/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A date with hhugs host: A hhugs iftar this ramadhan

hhugs2013
06-11-2015, 10:46 AM
"Whoever feeds a fasting person will have a reward like that of the fasting person, without any reduction in his reward." (Tirmidhi)

Gathering with others to share an Iftar meal and feeling that unity is one of the great blessings of Ramadhan. This vision, however, can be a far cry from the distressing reality faced by HHUGS families, where the absence of a family member, lack of support and social isolation is felt this month, more acutely than ever.

Things do not have to be this way. By hosting a HHUGS Iftar, you can extend a hand of compassion to families facing dark times, with minimal effort and expense. Maximise the full reward of Ramadhan by the simple act of inviting your own guests for an Iftar meal and each making a donation towards the only charity of its kind.

If you want to make a difference but can’t donate much yourself, then A Date with HHUGS provides the perfect opportunity, combining the rewards of feeding a fasting person with that of sadaqah for this unique cause, from the comfort of your own home - a small action yet yielding great relief in the month where rewards are multiplied beyond measure.

“Whoever guides someone to virtue will be rewarded equivalent to him who practices that good action.” [Bukhari]

Tips to Organise Your Date With HHUGS:

• Choose a date and time.

• Invite your friends at least five days ahead, giving plenty of notice.

• Consider charging a small entry fee for the Iftar.

• Go on our website to get all the information you need about our work.

• Select some videos from our Youtube to play at your event.

• Invite someone to speak about the virtues of Sadaqah in Ramadhan, or prepare the reminder yourself.

• Contact us for a fundraising script (covering the virtues of sadaqah, testimonials, case studies) and merchandise to sell at your gathering – choose from mugs, badges, key rings, t-shirts, postcards, bookmarks!

• Aim for each attendee to set up a standing order– be it £2, £5, £10 or £20 a month, every penny counts! – or to order a penny box from HHUGS.

• Ask a local restaurant to sponsor or donate food, or make it a one-dish party so guests to share in the reward!

• Encourage your guests to make a pledge and fulfil it by organising their own Iftar or sponsored activities.

• Don’t forget to tell everyone to tune into Ramadan TV (Ramadan.tv), on Sunday 21st June and Saturday 4th July 8.30pm-12.30am, 2-3am for our TV Appeal.

• Take plenty of pictures, and share them on social media with the hashtag #ADateWithHHUGS to inspire others to join the party!

• Don’t have time in Ramadhan? Then you can still catch the reward by making the intention to hold an Iftar gathering during the six sunnah fasts of Shawwal!

Promote Your Iftar on Social Media

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
06-11-2015, 11:26 AM
What does HHUGS stand for? I think I read something similar last year around this time of year.. from you?

Just a share of thought.. just occurred to me regarding your last paragraph about having no time... how can we genuinely claim to have no time for something so special? ^o)

:peace:

sister herb
06-11-2015, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
What does HHUGS stand for? I think I read something similar last year around this time of year.. from you?

Just a share of thought.. just occurred to me regarding your last paragraph about having no time... how can we genuinely claim to have no time for something so special? ^o)

:peace:

I think he wants to sell dates here. So this is commercial post?

:D Can´t poor muslims them free?

BeTheChange
06-11-2015, 12:59 PM
HHUGS stands for Helping Households Under Great Stress.

Helping Households Under Great Stress (HHUGS) is a UK registered charity that exists to provide financial, emotional, and practical support and advice to Muslim households impacted by counter-terrorism, national security and extremism-related laws, policies and procedures, in the UK and abroad.

You can read more by visiting: - http://www.hhugs.org.uk/about-us

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!