/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My voice is pretty much gone... what can I do to get it back?

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 12:55 PM
So I lost my voice, I don't really know why tho (not because I recite the Quran loudly)
So... how can I get my voice back by Next Thursday? Ramadan is starting then and I want my voice back by then..
May Allah swa bless you :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
06-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Go see a Doctor?

Pray you get your voice back..:amin:

:peace:

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Go see a Doctor?

Pray you get your voice back..:amin:

:peace:
I don't know brother, I've looked through the internet and I've seen these links that give other options:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2115312AAX92S3
https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/questio...5175248AAHaxNL
http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/i-lost-my-voice-now-what

But I'd certainly go to the doctor if my voice is not good by Ramadan InshaAllah! Shukran Brother!

MuslimInshallah
06-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Assalaamu alaikum SOA,

Mmm… losing your voice could be different things… but if you're generally in good health, it's probably just a passing virus that's irritated your vocal cords (unless you've been shouting a lot at sports games…!). You could try drinking some honey in warm water, and just resting your voice (whispering strains your voice more, incidentally), and it should be fine within a week (often within 2-3 days). If it persists, or there are other symptoms… then I'd see a doctor.

For a little info (to help you evaluate what you should do), I'd suggest this link: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20021565 This is a reputable source of medical information designed for the general public.

May Allah, the Immutable, Heal us if this is what is best for us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
06-13-2015, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum SOA,

Mmm… losing your voice could be different things… but if you're generally in good health, it's probably just a passing virus that's irritated your vocal cords (unless you've been shouting a lot at sports games…!). You could try drinking some honey in warm water, and just resting your voice (whispering strains your voice more, incidentally), and it should be fine within a week (often within 2-3 days). If it persists, or there are other symptoms… then I'd see a doctor.

For a little info (to help you evaluate what you should do), I'd suggest this link: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20021565 This is a reputable source of medical information designed for the general public.

May Allah, the Immutable, Heal us if this is what is best for us.
What about praying? Do I skip praying?

Lady A
06-13-2015, 08:43 PM
I remember quite a few Ramadhans that I've lost my voice, mostly due to fried food. Keeping fast and not being able to drink plenty of water all I could do was be patient. When I finally did get it back, I sounded so hoarse for a few weeks :hmm:

Drink liquids to soothe your throat. Honey and warm water. There might even be a tea in the market for a sore throat. Keep patient, May Allah recover your voice soon, Ameen.

MuslimInshallah
06-13-2015, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by slaveofallah12
What about praying? Do I skip praying?

(puzzled) Why would you need to skip praying? You don't have to say the prayers out loud. Just move your lips.

sister herb
06-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Salam alaykum

These home meds are 100% halal.

Drink hot chamomile tea with honey. Chamomile is anticeptic herb.

Also:

Green tea is known to have many properties that can help keep you in tip-top health – and therefore better prepared to ward off cold and flu bugs. The jury is out on how many cups of tea are optimal, but 2-3 per day are often recommended. If you do come down with cold or flu symptoms (or feel them coming on), consider 3-4 cups of green tea per day to expedite ridding your body of those nasty bugs and give your body’s defenses an extra jolt.

Ginger’s health benefits have long been touted. Steep several slices of fresh ginger root in hot water and sip for an extra health boost or to soothe a cough or scratchy throat.

Honey is known to bolster the immune system. A daily dose of honey can help you to feel energetic and stay healthy. It also has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties; if you do develop a sore or scratchy throat, honey will soothe and help heal. Use it in your tea, coffee, plain hot water or by itself. You can even gargle with honey (and lemon) in salt water when the mixture is at room temperature. (Do not give honey to children under 1 year of age.)

Lemons are loaded with vitamin C, which is known to support the body’s natural defenses. Lemon (and lime) juice is reported todecrease the strength of the cold and flu virus in the body and reduce phlegm. Add lemon juice to your tea or make hot or cold lemonade with honey to stay well, build resistance to cold and flu, and speed up healing if you do succumb.

Garlic contains the immune-boosting compound allicin, also know to relieve cold and flu symptoms. Chop or crush 1-2 gloves of fresh garlic and “steep” them in hot water; then, drink it like a tea. This may also help others keep their distance from you (unless they’re attracted to the smell of garlic), preventing further spread of the virus.

Peppermint tea is laced with nutrients that help the body fight off illness. It also can act as an expectorant, helping the body to cough up mucous.

Salt water in homemadesaline nasal sprays, nasal washes, and gargles has long been used effectively to soothe sore throats, and keep respiratory passages moist, decongested and free of invading pathogens. If you do get a sore throat, gargle with half a teaspoon of salt mixed with 1 cup of warm water, four times per day. For nasal washing, use a neti pot or bulb syringe with a quarter teaspoon salt in 1 cup of warm water. Tip head to one side over sink or basin and gently introduce solution to higher nostril. Allow solution to drain from the other nostril. Repeat procedure by then tipping head to opposite side.

Note: Although many use warm tap water in their neti pots, distilled, sterile, or previously boiled water is recommended for purity/safety. Be sure to clean and dry the neti pot after each use to prevent the introduction of harmful bacteria into the nasal passages/sinuses.

Steam can help to relieve stuffiness and congestion. Boil a pot of water on the stove and then slowly breathe in the steam. Be careful as steam can cause burns. If the steam makes your nasal passages burn, pull your head back slightly and breathe in more slowly.

The truth is many of the old standard home remedies, when used regularly and properly, can be your body’s best – and least expensive – defense against colds and the flu, also helping to minimize their impact if they do take hold.

Source: http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/donna-c...-home-remedies

Also, check if you have fever. Then take a rest.

sister herb
06-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Cut onion in half, place them beside of your bed for night. It helps breathe when your nose is blocked.

greenhill
06-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Didn't know that! Thot it just made you cry! ;D

sister herb
06-14-2015, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Didn't know that! Thot it just made you cry! ;D
The synthase enzyme converts the sulfoxides (amino acids) of the onion into sulfenic acid. The unstable sulfenic acid rearranges itself into syn-ropanethial-S-oxide. Syn-propanethial-S-oxide gets into the air and comes in contact with our eyes. The lachrymal glands become irritated and produces the tears!

But... lacrimal duct from eyes goes to your nose. Your tears when you sleep open your nose.

As the cook I have chopped so many onions than you ever. ;D I know some tips how to chop chop chop them without tears too but its out of topic.

sister herb
06-14-2015, 06:07 PM
The most effective herbs and spices against flu and cold:

Bay leaf (anti-bacterial and anti-fungal)

Parsley is loaded with vitamins and minerals, and can act as a stomach soother.

Sage is also anti-bacterial and anti-viral. Fresh sage is best but dried sage is usefull too.

Celery, too, has a long history of medicinal use.

Other spices which also help boost your immune system are cinnamon, nutmeg, rosemary and cloves.

Thyme contains high amounts of volatile oils that are highly antimicrobial and help to fight infection. It is especially helpful for respiratory infections, coughs & sore throats.

Remember also chamomile and peppermint.

And in general; take a rest, remember to keep yourself warm and drink a lot (warm and hot drinks).

Chai tea: Several of the spices in chai may help a sore throat heal. For example, cinnamon, cloves and ginger are rich in essential oils that many have antimicrobial properties. They also support good circulation, which encourages quicker healing. Nutmeg and cardamom may relieve irritation by helping to keep your throat moist. Star anise contains an ingredient used in the antiviral medication Tamiflu. And, even without the addition of spices, black tea is a soothing beverage high in antioxidants that promote good health.

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 11:35 PM
Alhamdullilah my voice is back!!! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!