/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Love and loving back (and other things read and please share)

The-Deist
06-13-2015, 12:02 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh bothers and sister.

I hope all of you are well and in the best of Iman in shaa Allah.

This is mostly about Allah subhaanahu wa taala. Fearing him and respecting his authority subhaanahu wa taala yet recognising "the soft side". The loving Allah subhaanahu wa taala.

Most you have heard the statement "Allah subhaanahu wa taala loves you 70 times or more than your mother".

Now usually a mothers love is decribed as unconditional love.

She gives you food that she could have ate.

She gives you from what she has leaving her with less.

and more

Now imagine 70 times that or more.

Ibrahim alaihi salam said in the Quran that Allah subhaanahu wa taala revealed in Surah Ash Shuara (The poets)

26:77 Indeed, they are enemies to me, except the Lord of the worlds,

26:78 Who created me, and He [it is who] guides me.

26:79 And it is He who feeds me and gives me drink.

26:80 And when I am ill, it is He who cures me

26:81 And who will cause me to die and then bring me to life

26:82 And who I aspire that He will forgive me my sin on the Day of Recompense."

You see that it is indeed Allah subhaanahu wa taala allows all of this rizq to come to you.

And you see the word "aspire" is used.

So Ibrahim alaihi salam is HOPING.

Wanting (looks so by the way of vocabulary).

Angel Jibrail (as) told Rasulullah :saw: the following incident about a man in the past who worshipped Allah Ta’ala continuously for 500 years. He was granted a shelter on top of a mountain that was surrounded by salty water. However, Allah caused a stream of sweet water to flow through the mountain for that individual. The man would drink from this water and use it to make ablution. Allah Ta’ala also raised a pomegranate tree from which the man would eat one fruit every day.

One day, this person supplicated to Allah that, “Oh Allah, bring my death while I am in the state of prostration.” Allah accepted this dua of his. Whenever Jibrail (as) came down to Earth, he found this man prostrating to Allah. Jibrail (as) said that on the day of Judgement, Allah will tell the angels to take this individual to Paradise through His mercy. However, this man will insist that he should enter paradise through the good deeds that he had performed.

Then, Allah will tell the angels to compare his good deeds with the blessings that were given to him in the world. It will be seen that 500 years of his worship does not even equal to the gift of eye sight that was given to him by Allah. The angels will be asked to take him towards the hell fire. Then the man will plead, “Oh Allah! Enter me into Paradise only through Your mercy.” At that point, the following discussion will take place between Allah and that man.

Allah: Oh my servant, who created you?

The worshipper: Oh Allah, You have created me.

Allah: Were you created because of the good deeds you have done or because of My mercy?

The worshipper: Because of Your mercy.

Allah: Who granted you the ability to worship for 500 years?

The worshipper: Oh the Almighty! You have granted me that ability.

Allah: Who placed you on the mountain surrounded by the ocean? Who caused a stream of sweet water to flow in between the salty water? Who caused a pomegranate tree to grow for you? Who granted you death while in the state of prostration?

The worshipper: Oh the Sustainer of the Worlds! You have done all of these.

Then Allah will say, “All these have happened due to My mercy and you too will enter Paradise only through My Mercy.”

Source: Obtained from the book “Tambihul Ghafileen” by Shaikh Abul Laith Samarkandi.
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

None amongst you can get. into Paradise by virtue of his deeds alone. They said: Allah's Messenger, not even you? Thereupon he said: Not even I, but that Allah should wrap me in His Grace and Mercy.

وَحَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ حَاتِمٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو عَبَّادٍ، يَحْيَى بْنُ عَبَّادٍ حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ أَبِي عُبَيْدٍ، مَوْلَى عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ عَوْفٍ عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ لَنْ يُدْخِلَ أَحَدًا مِنْكُمْ عَمَلُهُ الْجَنَّةَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا وَلاَ أَنْتَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَلاَ أَنَا إِلاَّ أَنْ يَتَغَمَّدَنِيَ اللَّهُ مِنْهُ بِفَضْلٍ وَرَحْمَةٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih Muslim 2816 f
In-book reference : Book 52, Hadith 69
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 39, Hadith 6764
(deprecated numbering scheme)

So even Rasulullah sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam a great Prophet and messanger isen't like confident about him entering jannah or being forgiven (again looks like that form the vocabulary/context Allahu Alam)

And he was promised that his past present (not sure about present if not then please corrct me I will edit it in shaa Allah) and future sins were forgiven.

Guaranteed

Yet here we are commiting sins like they are flies.

Ittaqullah brothers and sisters in Islam.

When the only promise we have is:

The Messenger of Allah said,
“Allah has obligated five prayers. Whoever excellently performs their ablutions, prays them in their proper times, completes their bows, prostrations and khushu, has a promise from Allah that He will forgive him. And whoever does not do that has no promise from Allah. He may either forgive him or punish him.”

So brothers and sisters (in Islam).

Cling on to your salat.

May Allah subhaanahu wa taala guide us all.

And Allow us to reach Jannatul Firdaus without no adhaab.

And May Allah subhaanahu wa taala be pleased with all of us.

And May All of us love what he subhaanahu wa taala loves.

And may we only do what is pleasing to him subhaanahu wa taala.

And hate and forbid what he subhaanahu wa taala doesn't like.

Aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!