/* */

PDA

View Full Version : excessive daydreaming

SaraMukhtar12
06-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Guys I have an issue that sounds strange but I tend to daydream excessively. Is there a way to convince me to stick with reality in an islamic way or an advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
06-08-2015, 02:48 PM
:sl:

What do you mean by excessively?

I mean I day dream a lot, sometimes help visualise things. You can day dream about the Akhirah, Jannah etc and it may motivate you to do good. Or day dream about different scenerios, opportunities etc. It can help you be creative and find things out about yourself.

But if day dreaming is affecting your life for example missing prayers, doing it while in important meetings/school classes or isolation from family. Then it would be a problem.

If you think it is occupying your life, then I would recommend to:

- Keep your self busy
- Get enough sleep
- Take breaks
- Keep hydrated
- Motivate yourself
- Take shower or cup of coffee

greenhill
06-08-2015, 03:37 PM
I have always been a daydreamer. My early teens was a nightmare because I couldn't fit in the 'real' world. Easier also to just escape into dreamland. I knew in the long run, it will do me no good. My thoughts would be fantasy, my effort is just in the mind, and the outcome? Nothing! Whilst people were learning I was in another realm. (it didn't help that I was asthmatic.

My mid teens I made a vow that I wanted to learn, and as I also got fitter, to play (or at least attempt) whatever sports I was asked to play.

I still daydream... I daydream a lot but I steer it towards a direction that would explore the best and worst case scenarios.

Get busy. Lazing around is a sure fire way to dwell in daydreams..

:peace:

ardianto
06-08-2015, 05:56 PM
I always have dreams, and I always try to make my dreams come true. That's why, rather than daydream become a prince in fairy tale kingdom I prefer to dream about what I want to reach, and then I try to reach it. Yes, everything that I have reached now was started from my dreams. Like my activity in IB forum now, which started from my dream to build a friendship with people from other countries.

Have a dream, and try to make your dream come true. It will prevent you fall into excessive daydream which you prefer to live in the dreamland.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
06-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Sara,

(smile) Have you considered talking with a doctor about this? There might be physiologic reasons for your daydreaming. Daydreaming is a normal activity, and may be very healthy for you. But it can also be a symptom of something underlying that needs understanding and perhaps treating.

You know, I had to take a medicine about 10 years ago, and when I stopped taking it (and I had to cut down very slowly), I found myself invaded with daydreams. There were very intense, and seemed almost like another reality. But as my body recovered, the daydreams calmed down to more usual kinds.

When we want to deal with something in the most effective way, it is helpful to try to understand what is causing it. I don't know what might be the cause of your daydreams, but a chat with a doctor or two might be useful.

(smile) I hope this helps.

May Allah, the Gentle, Wrap you in His Care.

Hamza Asadullah
06-11-2015, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaraMukhtar12
Guys I have an issue that sounds strange but I tend to daydream excessively. Is there a way to convince me to stick with reality in an islamic way or an advice.
:sl:

If you consume caffeine then eradicate it. Sleep well and drink more water and try to be active. Recite the Qur'an as much and contemplate and ponder more over the meanings.

When you notice your mind drifting to forbidden thoughts and fantasizing then recite "Audhubillahi Minashaythanirajeem" and "La Hawla Wala Quwatha Illah billahil Aliyyil Adheem". Recite four Quls and Ayatul Kursi morning and evening.

And Allah knows best in all matters

ardianto
06-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Having a hobby can help you turn the daydream into something positive, creative, innovative. In example, if you like making handicraft, then rather than imagine yourself as princess in the fairy tale kingdom, you would prefer to imagine the design of handicraft that you can make from materials that available around you. Then you will really make this handicraft.

When you have familiar with imagine something that you can do in your hobby, then you will start to imagine what you can do in other matters too, such as in job, build a family, etc. In Shaa Allah, it will help you to leave excessive daydream habit.

Actually your excessive daydream habit happen because you don't have a plan for something that you can do. So you prefer to go to the dreamland.

ardianto
06-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Daydreaming is fun, indeed, because in daydream when can become anyone, such as superhero. But unfortunately there are people who 'over-enjoy' this activity. Of course it gives negative impact such as make them being lazy because they prefer to daydream than work. The habit of daydream excessively also make someone easy to run to 'dreamland' when he/she face difficulty in life, rather than tries to do something to overcome this difficulty.

But we cannot leave the daydreaming habit because our brains are designed to imagine something. This is why I didn't give advice to leave daydreaming, but change daydream into something positive.

obakkich
05-31-2017, 11:17 PM
I see this message a bit late now (2 years later;) , but the symptoms described here are very similar to what is called Maladaptive daydreaming (you can learn more about it on youtube etc, look especially for psychiatrist Eli Somer on youtube he describes this problem) unfortunately this is phenomenan is quite new in psychology/psychiatry which makes that till now there are no medical or other convential methods of cure from it. May the power of the quran be a cure for all who suffer from this threatening disturbance. Ameen.

AbdurRahman.
06-07-2017, 09:55 PM
why dont you daydream about what it's going to be like in jannah and jahannum???; like that you'll be doing a bit of Islamic 'fikr' too! :Emoji51:

azc
06-08-2017, 07:00 PM
It's good for us to avoid day dreaming

Zeal
06-09-2017, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaraMukhtar12
In suratul asr we know that we're in loss excpt if we do a few things. So rather than daydreaming think about islamic things maybe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!