/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage to a non-muslim

sabrina786
06-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Salaam Brothers and Sisters,

I have a question regarding a muslim woman marrying a non-muslim man. I have met a man who I think, in terms of character, I could be happily married to for the rest of my life. We have spoken about marriage, and how it would be impossible for my parents to accept any relationship between us. He is from a hindu family, but somewhere along the way lost his faith and now simply believes that there is a god and in being a good person you can live a prosperous life. I am a Muslim and have non-shakeable faith, something I would never give up, and he is well aware of this. He does not eat pork and has quit drinking, and has made it abundantly clear that he has no problem with me practicing my faith and raising my children (were they to be his) as muslims. As far as I have researched, these are essentially the only reasons provided in prohibiting a muslim woman from marrying a non-muslim man. Under such clear circumstances, what sort of objection could be offered to our potential marriage? Why is it that I would still not be allowed to marry him?

JazakAllah Khair for any feedback and for lending your ears.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vlad
06-06-2015, 07:11 PM
O you who have believed, when the believing women come to you as emigrants, examine them. Allah is most knowing as to their faith. And if you know them to be believers, then do not return them to the disbelievers; they are not lawful [wives] for them, nor are they lawful [husbands] for them. But give the disbelievers what they have spent.

It doesn't matter whether he is a polytheist or monotheist, you marriage will be considered as invalid(Zina).

Vlad
06-06-2015, 07:23 PM
As far as I have researched, these are essentially the only reasons provided in prohibiting a muslim woman from marrying a non-muslim man.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

You might want to re-evaluate your not so "unshakeable belief".

Under such clear circumstances, what sort of objection could be offered to our potential marriage?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

For starters hinduism is a disease, it will be only a matter of time before you forsake practicing Islam, then the reality of Tauheed. Not long ago(58 years is nothing in human and Islamic history), we also happened to have these self-proclaimed muslim women who preferred to stay with those hindus scums who raped them and their ******* children, rather than coming to Pakistan.

Women are sensitive and delicate, and Islam undertands that.

sister herb
06-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Salam alaykum

I am not the scholar but here is some information:

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-t...uslim-man.html

The second thing; I know personally sister from India who married with reverted muslim who originally was from hindu family. As the respect to his parents, this brother hasn´t never told to his parents that he has left hinduism and become a muslim. He afraids to shock his parents and also afraid his life if his family will knows this. Because of this, family of this sister believes now that she has married with non-muslim (what she hasn´t done) and they have had to hide because of the fear of hers own family. By some way they both are now living like outlaws, separated from their own families. Sister as physically, brother as mentally. :exhausted It´s extremely hard also to their children as they become confused when meet some family members from their fathers side or mothers side.

You can marry this man if he will reverts to islam. I don´t know in what country and culture you are living but hopely your life doesn´t turn to kind of mess like this sister from India.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
-Hussain-
06-06-2015, 09:00 PM
wa alaykum salaam

I'm sure in your research you must have found that a nikah of a Muslim woman is only valid with a Muslim man as per the Quran. There is no different views on this.

If a Muslim woman decides to enter into a a 'marriage contract' with a non-Muslim then as far as the Shariah is concerned that 'marriage' will be invalid, any relations that occur as a result of that marriage will be haram, and any children born out of it will be illegitimate.

As Muslims we submit to the commands of Allah. We don't go looking for perceived reasons then think that the prohibition is dependent on your own perceived reason being there or not. The fact of the matter is the nikah is invalid because that is the command of Allah. We can ponder over the wisdoms behind the command, but the prohibition does not depend on that.

I would advise you to fear Allah, break contact with this man, and if there is good in him he should sincerely look into converting to Islam and then he may approach you for marriage the proper way through your parents. Only then should you be considering him as a prospective husband.

-Hussain-
06-06-2015, 09:02 PM
...And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember.
[Quran 2:221]

sister herb
06-06-2015, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Hussain-
he may approach you for marriage the proper way through your parents.
Salam alaykum

This part interest me; can´t we marry without the permit from the parents? In some cases parents don´t allow spouse from different culture/race or revert spouse. Even if marring someone would be allowed by islam, parents may say no by kind of reasons. Can´t we make kind of decision without permit from our parents then at all?

MuslimInshallah
06-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I should like to point out the following ayah (Qur'an 24:3):

Pickthall
: The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers.

(mildly) Actually, I feel that fornicator would be a better translation than adulterer. But this raises a rather interesting point, for all those brothers who like to smugly tell their sisters that marriage with a non-Muslim is haram and then do nothing to help her marry a Muslim brother… and ostracize and blame her... How many brothers are there out there who have committed zina, and then gone on to marry pure girls? But it is haram...

I also wonder why we don't notice that a woman who commits zina is also barred from marrying anyone but an adulterer or an idolator!

Does this mean that if a Muslim woman commits zina… she is free to marry who she wishes?! Is this a message we want our young women to consider?

Here in Canada, we have a huge problem of sisters looking to marry decent Muslim men. Even the young women. Rather than condemn the women who cannot restrain themselves their whole lives… I think we need to have some meaningful discussions about how we can help them find decent Muslim husbands. (mildly) And I think that the solutions start with the Muslim men taking on their responsibilities.

It's a mess out there right now. We need responsible Muslim men to marry Muslim women. Not irresponsible playboys. Not men who feel free to marry anyone they like (as long as they are vaguely Christian or Jewish). Real men who want to found an Islamic household... Incidentally, the statistics for Islam being passed on through a Muslim man married to a non-Muslim women (in Canada) are not much better than those of a Muslim woman marrying a non-Muslim man. But nearly all children from families with two Muslim parents identify as Muslims…

I think, rather than pointing at Muslim women as the source of the problem, we need to acknowledge that it is in great part Muslim men who are pushing them in these directions. And that if we are to preserve Tawhid in countries such as mine… we are going to have to get to work on the problem… right now. And we need to be compassionate and realistic. The full knowledge and adherence to Islam took 23 years to establish, even with Allah's Prophet (SAWS) to guide and teach. To expect our young men and women to be able to establish a fully faithful Islamic life immediately (with very little guidance)… is naive. We have a gold standard, yes. But we want to be as our Prophet taught us to be with the people around him: patient and kind and understanding. Gently, but persistently calling. And forgiving.

(twinkle) And now that I've scolded the men, and exhorted all Muslims in countries such as mine to be more flexible and kindhearted… I do want to say a few things to you, Sabrina, my dear. (smile) I understand you very well. And this man sounds like a really wonderful person. But, you know, it is very hard to raise children as Muslims without the support of your husband, especially if you are in a Muslim-minority country. This is just a brute reality. If you care deeply about Allah (and I believe you do), you need to take into consideration the effect of having a bi-religious (I am counting agnosticism as a religion) family will have on them as well as yourself.

From what you have said… he is very close to Islam, it seems to me. Before marriage is the time that men are most open to change. Perhaps you could encourage this man to investigate Islam in a serious way? Because you care about him, and want him to know the joys of getting closer to God. And for the sake of your and his children? Perhaps you could describe the joy of teaching your children together? Of praying together? Of enjoying Ramadan together? Of how this unity between husband and wife can help protect young people from the lures of hedonism and gangs and drugs? That children in stable families (and united families are less likely to fail) tend to do better in their studies, in their jobs, in their happiness in life? That faith in God is an important part of who you are? That you passionately believe that the Qur'an is God's actual Guidence… and that you wish you could share this passion with him? Perhaps you could let him know that in order to fully respect him, you'd want to be able to look up to him as a Muslim male role model for your children? That you admire his bravery in opening his eyes to the possibility of God? And that his taking a little step more could make such a difference in the joy and harmony of your home life together...

(gently) These are all truths, are they not?

Pray for him, my dear. And I will pray for the two of you, too, inshAllah.

May Allah, the Compassionate, Bless all those seekers who are wandering in the twilight… and Bring them into His Warm and Gentle Light.

Vlad
06-07-2015, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah

I think, rather than pointing at Muslim women as the source of the problem, we need to acknowledge that it is in great part Muslim men who are pushing them in these directions. And that if we are to preserve Tawhid in countries such as mine… we are going to have to get to work on the problem… right now. And we need to be compassionate and realistic. The full knowledge and adherence to Islam took 23 years to establish, even with Allah's Prophet (SAWS) to guide and teach. To expect our young men and women to be able to establish a fully faithful Islamic life immediately (with very little guidance)… is naive. We have a gold standard, yes. But we want to be as our Prophet taught us to be with the people around him: patient and kind and understanding. Gently, but persistently calling. And forgiving.
I don't think anybody has specifically pointed that Muslim women is the source of porblem, i have never been to Canada or Europe, so i won't comment on this issue.

format_quote Originally Posted by sabrina786
He does not eat pork and has quit drinking, and has made it abundantly clear that he has no problem with me practicing my faith and raising my children (were they to be his) as muslims.

From where does she get that idea that it is alright for a muslim women to be with a guy who is not a muslim? Who will be the father of her children, yet she thinks that her future husband's lifestyle won't have any effect on her children. That is sickness, which is secularism, planted by the very own Indian media, I'm guessing that she is Indian. That's how atheism flourishes in societies. God doesn't need your prayers, God doesn't need you to follow a strict procedure, so do what you want to do.

Why did I give such a rude example above? Because in those countries(again i'm not talking about countries like Canada) where society follows patriarchal values, such as Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Afghanistan etc. When a girl marries, her husband and his family is everything to her. Just to please her husband, he would cook for his whole family. She would be satisfied if in return her husband paid her only a little bit of compliment.

Now how can a sane person really say that wife and children won't be affected by the views of a husband in these type of societies? What really saddens me that nobody is telling her that she is already committing sin by keeping a contact with a Na-Mehram, she seems to love her and at the same time she knows under Islamic law she can't get married to him.

in opening his eyes to the possibility of God?
That's something new, how do you really think a woman should give dawah to a Kaffir, who believes that she has researched so, so much that her future husband fulfills every single condition that Islam has laid down, or any woman in that regard? That's wrong on so many levels, that i can't even elaborate.

Brotherly advice, you should just tell your parents about your feelings, if they disagree (they better understand that changing one's religion just for the sake of marriage, isn't always fruitful), then just find a good muslim man who can at least look after your basic needs and comforts.

Vlad
06-07-2015, 01:10 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I also wonder why we don't notice that a woman who commits zina and doesn't repent is also barred from marrying anyone but an adulterer or an idolator!

Fixed.

Insaanah
06-07-2015, 10:46 AM
:salam:

I should like to point out the following ayah (Qur'an 24:3):

Pickthall: The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers.

(mildly) Actually, I feel that fornicator would be a better translation than adulterer. But this raises a rather interesting point, for all those brothers who like to smugly tell their sisters that marriage with a non-Muslim is haram… and then do nothing to help her marry a Muslim brother… and ostracize and blame her... How many brothers are there out there who have committed zina, and then gone on to marry pure girls? But it is haram...

I also wonder why we don't notice that a woman who commits zina is also barred from marrying anyone but an adulterer or an idolator!

Does this mean that if a Muslim woman commits zina… she is free to marry who she wishes?! Is this a message we want our young women to consider?
Not if they've repented. And they shouldn't have to if they've repented. Many if not most scholars are of the view that an adulterer who repents, and is now chaste, his or her marriage to a chaste person is valid.

I think, rather than pointing at Muslim women as the source of the problem, we need to acknowledge that it is in great part Muslim men who are pushing them in these directions.
It is a general societal problem, and I don't think the blame can or should be put on one gender more than the other. Even though it is the duty of the men to facilitate the marriage of the women under their care, sometimes it is not easy for them too, depending on individual and societal circumstances. Having said that, coming up with solutions within the framework of Islam is the crunch part...

From what you have said… he is very close to Islam, it seems to me.
It is easy for any man to give this impression when a Muslim woman is "in love" with him, and we need to be very wary of this.

"Falling in love" clouds judgement in a way that nothing else can. "He has no problem with Islam" etc, things we hear so often, which can make a Muslim consider any possible justification in marrying a mushrik, and therefore violating the laws of Allah, just because he is nice to her and they are on the same "wavelength". Tomorrow, he may find another girl, maybe a Hindu girl, whom he is on even a better wavelength with.

Sister Sabrina, it is good that you have come here and asked. For the situation you describe, you ask what sort of objection could be offered. The biggest objection of all, which is that Allah and his rasool :saws: have legislated that a Muslim woman cannot marry except a Muslim man. A man, who, firmly believes that there is no God but Allah, Only He is worthy of worship, He has no incarnations, He does not dwell in human or animal bodies, that Muhammad :saws: is the last messenger of Allah, believes in the previous prophets, books, angels, resurrection and day of judgement, etc, and also prays, fasts, gives zakaat etc. Normally, if someone is interested in Islam just to marry a woman, then it is adviseable to let him settle into Islam for a period after reverting and also use that as a period to make sure that his Islam is not just a verbal declaration to marry you, but that he is indeed fully committed.

You said you spoke to him about your parents not accepting him, but your faith shouldn't be about your parents, but God. Say to him, I cannot violate the laws of my Creator. If your parents accepted him while Allah said it was haraam, would that make it ok? No...

Please cut all contact with him, and refer him to a Muslim brother who can then give him da'wah and see if he will become a Muslim, and if it proves he is a Muslim, then your wali, if satisfied, can arrange marriage.

May Allah keep you and us all on the straight path, rectify all our affairs, and grant all Muslims righteous, pious spouses, pleasing to each other and to Allah, ameen.

Lisa921
06-07-2015, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vlad
As far as I have researched, these are essentially the only reasons provided in prohibiting a muslim woman from marrying a non-muslim man.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

You might want to re-evaluate your not so "unshakeable belief".

Under such clear circumstances, what sort of objection could be offered to our potential marriage?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

For starters hinduism is a disease, it will be only a matter of time before you forsake practicing Islam, then the reality of Tauheed. Not long ago(58 years is nothing in human and Islamic history), we also happened to have these self-proclaimed muslim women who preferred to stay with those hindus scums who raped them and their ******* children, rather than coming to Pakistan.

Women are sensitive and delicate, and Islam undertands that.
im sorry but this is way to harsh an answer for her and its erroneous
even self proclaimed muslim men can be ones to rape their wives. it happens in all types of households regardless of the faith. the disease is the mindset of the man who chooses to do that and it can't be shirk off onto any particular faith group.
She has not said anything bad about this mans character that indicates he might be that sort of man so I don't know why you even brought it up but I felt the need to address it after you brought up because of the seriousness of the issue.
may allah protect all my sisters from being in a loveless, abusive marriage. ameen

Lisa921
06-07-2015, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Hussain-
I would advise you to fear Allah, break contact with this man, and if there is good in him he should sincerely look into converting to Islam and then he may approach you for marriage the proper way through your parents. Only then should you be considering him as a prospective husband.
Sorry this is tangent...
but I suppose I will never marry again since I have been muslim ten years Alhamdulillah and have yet to meet a Muslim man who would approach my parents to marry me. I am starting to think there are no muslim men in Canada who respect the rights of non-muslim parents over their muslim daughters....SAD to say...but I digress. Continue with your discussion!

OmAbdullah
06-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Assalaamo alaikum

Allah said in surah Al-Nisaa verse 141:

---------and Allah will not give the disbelievers any way ( supremacy ) over the believers.

Allah is our Creator and knows our nature very well. A woman is much weaker than man, so Allah didn't allow her husband to be a non-Muslim even if he is from the people of the Book (Jew or Christian). A Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian or Jew girl/woman with the condition that: she must be pious (not immoral), that a Muslim girl/woman should not be neglected (i.e. he must be careful and if a Muslim unmarried girl is present then she is the first choice for him), and also in case of marriage with a Christian/Jew he is responsible for the faith of his children from her. He should not allow her to make the children kafirs. As he is man (stronger than his wife, so he can manage to bring up the children Muslims).

A Muslim man is also not allowed to marry an idolater female according to the ayah 221 of surah al-Baqarh (given above in a brother's post). How can a Muslim girl believe that a Mushrik boy who doesn't accept the Truth of Tawheed will be truthful and will let her practice her religion as well as bring up the children Muslims??? How can a Muslim girl love a man who denies Allah??? Allah has allowed us for properly serious and moral talks and has prohibited all types of hidden and open friendship. Then, according to this Command, a girl shouldn't make love affair even with a Muslim boy. Therefore it is our duty to remain within the limits ordained by Allah if we claim that we are Muslims.

This is true that many men (even Muslim men) don't want marriages and the Muslim girls remained without marriage. The basic cause is the wrong system. Allah, as The Creator , knows our physiology. So Allah made the laws such that man/boy needs marriage and is ready to pay lots of mahr (according to his status) and to support wife and children. When Allah's laws are discarded and immoral pictures, films, dramas, as well as girls without hijab and even without proper dress are seen every where, men have become fed up and don't need marriage. If a society becomes fully Islamic so that men cannot enjoy the company of females without legal marriage, then they will certainly do marriages.

Vlad
06-07-2015, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa921
im sorry but this is way to harsh an answer for her and its erroneous
even self proclaimed muslim men can be ones to rape their wives. it happens in all types of households regardless of the faith. the disease is the mindset of the man who chooses to do that and it can't be shirk off onto any particular faith group.
She has not said anything bad about this mans character that indicates he might be that sort of man so I don't know why you even brought it up but
It would be way better if you didn't have quoted me, this is not about faith, neither the answer is erroneous.
My answer was enough to refute feminists dissent, that why in Islam it is not permissible for a Muslim women to marry a kaafir or why there were no female Prophets.

After the migration the commission was formed in 1950 or either in 1952 and it was the duty of its members to ensure the return of Muslim women(mainly Punjabis) who remained behind, but they refused to come, the reason they gave was that we have already given birth to children and we have now married their fathers(rapists), and they are our whole world now.

Now I certainly don't know that how did you assume that i was talking about that man's character. If she were to marry that non-muslim man, and she would probably have children too, just like any other average father he would look after her children, and it's natural for a woman to have affection with such husband who not only take care of her but also her children. In such a scenario, there is more chance of her leaving Islam(she has already said that she loves her) than him accepting it.

Ridwaan Ravat
06-10-2015, 03:41 AM
Assalamualykum.

Allah ta'alah has created us and placed laws upon us which will only benefit us. At times we might understand the wisdom and at other times not, the implementation on the law is not based on our understanding and our logic.

Having understood that, Allah ta'alah in his ultimate wisdom has prohibited for Muslim women to marry non Muslim men. For us to go against the divine law of Allah ta 'alah based on our weak understanding is totally against logic.

I would suggest you break all communications with this person, turn to Allah for guidance and understanding and Insha Allah, Allah will bless you with the perfect partner.

May Allah make it easy for you. Aameen

Hamza Asadullah
06-11-2015, 10:06 PM

I have a question regarding a muslim woman marrying a non-muslim man. I have met a man who I think, in terms of character, I could be happily married to for the rest of my life. We have spoken about marriage, and how it would be impossible for my parents to accept any relationship between us. He is from a hindu family, but somewhere along the way lost his faith and now simply believes that there is a god and in being a good person you can live a prosperous life. I am a Muslim and have non-shakeable faith, something I would never give up, and he is well aware of this. He does not eat pork and has quit drinking, and has made it abundantly clear that he has no problem with me practicing my faith and raising my children (were they to be his) as muslims. As far as I have researched, these are essentially the only reasons provided in prohibiting a muslim woman from marrying a non-muslim man. Under such clear circumstances, what sort of objection could be offered to our potential marriage? Why is it that I would still not be allowed to marry him?

Asalaamu Alaikum,

My sister just as it has been pointed out in this thread there is no doubt that it is not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry anyone but a Muslim man. There is no debating that. What I also want to add that it is a great deception that those Muslim women who do end up choosing to marry non Muslims think they can bring up their children to be Muslims. That will definitely not be the case. I know of many who thought exactly the same thing and today their children call themselves half Muslim and are totally confused about their religious identity. This is because Allah does not put any blessings in such marriages because they are not recognised in Islam as legitimate.

So please do not let your enemy shaythan fool you. He likes to beauty all that is wrong so that our eyes are veiled from reality.

My sister you came here looking for answers and you now have your answer. The next step is your choice but know that there is no good or blessings in that which is not permissible.

Therefore cut off all relations with this man and turn to Allah and beg and cry for forgiveness and ask him for a good pious partner.

May Allah find you and all those looking for spouses good pious partners. Ameen

Lisa921
06-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Assalamu alaykum
This post by another user might be of interested to the original creater of this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...abu-elass.html
If nothing else convinces her and helps then maybe she can take strength from knowing that the daughter of our own beloved Prophet was submitted to this test from Allah and she (masha Allah) made the right decision with courage and conviction.
May Allah guide us. Ameen.

Lisa921
06-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Salaam alaykum
I have read fatwas on this issue that state that the scholars are unanimous in their agreement that its prohibit to marry a nonmuslim for a muslimah.
That must speak to the incredible challenge and difficulty to endure these relationships and retain your Muslim faith...
I would imagine it is like choosing the love of this dunya over the love of the akhirah and love of Allah. As muslimahs we need to remember that nothing surpasses love of Allah and that is our unique aim in this world which is different from the nonmuslim women. There is no comparison with nonmuslim women and so seeing them engaging in these jahilliyah behaviours should not tempt us to become like them as we have been given the greatest blessing and responsibility of them all and that is the message of Islam.
Take care of you sister and engage in more research of the female scholars of islam for inspiration
fi sabillilah

MuslimInshallah
06-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

The reason I bring men into the equation, is that I understand the role of men to be one of protecting women. Not just their own families, but all those who require help. I also feel the this question of marriage is vital to the survival of the Muslim community as a whole.

There are systemic reasons why Muslim women in my country are being pushed into seeking marriages with non-Muslims. I am not saying it is a good idea (I think it's not), but I am saying that merely telling women: no, you can't marry a non-Muslim. Just deal with it… is not enough. Just as it is not enough to tell minorities being discriminated against, that it is their own problem if they can't find a good job, or they have trouble accessing services.

Sure, we have our individual efforts to put in… but we need to address the root causes. And this is generally not being done, in my opinion.

nbegam made the point that Muslim men should not choose non-Muslim spouses if Muslim women are not going to be able to find spouses because of this. I think this is reasonable. However, I generally don't hear much discussion around this point.

It is not only families with a non-Muslim husband who tend to raise children who do not identify themselves as Muslim (only 23% identify as Muslims). Muslim men who marry non-Muslim women in my society will also probably raise children who will not identify as Muslims (only 40% will call themselves Muslims) Source: http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/0...marriage-bind/

Right now, there is a growing Muslim community in Canada, but this is largely through immigration. If you go to the masaajid (and I am involved with several), you will note that there are hardly any young second-generation people there. This is a very serious problem.

If you talk to the matchmaking services (run by ladies, incidentally. The only service set up by a man only operated long enough for him to pick out a spouse for himself), you can find out that there is a desperate attempt to try to find husbands for the young women in their twenties… forget the older women. Even the younger women have trouble.

Are there no Muslim men? Yes, there are many. But too many aren't marrying Muslim women. Or if they are, then too often, not seriously. For women who have reverted to Islam, women who have grown up here, or women whose husbands have died or divorced them… it is common to find abuses of these women. Why? Because they were used for immigration purposes, for money, or just plain lust. It is easy to get a quick Islamic marriage. Much harder to find a real husband.

And our children are suffering. Over 14% of Muslim families are headed by a single mother (representing about 10% of all Muslim children in Canada) Furthermore, Muslim single mothers find it harder than all minorities (except aboriginals) to find a good job, in spite of high education levels. And this impacts the children, too. Source: http://ccmw.com/canadian-muslim-wome...-2001-to-2011/

Given the realities I've mentioned, I think it is very reasonable that men should be exhorted to involve themselves in looking for solutions to the marriage crisis Muslim women are experiencing. Firstly, because men are supposed to be the protectors and maintainers of women (not just family, I would argue. All Muslim women who are vulnerable). Secondly, because men are an integral part of both the problem and the solution. And thirdly, because the likely survival of Islam in Canada is much greater if both the husband and wife are Muslim (99% of children of these unions at least identify as Muslim). This is not just a problem for single Muslim women. This is a problem for the whole Muslim community.

When desperate Muslim women talk of marrying non-Muslim men (and 40% of Canadian-born Muslim women have been)… what I have heard from men for too long is: this is haram, don't do it. And this is the end of the conversation.

(mildly) We need more than this.

May Allah, the Unique, Help us to work together and find equitable solutions.

noor grant
04-29-2017, 12:20 PM
SubhanAllah
Look at how judgemental our Ummah is. The sister only posted once in the forum and I would be surprised if she ever comes back.
Is that what we want in this forum?

Simple_Person
04-29-2017, 01:10 PM
As-salam alaikum,

nevermind, i though this was a new topic.

M.I.A.
04-29-2017, 01:18 PM
You know its a funny old world..

And its a small world.

The whole point of not marrying unbelievers is?

..well

You would not like to introduce a snake into the family.

Please get confirmation its a ladder first.

And thats the irony really, most people marry the family.

Save yourselves and your families from the fires of hell.

...badly paraphrased.

..and dont take unbelievers as protectors or allies.

Its like the flippin hunger games out here.

Anyway i know that makes little sense so i went eid one year and the imam said..

“If you want to know where you stand with Allah, look where Allah stands with you.”

Hope that helps.

But if he were muslim then things would be slightly different.. right?

noraina
04-29-2017, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noor grant
SubhanAllah
Look at how judgemental our Ummah is. The sister only posted once in the forum and I would be surprised if she ever comes back.
Is that what we want in this forum?
Wa alaykum assalam,

I read through this thread, I can't say anyone was particularly rude or 'judgemental'. Scholars are pretty much unanimous on the fact that a Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim man.

Of course, sometimes Muslims can be *very* judgemental about a lot of things but this thread is not an example of that.

The sister was given some sincere advice and I make dua that Allah swt gives her the strength to make the right decision.

AbdurRahman.
04-29-2017, 09:19 PM

sister, your best bet, tell him to convert to islam as thats the only way you can marry him; you will 'still not be allowed' to marry him because Allah says so really ... There are lots of wise reasons for this but lets just take it on trust for now

inshallah if hes a good person at heart than maybe he will see the truth of islam so tell him too look into islam good and proper; give him some time and after that if he says 'no', then it should be a no from you too!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!