards in heaven.

colinberry1
06-01-2015, 05:30 AM
Actions that are haram result in punishment, and are therefore considered a sin if carried out by a Muslim.[7] An Islamic principle related to haram is that if something is prohibited, then anything that leads to it is also considered haram. A similar principle is that the sin of haram is not limited to the person who engages in the prohibited activity, but the sin also extends to others who support the person in the activity, whether it be material or moral support.[8]

Wow the Islamic religion certainly understands the devil, put this principal in the UK the whole society would collapse, it thrives on that form of logic. Extremely kosher.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!