Originally Posted by فرحان
I would recommend the following timetable which you can adapt to suit your situation and circumstances:
1. Awaken for Suhoor by reciting the Dua for awakening from sleep and make Miswak
- Make Wudu and pray 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Wudu each time after Wudu today or if already awake then prepare for Suhoor and include an odd number of dates.
- Eat Suhoor
Ensure you leave enough time after eating Suhoor to pray Tahajjud and make sincere Dua before Fajr begins as Dua during this time is readily accepted
- Pray 2 x 2 Rakah Tahajjud
- 20 minutes before Fajr begins make sincere Dua begging Allah for forgiveness and asking of him of whatever you like and thanking him for his favours as this is the best time to make Dua which is readily accepted at this time.
2. Prepare for Fajr prayer - Make Wudu - Pray Tahiyyatul Wudu - Use Miswak
- Pray 2 Sunnah
- Pray Fajr - with congregation for men - Walk to the Masjid for reward of every step - Read 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Masjid before sitting in the Masjid
To leave so that you get to the Masjid for the Adhan or at least enough time to pray 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Masjid upon arrival at the Masjid. Also for men to wear best clothing and Ittar to the Masjid
- After Fajr remain seated and worship by making dhikr and reciting the Qur'an until Sunrise and pray 2 x 2 Rakah Salaatul Ishraaq OR sleep and awaken by praying 2 x 2 Rakah Salaatul Duha
3. Go to work or complete daily tasks and chores
If working then skip to point 5 otherwise continue:
The trick is to complete your daily tasks and chores EARLY so that you can concentrate on worship for the whole day and evening.
If you have kids then you will need to adapt your worship so that you are also resting and worshipping after you have tended to your kids or when they are resting.
- 06:00 - 09:00 - Complete daily tasks and chores
Complete daily tasks including doing preparing of Iftaar food as this will ensure valuable time is saved after Asr which is the time of worship and Dua. Alternatively prepare food for the week on a Sunday and freeze.
- 09:00 - 10:00 - Read a book or listen to lecture on an Islamic topic
- 10:00 - 11:00 - Rest or do Dhikr/contemplate and ponder over the creations of Allah and the favours he has done for us.
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Recite one Juz (chapter) of Qur'an before Dhuhur
- 12:00 - 12:30 - Make Dhikr and Dua
4. Prepare for Dhuhur prayer - Make Wudu - Pray Tahiyyatul Wudu - Use Miswak
- Pray 4 Sunnah before the Fard and 2 Sunnah and 2 Nawafil after the Fard
- Pray Dhuhur - with congregation for men - Walk to the Masjid for reward of every step - Read 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Masjid before sitting in the Masjid
- After Dhuhur spend from 14:00 - 15:00 memorising any Surah from the Qur'an
- 15:00 - 15:30 - Rest
- 15:30 - 16:30 - Reading or listening to a lecture regarding Islamic knowledge like Tafseer of the Qur'an or Seerah or any other Islamic topic.
- 16:30 - 17:00 - Rest
5. 17:00 - 18:00 - Read one Juz (chapter) of the Qur'an or if back from work then rest for 30 minutes.
- 18:00 - 18:30 - Dhikr and Dua
- Prepare for Asr prayer - Make Wudu - Pray Tahiyyatul Wudu - Use Miswak
- Pray 4 Sunnah before the Fard
- Pray Asr - with congregation for men - Walk to the Masjid for reward of every step - Read 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Masjid before sitting in the Masjid
6. After Asr prayer devote the time to reciting the Qur'an and reading Tafseer (Meanings of the verses) for a minimum of one hour
- 20 minutes before Maghrib begins make sincere Dua begging Allah for forgiveness and asking of him of whatever you like and thanking him for his favours as this is the best time to make Dua which is readily accepted at this time.
- Eat Iftaar - begin with an odd number of dates
DO NOT OVEREAT AS THIS WILL HAVE A DETRIMENTAL EFFECT ON WORSHIP
- Prepare for Maghrib prayer - Make Wudu - Pray Tahiyyatul Wudu - Use Miswak
- Pray Maghrib - Walk to the Masjid for reward of every step - Read 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Masjid before sitting in the Masjid
- Pray 2 Sunnah and minimum of 2 Nawaful after the Fard prayer
The time between Iftaar and Maghrib Jamaat (congregation) is very short so have a few dates with fruit then pray Maghrib and eat properly afterwards. Even if not praying at the Masjid then pray first and eat properly afterwards.
7. Make Wudu or have a bath and prepare for Isha prayer
Ensure you prepare for Isha + Taraweeh before hand by readying clothes etc as the time between Iftaar and Taraweeh is very short.
- Pray 4 Sunnah before the Fard and 2 Sunnah and 2 Nawafil after the Fard and before Taraweeh begins
- Pray Isha - with congregation for men - Walk to the Masjid for reward of every step - Read 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Masjid before sitting in the Masjid
- Pray 3 Witr with congregation or after Taraweeh or one may delay it until just before Fajr begins
- After coming back from Isha + Taraweeh then either get straight to sleep or if will remain awaken until Suhoor in worship then go to point 8.
- Before sleep to recite Surah Mulk and Surah Sajdah and ensure you go to sleep with Wudu and Sunnah's of before sleep.
8. Recite a minimum one Juz of the Qur'an and also read some Tafseer for between 60 - 90 minutes.
Repeat the points again for each day
- Make Dhikr/contemplation for 30 minutes and then prepare and eat Suhoor.
Daily Worship target list:
- Recite minimum 1 Juz (Chapter) a day
- Read one page of Islamic knowledge
- Read one page of Tafseer of the Qur'an
- Learn one Ayah (verse) of the Quran
- Pray the 12 Rakah Sunnah daily (2 Rakah Fajr, 4+2 Rakah Dhuhur, 2 Rakah Maghrib, 2 Rakah Isha)
- Pray minimum 10 Rakah Nawafil daily (2 Rakah Nawafil Tahajjud, 2 Rakah Salaatul Duha, 2 Rakah Nawafil of Dhuhur, 2 Rakah Nawafil of Maghrib, 2 Rakah Nawafil of Isha) Also 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Wudu after each Wudu and 2 Rakah Tahiyyatul Masjid whenever entering Masjid before sitting down)
- 500 Dhikr daily minimum out of the following:
1. Subhaanallah - Glory be to Allah
2. Alhamdulillah - All praise be to Allah
3. Allahu Akbar - Allah is the greatest
4. Laa ilaaha illallah - There is no worthy of worship except Allah
5. La hawla wa la quwatta illah billah-Hil aliyyil adheem - There is no power or might except with Allah
6. Asthaghfirullah-halladhee Laa ilaaha illa-huwal Hayyul Qayyuumu Wa athoobu Ilay -
‘I ask forgiveness from Allah the One whom there is no deity worthy of worship except He, the Ever-Living and Sustainer and I repent to Him’ three times, Allah would forgive his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
Or the shorter version:
Asthaghfirullah - I seek Allah's forgiveness
7. Sub-Haan'Allahi Wa bi-ham'dihi Sub-haan'Allah-IL Adheem -
Glory be to Allah and Praise Him, Glory be to Allah, The Supreme, and Praise Him
Or shorter version:
Sub-Haan'Allahi Wa bi-ham'dihi - Glory be to Allah and Praise Him
8. Subhāna-llāhi, wa-l-hamdu li-llāhi, wa lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa-llāhu akbar. Wa lā hawla wa lā quwwata illā bi-llāhi-l-aliyyi-l-azīm -
Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest
9. Lā ilāha illā-llāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu lahu-l-mulku wa lahu-l-ḥamdu yuhyi wa yumītu wa huwa ḥayyu-llā yamūtu abadan abada, ḏū-l-jalāli wa-l-ikrām, biyadihi-l-khayr, wa huwa alā kulli Shay-in qadīr -
(There is) none worthy of worship except Allah. He is only One. (There is) no partners for Him. For Him (is) the Kingdom. And for Him (is) the Praise. He gives life and acuses death. And He (is) Alive. He will not die, never, ever. Possessor of Majesty and Reverence. In His hand (is) the goodness. And He (is) the goodness. And He (is) on everything powerful.
Or the shorter version:
Laa ilaaha illal-laahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shay-in qadeer -
There is No God But Allah Alone, who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the raise, and He is Able to do all things
10. Astaghfirullah al-'Adheemal-ladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum wa atubu ilaih
(I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty, Whom there is none worthy except Him, the Living, The Eternal, and I repent unto Him)
11. Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta
(O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)
12. Recite the following abundantly especially during the last ten nights of Ramadan.
Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee -
'Say: O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.'
We should also send much salutations to our beloved Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), especially on Jummah. The best way of doing this is to recite much of Durood e Ibrahim which is what we recite during every Salaah just before we finish:
ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA SALLAITA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID. ALLAHUMMA BAARIK ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA BAARAKTA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID.
Oh Allah! Send blessings upon (Holy Prophet) Muhammad and upon the followers of (Holy Prophet) Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraheem and upon the followers of Ibraheem; indeed, You are praiseworthy and glorious. Oh Allah! Bless (Holy Prophet) Muhammad and the follower of (Holy Prophet) Muhammad as You blessed Ibraheem and the follower of Ibraheem; indeed, You are praise worthy and glorious.
Or the shortest Durood is:
Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim - Blessings of Allah be upon him and peace