/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to do tabliqh/dawah

asifwithu
06-08-2015, 01:59 PM
"Bismil Laa-hir.Rahmaa-nir-Raheem""Al-Hamdu Lillaahi Rabbil 'Aalameen was Salaatu was- Salaamu 'Alaa Sayidinaa Muhammadin wa Aalihi wa Asabihi Ajma 'een (tauheed- risalat- ahkirat and islam-iman-ihsan)

HOW TO DO TABLIQH/DAWAH

"O you who believe, save yourselves and your families from the Fire." (6/66)
3/104. And from amongst you there must be a community comprising the people who invite mankind towards piety, enjoin righteousness and forbid evil. And they are the successful people.

2/143- And, in the same way, (O Muslims,) We made you the best Umma (Community—fair to all with a tolerant, moderate and balanced outlook) so that you may bear witness to the people, and (Our exalted) Messenger (blessings and peace be upon him) bears witness to you…..

"Convey what you have received from me, even if it is a verse."(Bukhari)

Da'wah in Arabic means to invite. External da'wah is to invite non-Muslims to Islam .Internal da'wah is to teach Muslims about different aspects of deen (tauheed- risalat-ahkirat and islam-iman-ihsan)

Da'wah is a fard kifiya (an obligation that rests upon the community, not the individual). If there are individuals within a community inviting people to da'wah, then others within the community are relieved of the obligation. A person who performs da'wah is known as a da'i.

Quranic principle of dawah for muslims is to call towards risalat(iman) and ahkirat(ihsan)
Quranic principle of dawah for non-muslims is to call towards tauheed and islam.

INTERNAL DAWAH(FOR MUSLIMS)
The intention of the da'i should be to please Allah Ta'ala and not for any other reason e.g. riya (showing off)

Dai should call muslims towards allah and his prophet (saws)( Quranic principle of dawah for muslims is to call towards risalat(iman) and ahkirat(ihsan)).

He should read the Qur'an and the Hadeeth with commentary. (familiar with the teachings of total deen (tauheed- risalat- ahkirat and islam-iman-ihsan)

Should correct misconceptions. Should provide literature.Convey the message of deen (don’t have the intention to debate/embarrass/insult the opposite person)

friendly and easily approachable (so that the person is not afraid to ask questions) .The da'i should not be afraid to say, 'I don't know, but I will find out for you.'

Da'i can perform da'wah as an individual or can join a group that performs da'wah. It is not recommended to join the type of group(s) who accuse Muslims of being non-Muslims.

There are no fixed times /days or places for da'wah. If a da'i recognises a need for da'wah in a place where none is being performed at all and makes hijrah to that place with the intention of performing da'wah.

dai should not neglect his personal duties and obligations.It is not correct to leave your relatives and go elsewhere to perform da'wah, as our family has a right to benefit from our da'wah.

EXTERNAL DAWAH (FOR NON MUSLIMS)
Familiar with the basic teachings of deen (tauheed and islam) and with comparative religious studies (other religions)

patience(sabr), politeness(soft heart), constant(regular), wisdom(hikmat), generous ,hospitable –key for good dawah ( it is only Allah Ta'ala who has the power to change the hearts of people).

should have the intention to convey the message of deen not the intention to debate/embarrass/insult the mad'u. Sometimes a da'i can win the debate but lose the mad'u. should correct misconceptions.

The da'i should be friendly and easily approachable so that the mad'u feels at ease around him/her and not afraid to ask questions. The da'i should not be afraid to say, 'I don't know, but I will find out for you.'

When the da'i contacts the mad'u, (One who is invited), he should keep up the contact.
The da'i should also be able to recognise the abilities and qualities of the mad'u. Praise of their abilities and qualities will soften the mad'u's heart and make them readier to listen.
The da'i should provide literature to the mad'u according to their interests.If the mad'u becomes a Muslim, it is the responsibility of the da'i to teach him/her the basic teachings of Islam and to bring them into contact with other Muslims.

There are no fixed times /days or places for da'wah. If a da'i recognises a need for da'wah in a place where none is being performed at all and makes hijrah to that place with the intention of performing da'wah.

dai should not neglect his personal duties and obligations.It is not correct to leave your relatives and go elsewhere to perform da'wah, as our family has a right to benefit from our da'wah.

When I want to talk to allah I say prayers and when I want that he talk to me I recite quran- Hazrath Ali(ra)
Make sure you forward this to others .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!