/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Converting to islam in next 6 hours !

The Zulfiqar
06-12-2015, 09:26 PM
so finally today after 6 hours i am going to Accept Allah as my God. i am a Hindu Brahmin but i lost my Faith in this Religion Because of too many reasons like having 33,00,00,000+ Gods and too many stories etc etc.

i was a Anti-Islamic person for 14 years of my life (i am 17 now).i use to make funny jokes on Muslims and Allah too. but now look at me ! i am going to Accept one of the True Religion as my Path to God :)

Thank you Internet for Informing about ISLAM and teaching me true values of life and our beloved Prophets.

i have some questions for you :
1) Are there things i should memorize?
2) can i use Zulfiqar as my Name ?
3) can i pray in English ?
4) any special Advice ?

and yeah, i am going to keep it Private for COUPLE of YEARS (you know hindu )
so that's it. have a Great Day Sirs and Ma'ms May God/Allah Bless you :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Asalamualykum

That's great news!!!! Welcome to Islam and welcome to this board. Am happy you have accepted Islam as the true religion.

If you believe there is only One God who should be worshipped, and no one/nothing else has that right but Him, and you believe Muhammad, peace be upon him, was a messenger who brought the same message as all the prophets before him, then you are basically a Muslim.

To become a Muslim, simply declare the following:

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasuluh.

I testify there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, and I testify Muhammad is His slave and messenger.

It's that easy.

As a Muslim one of the compulsory pillars of Islam is performing prayers 5 times a day so in sha Allah (God-willing), you will need to learn the prayer in Arabic. If you are making a personal supplication (dua) to Allah, you can speak in English but the 5 daily prayers MUST be recited in Arabic only.

Please visit this link which explains the importance of prayer and how we pray as Muslims >> http://kalamullah.com/new-muslims.html.

Zulfiqar is a Muslim name Alhamdulilah (All praise is to Allah), so yes you can change your name to Zulfiqar, if you wish.

It my be difficult at first because there's lots of new information but concentrate on one goal at a time. I would advise you to learn the full Arabic prayer first so you can start praying your 5 prayers a day and then in sha Allah you can focus on another goal.

Ramadan is soon approaching am not sure what your intention is but maybe, you can make friends with people who are already Muslim (if you have no Muslim friends), then that way it would be easy for you to pick up good Muslim habits?

Please bookmark the above site it's very good. Feel free to download the books for free or even listen to audio lectures.

If you need anything else, we're here to advise you further in sha Allah.

May Allah swt open the doors of knowledge for you and help your family understand your choice with ease Ameen.

The Zulfiqar
06-12-2015, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum

That's great news!!!! Welcome to Islam and welcome to this board. Am happy you have accepted Islam as the true religion.

If you believe there is only One God who should be worshipped, and no one/nothing else has that right but Him, and you believe Muhammad, peace be upon him, was a messenger who brought the same message as all the prophets before him, then you are basically a Muslim.

To become a Muslim, simply declare the following:

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasuluh.

I testify there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, and I testify Muhammad is His slave and messenger.

It's that easy.

As a Muslim one of the compulsory pillars of Islam is performing prayers 5 times a day so in sha Allah (God-willing), you will need to learn the prayer in Arabic. If you are making a personal supplication (dua) to Allah, you can speak in English but the 5 daily prayers MUST be recited in Arabic only.

Please visit this link which explains the importance of prayer and how we pray as Muslims >>

Zulfiqar is a Muslim name Alhamdulilah (All praise is to Allah), so yes you can change your name to Zulfiqar, if you wish.

It my be difficult at first because there's lots of new information but concentrate on one goal at a time. I would advise you to learn the full Arabic prayer first so you can start praying your 5 prayers a day and then in sha Allah you can focus on another goal.

Ramadan is soon approaching am not sure what your intention is but maybe, you can make friends with people who are already Muslim (if you have no Muslim friends), then that way it would be easy for you to pick up good Muslim habits?

Please bookmark the above site it's very good. Feel free to download the books for free or even listen to audio lectures.

If you need anything else, we're here to advise you further in sha Allah.

May Allah swt open the doors of knowledge for you and help your family understand your choice with ease Ameen.

thank you miss :) i am more happy n excited than you can ever imagine :D
and thank you again for helping me :)
i have one question if i want to become a sunni i CANNOT use Zulfiqar as my name ?

The Zulfiqar
06-12-2015, 10:19 PM
and yes i have one muslim friend Aeziz/Aziz but he is a shia Muslim and i want to become a Sunni Muslim imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
06-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Welcome brother :)
I'm so happy for you to accept Allah as your lord.
Please keep all your updates here, as I may help.

Abz2000
06-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Allahu Akbar!!!

Assalamu'alaikum wr wb brother,
U put a smile on my face before i go to sleep :)
May Allah make it easy for you to follow His beautiful way, grant patience, steadfastness and wisdom through tests, and help you to keep a good opinion of Him when things get difficult.

Humble piece of advice, never assume you'll be perfect though you must try, and remember to keep returning to Him and repenting when u mess up (everyone does sometimes - makes us humble and acknowledge His perfection).

Peace.

Lady A
06-12-2015, 11:48 PM
So exciting! I'm so happy for you!! May Allah make your journey easy, Ameen.

I hope someone knowledgeable replies to your question about choosing Zulfikar as your name. I don't know the meaning of the name and cannot answer.

Scimitar
06-13-2015, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Zulfiqar
so finally today after 6 hours i am going to Accept Allah as my God. i am a Hindu Brahmin but i lost my Faith in this Religion Because of too many reasons like having 33,00,00,000+ Gods and too many stories etc etc.

i was a Anti-Islamic person for 14 years of my life (i am 17 now).i use to make funny jokes on Muslims and Allah too. but now look at me ! i am going to Accept one of the True Religion as my Path to God :)
God is Great !

Thank you Internet for Informing about ISLAM and teaching me true values of life and our beloved Prophets.

i have some questions for you :
1) Are there things i should memorize?
Yes. But hey, it takes years - what is important is that you are going to educate yourself, at a pace which is manageable, ok?

2) can i use Zulfiqar as my Name ?
I don't see why not - though strictly speaking, you don't really have to change your name at all.

3) can i pray in English ?
The salaat (You say Namaz in India) can only be done with the verses of the Quran, so they must be memorised - but there are surahs which are very short and they are easy to memorise - Allah hasn't made it difficult - you don't hear people complain that they couldn't memorise :) imagine that :) Allahu Akbar.

4) any special Advice ?
What brother Abz2000 said was perfect.

and yeah, i am going to keep it Private for COUPLE of YEARS (you know hindu )
so that's it. have a Great Day Sirs and Ma'ms May God/Allah Bless you :)
And may HE bless you too young man :)

Scimi

Lisa921
06-13-2015, 12:47 AM
Assalamu alaykum
Congratulations for your conversion!
You can start praying by reading your prayer from a paper that has the words written in English-Arabic (the transliteration of the Arabic which is Arabic written in English letters so that you can say it ) I would recommend learning the Arabic script at your local masjid so you insha allah you can read Quran which has sooooo many benefits to you!
Like pp mentioned there is a lot of memorize but you have years so take your time and go slow and careful.
Masalama

The Zulfiqar
06-13-2015, 03:27 AM
My Brothers and Sisters, I am a Muslim now !:statisfie

The Zulfiqar
06-13-2015, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by slaveofallah12
Welcome brother :)
I'm so happy for you to accept Allah as your lord.
Please keep all your updates here, as I may help.
Thank you Brother :p
now i am ONE OF YOU :D

The Zulfiqar
06-13-2015, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Allahu Akbar!!!

Assalamu'alaikum wr wb brother,
U put a smile on my face before i go to sleep :)
1)May Allah make it easy for you to follow His beautiful way, grant patience, steadfastness and wisdom through tests, and help you to keep a good opinion of Him when things get difficult.

2)Humble piece of advice, never assume you'll be perfect though you must try, and remember to keep returning to Him and repenting when u mess up (everyone does sometimes - makes us humble and acknowledge His perfection).

Peace.
Thank you Brother !

1) now i am following him :D

2)yeah i have to stop smoking now. it's hard for me but i am sure i can stop my bad habits and i will be a Good Muslim.:)

The Zulfiqar
06-13-2015, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A
So exciting! I'm so happy for you!! May Allah make your journey easy, Ameen.

I hope someone knowledgeable replies to your question about choosing Zulfikar as your name. I don't know the meaning of the name and cannot answer.
well, first thank you sister for Replying here :)

and most of people (60%) told me that i can use Zulfiqar as my Name because it's an Islamic Name :)

The Zulfiqar
06-13-2015, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
God is Great !

Yep he is :)
Yes. But hey, it takes years - what is important is that you are going to educate yourself, at a pace which is manageable, ok?

I don't see why not - though strictly speaking, you don't really have to change your name at all.
i know but Zulfiqar name suits me my hindu name is just..... but Zulfiqar name fills me with Energy and courage, it makes me hungry for Sucess and Power :)

The salaat (You say Namaz in India) can only be done with the verses of the Quran, so they must be memorised - but there are surahs which are very short and they are easy to memorise - Allah hasn't made it difficult - you don't hear people complain that they couldn't memorise :) imagine that :) Allahu Akbar.
yep, i am going to try Praying today ! i am both Happy and Scared.

What brother Abz2000 said was perfect.

And may HE bless you too young man :)

Scimi
now i am HIS follower !

The Zulfiqar
06-13-2015, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa921
Assalamu alaykum
Congratulations for your conversion!
You can start praying by reading your prayer from a paper that has the words written in English-Arabic (the transliteration of the Arabic which is Arabic written in English letters so that you can say it ) I would recommend learning the Arabic script at your local masjid so you insha allah you can read Quran which has sooooo many benefits to you!
Like pp mentioned there is a lot of memorize but you have years so take your time and go slow and careful.
Masalama
Thank you for your Kind words MIss/Sister :)
and i am going to follow your Advice now :)

-Indian Muslim

Signor
06-13-2015, 05:21 AM
:sl:

if i want to become a sunni i CANNOT use Zulfiqar as my name ?
Man!The feeling if you hear someone has accepted Islam is immense.:)

Zulfiqar is the name of the sword of Ali ibn Abi Talib(R.A),cousin and son-in-law of the Prophet Muhammad(SAWWS). Irrespective of Sunni-Shia disageement on various matters,this name will be respected always.

yes i have one muslim friend Aeziz/Aziz but he is a shia Muslim and i want to become a Sunni Muslim
As mentioned earlier,this is Sunni Shahada:

Shia Muslims,particularly twelvers (Ithnā'ashariyyah),uses an altered one which ends with phrase.

wa ʿalīyyun walīyyu-llāh

and Ali is the wali ("friend", "viceregent") of God".

Rest remains the same.

This article also provides a brief summary of the background between the two sects.

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-an...ml#post1582333

I believe,our position should be the same on which above thread ends

We should be cautious about saying that all Shi'a are kuffaar. You can find some fatwas online where scholars divide the Shi'a according to what their beliefs are, because not all of them are the same. There are those about whom it is certain that they negate the principles of Islam, and those who do not negate any principles of Islam but are mistaken in some aspects. So that is why we should leave this discussion to those who know and not get involved in case we say something that is incorrect and earn Allaah's :swt: displeasure.
Please don not hesitate to question,no matter how silly they sounds.:)

You can always send me a PM for anything you feel too shy to ask in public.

Muslim Woman
06-13-2015, 08:08 AM

Br. Welcome to Islam . May Allah bless you always . U are a sinless person now . So , pl. make dua for the Ummah .

Scimitar
06-13-2015, 01:08 PM
*brohug - welcome to Islam brother Zulfiqar :)

Scimi

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Welcome to Islam brother, may Allah guide your soul in the right path :-)

The Zulfiqar
06-15-2015, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by slaveofallah12
Welcome to Islam brother, may Allah guide your soul in the right path :-)
thank you sooo Much for PM Sir/Brother :) are u American sir ? i heard that Americans are Islamophobic(?). is that true ? and yeah, i will try my best to remember words of Namaz :statisfie

The Zulfiqar
06-15-2015, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
*brohug - welcome to Islam brother Zulfiqar :)

Scimi
Thank you Brother :D

The Zulfiqar
06-15-2015, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Br. Welcome to Islam . May Allah bless you always . U are a sinless person now . So , pl. make dua for the Ummah .
Yep i will and thank you for welcoming me :)

Scimitar
06-15-2015, 02:57 PM
i use to make funny jokes on Muslims and Allah too. but now look at me ! i am going to Accept one of the True Religion as my Path to God :)
Assalaam alaikum brother Zulfiqar :)

I'm curious and we all love revert stories - what is yours? what made you want to become a Muslim?

Scimi

Aaqib
06-15-2015, 03:08 PM
thank you sooo Much for PM Sir/Brother :) are u American sir ? i heard that Americans are Islamophobic(?). is that true ? and yeah, i will try my best to remember words of Namaz :statisfie
I'm American, yes, but definitely not Islamaphobic (I'm Muslim). I don't think the big population of Americans are Islamaphobic.

BTW the PM I sent you about resuming IB Quran Memorization Classes will be quite a help to you brother, I recommend you sign up for it ;-)

Shukran!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!