PDA

View Full Version : Resume Quran Memorization Classes, please take this under consideration



Aaqib
06-13-2015, 12:14 PM
It seems that the last time there were discussions for Quran Memorization were 2009. I'd like to start these up again.

BOARDS
Juz Amma
Juz Tabarak
Free-Choice (sub forum: Surah Rahman, Surah Baqarah, Surah Yasin, and Surah Kahf)
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
06-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Salam Brothers and Sisters!

So, I do not know if any of you have noticed the Quran Memorization board here: http://www.islamicboard.com/qur-an-memorization/
All classes here have been inactive ever since 2009, with no instructor.

My idea is to get these classes back up. But with new boards:

1. Juz Amma
2. Juz Tabaraka
3. Free-choice (You can choose any surah to memorize, and an instructor will help you)

Knowing that Ramadan is right around the corner, I thought of getting this back up.
But the thing is... We need people interested in this, as last time we try bringing this back up, barely anyone was interested.

So if you are interested, please say so. If you would like to be an instructor, PM me. Thank you.
INSTRUCTORS

  • SlaveofAllah12

STUDENTS
  • Lisa921
  • ​BeTheChange
  • ​Hope4Peace
Reply

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 07:01 PM
bumpbump
Reply

farhan
06-13-2015, 07:09 PM
:sl:

I know a brother who is a Qur'an teacher with unique saudis style recitation Masha Allah. He has expressed interest in teaching Qur'an, :ia: he will be here soon. I think if I remember correctly he can handle 3-4 people at a time.

:jz: for ideas.

What do you think of making the whole "Qur'an Memorization" into one section and moving all sections there? Would make it easier for people, everything in one place.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Aaqib
06-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
:sl:

I know a brother who is a Qur'an teacher with unique saudis style recitation Masha Allah. He has expressed interest in teaching Qur'an, :ia: he will be here soon. I think if I remember correctly he can handle 3-4 people at a time.

:jz: for ideas.

What do you think of making the whole "Qur'an Memorization" into one section and moving all sections there? Would make it easier for people, everything in one place.
Wow, that's amazing! MashaAllah on him.
And yes, I like your idea. I'm in support of it.
Reply

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Btw is it possible if you sticky this?
Reply

farhan
06-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by slaveofallah12
Btw is it possible if you sticky this?
I can move it to Qur'an section if you like? That way it will have more visibility, as general section tends to have lot of threads.
Reply

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
I can move it to Qur'an section if you like? That way it will have more visibility, as general section tends to have lot of threads.
IbnAdam suggested it to be in General
Reply

Layth
06-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Personally, I am focused on tajweed for now. I have recently done a ten week course, but need more help. I was hoping to make time for another course, but this thread is making me wonder if I could try that somehow online?
Reply

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Layth
Personally, I am focused on tajweed for now. I have recently done a ten week course, but need more help. I was hoping to make time for another course, but this thread is making me wonder if I could try that somehow online?
I'm only on basic tajweed, so I do not know how to help with that. Maybe someone else probably can...
Reply

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 10:37 PM
I seriously do want to get these Quran Memorization Classes back up tho =/
Reply

Aaqib
06-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Bumping
Reply

Lisa921
06-14-2015, 01:13 AM
I would be interested in being a student
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Lisa921
I would be interested in being a student
You've been added!
Shukran sister!
Reply

Muslim Woman
06-14-2015, 02:57 AM
:sl:


i. think it's better if u take brothers only as students.

Sisters may learn from muslimah. May Allah reward u for ur efforts.
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:


i. think it's better if u take brothers only as students.

Sisters may learn from muslimah. May Allah reward u for ur efforts.
Alright then sister, I don't know if Lisa would like to still be in the classes. But I'll not contact any more sisters for this. Shukran
Reply

farhan
06-14-2015, 03:16 PM
The Qur'an teacher/Instructor has replied alhamdulilah :). Should be all ready within a week.
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
The Qur'an teacher/Instructor has replied alhamdulilah :). Should be all ready within a week.
Can he teach Tajweed?
We could make a Tajweed Board possibly...
Reply

BeTheChange
06-14-2015, 05:10 PM
Asalamualykum,

I'll be very much interested in both tajweed and learning Surats off by hear in sha Allah.

I would like to focus on Surat Kahf first.

Am not sure how this is going to work but we will need a Muslim sister qualified, and a Muslim brother qualified so we can maintain segregation and Hayaa?

Jazahka Allah.
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum,

I'll be very much interested in both tajweed and learning Surats off by hear in sha Allah.

I would like to focus on Surat Kahf first.

Am not sure how this is going to work but we will need a Muslim sister qualified, and a Muslim brother qualified so we can maintain segregation and Hayaa?

Jazahka Allah.
I don't know which Muslim Female Instructor could be here. If not we might as well go with a male instructor. Or is that not good?
Anyways Shukran brother, I've added you to our students one.
Reply

farhan
06-14-2015, 06:12 PM
The male instructor can teach brothers face to face on Skype, as well as assignments and progress on thread. And sisters can do assignments and progress on thread.

Like this one: http://www.islamicboard.com/group-2-...h-naziaat.html

:ia: we can get female teacher for the sisters in future, if this gets popular.

Best of all it's all free :) Alhamdulilah.
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
The male instructor can teach brothers face to face on Skype, as well as assignments and progress on thread. And sisters can do assignments and progress on thread.

Like this one: http://www.islamicboard.com/group-2-...h-naziaat.html

:ia: we can get female teacher for the sisters in future, if this gets popular.

Best of all it's all free :) Alhamdulilah.
That's what I'm planning on :-)
I have a good feeling we're going to successfully get this up.
InshaAllah, we can get a female teacher :)
Reply

BeTheChange
06-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Okay so ramadan starts Wednesday/Thursday next week here in the UK so do we start memorising then or shall we get a head start?

I'd be happy to start early and perhaps we can continue the thread after ramadan as well so we keep progressing and learning surats off by heart?
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Okay so ramadan starts Wednesday/Thursday next week here in the UK so do we start memorising then or shall we get a head start?

I'd be happy to start early and perhaps we can continue the thread after ramadan as well so we keep progressing and learning surats off by heart?
I think the plan is to start with how many people we got at the start of Ramadan.
Plus we already got the 3 - 5 people we need so we're good. We might keep this for other brothers/sisters to see.
Reply

hope4peace
06-14-2015, 10:29 PM
i would like to participate in this great act of gaining knowledge inshallah. i would like to be a student:)
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by hope4peace
i would like to participate in this great act of gaining knowledge inshallah. i would like to be a student:)
Congratulations!
Shukran for participating here!!
Reply

Lisa921
06-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Assalamu alaykum
I would like to focus on Surah Rahman or surah kahf. I will choose the one of these two has the most participants so as to make things easier on the instructor.
I am wondering how the quran memorization classes work since I was not participating in the last one.
Do we get assignments on the forum to complete on our own and then sign in that we did them?
Just not sure how it works on a forum...:hmm:
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Lisa921
Assalamu alaykum
I would like to focus on Surah Rahman or surah kahf. I will choose the one of these two has the most participants so as to make things easier on the instructor.
I am wondering how the quran memorization classes work since I was not participating in the last one.
Do we get assignments on the forum to complete on our own and then sign in that we did them?
Just not sure how it works on a forum...:hmm:
Yes, that's how it went with the Quran Memorization Classes at 2009. I don't want to remove the method of the classes.
Reply

Aaqib
06-14-2015, 11:37 PM
I believe BeTheChange is working on Surah Al-Kahf as well...
Reply

Aaqib
06-15-2015, 12:39 AM
I've post the boards in the "thread starter post"
Reply

BeTheChange
06-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Asalamualykum,

So am i correct in thinking this is how it works:-

Each member is given a section of the surat to learn and we are also given a deadline to learn our allocated Ayat.

Am going to give it my best shot (as i have family responsibilities as well), but what happens if we fail to meet the deadline? (In sha Allah, this won't be the case).

Are we given an extended time to memorise?

If anyone is unsure which surat to learn, i would personally recommend Surat Kahf as the surat protects you from dajaal so this surat should be a priority in sha Allah.

Jazahka Allah.
Reply

Aaqib
06-15-2015, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum,

So am i correct in thinking this is how it works:-

Each member is given a section of the surat to learn and we are also given a deadline to learn our allocated Ayat.

Am going to give it my best shot (as i have family responsibilities as well), but what happens if we fail to meet the deadline? (In sha Allah, this won't be the case).

Are we given an extended time to memorise?

If anyone is unsure which surat to learn, i would personally recommend Surat Kahf as the surat protects you from dajaal so this surat should be a priority in sha Allah.

Jazahka Allah.
Hm...
I think, if two or more members are learning the same part of the surah, they'll be given the same assignment.
It happens, people will fail. Life is really busy for us. But you might be behind if you fail tho, so that's what might happen.
So I'm assuming we've got two people on Surah Kahf?
Reply

BeTheChange
06-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Okay not a problem, we can always catch up in sha Allah.

Sis Lisa, hasn't expressed her intention yet on which surat she's going to learn.

If sis Lisa, accepts then yes, 2 members for Surat Kahf in sha Allah.
Reply

BeTheChange
06-15-2015, 12:38 PM
Sorry, where do we find the free choice sub section?

I've had a look under Quraan heading and then clicked on Quran Memorisation but can't find the sub-heading of free choice there..?

Jazahka Allah.
Reply

farhan
06-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Sorry, where do we find the free choice sub section?

I've had a look under Quraan heading and then clicked on Quran Memorisation but can't find the sub-heading of free choice there..?

Jazahka Allah.
Staff are thinking about what to do with the organisation of Quran memorization section at the moment. We'll let you know if we have any updates :ia:.
Reply

Aaqib
06-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
Staff are thinking about what to do with the organisation of Quran memorization section at the moment. We'll let you know if we have any updates :ia:.
Are they going with my plan or...?
Reply

farhan
06-15-2015, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by slaveofallah12
Are they going with my plan or...?
Is your plan? 3 sections:

1. Juz Amma
2. Juz Tabaraka
3. Free-choice

Yes we will take it under consideration :ia:. Depends on many factors.
Reply

Aaqib
06-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
Is your plan? 3 sections:

1. Juz Amma
2. Juz Tabaraka
3. Free-choice

Yes we will take it under consideration :ia:. Depends on many factors.
For Free choice, there will also be a SubForum: Surah Baqarah, Surah Yasin, Surah Rahman, and Surah Kahf.
Reply

Aaqib
06-17-2015, 01:21 PM
last bump
Reply

BeTheChange
06-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Asalamualykum,

Ramadan Mubarak everyone!

Have Admin decided the format? If so, please let me know where i can find the classes?

Jazahka Allah.
Reply

AabiruSabeel
06-18-2015, 12:18 PM
:wasalam:

^ We are waiting for a Qur'an teacher to join. The classes will be posted here :ia:: http://www.islamicboard.com/qur-an-memorization/
Reply

Aaqib
06-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by ibṉĀdam
:wasalam:

^ We are waiting for a Qur'an teacher to join. The classes will be posted here :ia:: http://www.islamicboard.com/qur-an-memorization/
Alright brother, shukran!
Reply

BeTheChange
06-19-2015, 08:04 PM
In sha Allah, we'll hear soon.
Reply

Aaqib
06-22-2015, 05:10 PM
Probably a bump for now knowing that there's 19 members on rn
Reply

Aaqib
06-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Last bump
Reply

BeTheChange
06-24-2015, 11:31 PM
Asalamualykum,

I think it's best to start memorising indiviually in sha Allah.

We'll have a head start and if & when the teacher arrives, the teacher can help in sha Allah.
Reply

farhan
06-25-2015, 12:12 AM
Yes I agree with above. Now is best time to start memorization, also it's Ramadhan so extra good deeds :). Once we have section and the teacher sorted then we can start posting on forum.
Reply

Aaqib
06-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by فرحان
Yes I agree with above. Now is best time to start memorization, also it's Ramadhan so extra good deeds :). Once we have section and the teacher sorted then we can start posting on forum.
Great!
Reply

زهراء
08-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Aaqib
Great!
Interested to know how memorisation is coming along?
Reply

Aaqib
08-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by زهراء
Interested to know how memorisation is coming along?
Eh, didn't really get it too work sis.
Reply

زهراء
08-25-2016, 02:20 PM
What was the problem?

Do you memorise on your own?
Reply

زهراء
08-25-2016, 02:33 PM
The Hafidh's Journey[emoji181]

Memorising the Qur’an is not just about memorising the words of Allah `azza wa jall. No. It’s a lot more than that. By understanding the meanings and by making a sincere move to truly live these words, you’ll come to see that it’s actually a magnificent journey…

It’s a journey that takes you through paths you never thought you’d ever tread. A breath-taking trip that will throw you into a sea of knowledge, cast you under the shade of guidance, ascend you to lofty clouds, and bring you back to the harsh realities of life – but as a hakim (wise one). It will take you through paradigm shifts, open your eyes to the unseen and the unheard, it will challenge you, test your limits, break you down and then rebuild you from new.

It will teach you what patience really means, what endurance is, what reliance tastes like, where sincerity comes from, what it means to believe in yourself and most importantly, it will teach you that your success in life and this unpredictable path truly comes from Allah in accordance to who you are, who you want to be, and the level of your faith & driving force.

It is a journey designed so specifically for you, so unique to you. Don’t run lest you stumble, don’t dally lest you miss the signs, and don’t stop lest the gale winds throw you off.

Days and nights will never be the same again. You will struggle with yourself and others, you will feel pains that only Allah knows of, but the sweet taste in your mouth will never let you give up. There will be dashed hopes, failed attempts, and you might miss the train more than once, but the ignited flame of passion within you, will not let you be, so you carry on.You will be tested and taught your boundaries not as a punishment but as the greatest act of kindness you will ever witness: being shown that your barriers are just that; your barriers. And not Allah’s. He will truly show you your strengths and increase them for you, show you your weaknesses and help you overcome them. He will make sure that you witness all the battlefields known to the Son of Adam; you will battle forces from Shaytan, forces from your surroundings, forces from your emotions, and you will battle the greatest force to reckon with: your mind and soul. Allah will let you fight in these plains, but He will make sure that you not only win the battle, but that you win the entire war.

As you endure and develop grip on this path you will start to feel physically, mentally, and spiritually stronger. You breathe on a deeper level, you see further than you did before, your heart captures what it could not before, and it dawns on you that you are emerging as a completely different person. Your mind is alarmingly clearer, your knowledge more vast, and your ability to understand and comprehend is more than you thought. The blessings in your life don’t stop coming, you see the responses to your du’a, you feel the secure presence and serenity of Allah in your life, you are continuously being taught and continuously improving and the signs all seem to point in one direction: Go forward.

As you arrive in the end, you arrive as a musafir (traveller) arrives home, as a hero returns from the front line, as a beloved comes back home. You arrive with the greatest smile on your face, and a radiant glow in your heart. You look back and see that you’ve crossed over a realm and a world you didn’t know existed.As an enlightened believer you emerge walking with light upon a lighted path… Your name is the same, but you? No, you will never be the same. What just took place is a transformation like no other; promised to all who decide to take this route. Don’t leave this world without treading this glorious path. Don’t leave without memorising, learning, rather living this Qur’an.

Angels align with you as your brothers, and Allah is guiding you back to Him for rewards that no eye has seen, no ear has heard of and no heart of yours ever thought possible. Wa billahi tawfiq.

Source: Fajr Blog
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Wonderful article.
Reply

Serinity
08-25-2016, 06:35 PM
I miss the Quran. :( cuz of the continous waswass I've not read Quran. No excuse tho. I just hope Allah guides me back to how I felt.

Allahu alam.
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-25-2016, 06:37 PM
One of the characteristics most required by any person intending to do Hifz of the Qur'aan is Istiqaamah (perseverance; being steadfast). Hifz (and after Hifz, Muraaja`ah/Dor) is something that has to be done everyday. Every single day. Not just now and then. The Qur'aan is not something you memorise and, after having memorised it, you put it on a shelf and never look at it again. That can be done with textbooks of the mundane subjects of this Dunyaa, but not with the Qur'aan.

A Haafiz of the Qur'aan has to have Istiqaamah from day one. There will be days when you want to do Hifz, and there will be days when Shaytaan will cause you to become lazy; like during the holidays. There will be days when you are busy, yet you still have to make time to do Hifz that day.

A person wanting to do Hifz must ask Allaah Ta`aalaa to grant him this quality of Istiqaamah, because without it, he will not be able to succeed.

Hifz of the Qur'aan never ends. After having memorised all 30 Ajzaa'/Paras of the Qur'aan, the Haafiz spends the rest of his life doing Muraaja`ah/Dor (revision) of the Qur'aan. Every day of his life. Some Huffaaz do 10 Ajzaa'/Paras a day; some do 5. Some do only one a day (which is considered the minimum). To do Muraaja`ah/Dor of even One Juz/Paara everyday - regardless of the work you have to do or if you're feeling tired or lazy - requires a great amount of Istiqaamah.

Once a Haafiz has completed his Hifz of the Qur'aan, there is no "giving up". He cannot decide to not do Muraaja`ah/Dor of the Qur'aan anymore. That is Haraam and a sin. He HAS to do Muraaja`ah/Dor, whether he wants to or not. So Hifz requires a firm resolve and a great deal of Istiqaamah.

And it is one of the greatest Bounties of Allaah Ta`aalaa.
Reply

زهراء
08-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
I miss the Quran. :( cuz of the continous waswass I've not read Quran. No excuse tho. I just hope Allah guides me back to how I felt.

Allahu alam.
Brother, the Qur'aan didn't distance itself from you. You moved away. So hurry back to it, open it's pages and turn them with a heart full of love.
Recite aloud, you won't have any whisperings bothering you.

When you are angry, it will calm you down.
When you are sad, it will ease your pain and comfort you.
When you are happy, you will become overjoyed.
When you are at a loss, it will guide you.
When you need help, it will advise you.
When you enter the Hereafter, it will follow you!

I just love Qur'aan so so much!
Reply

Serinity
08-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by زهراء
Brother, the Qur'aan didn't distance itself from you. You moved away. So hurry back to it, open it's pages and turn them with a heart full of love.
Recite aloud, you won't have any whisperings bothering you.

When you are angry, it will calm you down.
When you are sad, it will ease your pain and comfort you.
When you are happy, you will become overjoyed.
When you are at a loss, it will guide you.
When you need help, it will advise you.
When you enter the Hereafter, it will follow you!

I just love Qur'aan so so much!
I know. Idk why I have this fear of reading Quran. I know it is 100% word of Allah. This waswass about shirk has had me come here.

But I will try, and start again, it guided me before, it gave me light before, surely Allah :swt: will grant me light/guidance again!
Reply

زهراء
08-25-2016, 06:58 PM
@Huzaifah ibn Adam.. That is so true. Leave it out one day and you will leave it out everyday. Sacrifice and persevere on that one day and you will want to do it everyday

Surely is a great نعمة.. Most-Merciful Allaah!
Reply

زهراء
08-25-2016, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
I know. Idk why I have this fear of reading Quran. I know it is 100% word of Allah. This waswass about shirk has had me come here.

But I will try, and start again, it guided me before, it gave me light before, surely Allah :swt: will grant me light/guidance again!
It's just the Shayateen in your way. Recite: أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
Make intention that your recitation is for the pleasure of Allah. Remember that the longer you take to build your relationship with Qur'aan, the more difficult it will become. It's Jumu'ah. No better day.

May Allah make it easy and let the Qur'aan fill our lives with its beauty. آمين
Reply

darkbro
08-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Interesting.

How's this gonna work? Why should there a teacher?

Or can someone/anyone give a skype link or anything? I feel more motivated if the one who accompany my memorization is another person, not myself.

My memorizations are fading away..
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-26-2016, 07:15 PM
An advice from the late Maulana Yunus Patel رحمة الله عليه (May Allaah Ta`aalaa enter him into Jannah and fill his Qabr with Noor):

----------------------

Prescription for Huffaaz
by Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb (rahmatullah alayh)
Hereunder is an easy prescription which I have given to many Huffaaz who found it to be a very simple way for daur :

  1. Before Fajr, read 3 rukus of Qur`aan Sharief. After Fajr, read the same 3 rukus. It will take + 5 minutes.
  2. Before and after Zuhr do the same 3 Rukus only. Then before and after Asar, Maghrib and Esha respectively, the same 3.
  3. In a day, you have done the same 3 rukus + 10 times, allowing for some days when you cannot manage before or after.
  4. Take the following 3 rukus the following day and repeat as above. In six days (average), you will complete a para. On Sunday, make dhor of that para, reading a few rukus each namaaz time.
  5. In a month you will do + 4 paras, and in 7 months revision of the complete Qur`aan Sharief without much effort.

Continue like this for the rest of life, Insha-Allah.
Reply

زهراء
08-29-2016, 09:50 AM
There's a Hifdh Global Community on Slack. Quite beneficial for those who are memorising and seek motivation and inspiration. There were discussions about forming a revision group on Skype. However, I'm not sure if that materialised. The group is run by Qari Mubashir Anwar of the UK.

See here to join or for more information:
http://howtomemorisethequran.com/

"The promise of ten" is also a wonderful read[emoji425]
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Are you currently doing Hifz, sister?
Reply

زهراء
08-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Are you currently doing Hifz, sister?
الحمد لله و الشكر لله
I've completed. Although it never actually ends. It's a life-long dedication. May Allah make us true Huffaadh and Haafidhaat آمين
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 10:40 AM
الحمد لله رب العالمين
Reply

darkbro
08-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by زهراء
There's a Hifdh Global Community on Slack. Quite beneficial for those who are memorising and seek motivation and inspiration. There were discussions about forming a revision group on Skype. However, I'm not sire if tjat materialised. The group is run by Qari Mubashir Anwar of the UK.

See here to join or for more information:
http://howtomemorisethequran.com/

"The promise of ten" is also a wonderful read[emoji425]
thanks sister
too bad Slack is an paid app
i wanna join :/
Reply

زهراء
08-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by darkbro
thanks sister
too bad Slack is an paid app
i wanna join :/
Paid? I don't pay at all. I downloaded it without any fee.
Reply

زهراء
08-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by darkbro
Interesting.

How's this gonna work? Why should there a teacher?

Or can someone/anyone give a skype link or anything? I feel more motivated if the one who accompany my memorization is another person, not myself.

My memorizations are fading away..
I replied to this the other day answering your question but I think that due to the maintenance in progress it did not appear.
Reply

darkbro
08-29-2016, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by زهراء
Paid? I don't pay at all. I downloaded it without any fee.
Originally Posted by زهراء
I replied to this the other day answering your question but I think that due to the maintenance in progress it did not appear.
Thank you so much..

Gonna try it
Reply

quranseeker
08-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Memorize Quran online with online Quran tutor,,,,,, here is the Skype ID " mukhtarkiani "
we also have female Quran tutors available for sisters.

Jazakallah khair.


Reply

noraina
08-29-2016, 04:19 PM
I would love to begin hifdh properly (I have been very on and off), but whilst by now I almost completely understand Arabic alhamdulillah my tajweed is really, really, really terrible. I recorded my own recitation and well listening to it was almost painful, so many mistakes.

Unfortunately there are no female teachers where I live. There's so much you can learn via the internet or videos, maybe it's because I find it so difficult anyway but online didn't work, inshaAllah hoping sometime in the future I'll be able to find a good teacher.

For now I'm focusing on Arabic grammar.
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Maashaa'Allaah.

Where are you studying Arabic from?

(Listening to Qiraa'ah of your favourite Qaari'/Imaam is also a good way to do Hifz.)
Reply

noraina
08-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Maashaa'Allaah.

Where are you studying Arabic from?

(Listening to Qiraa'ah of your favourite Qaari'/Imaam is also a good way to do Hifz.)
I have been using the Madina Arabic books, and around four online resources, to learn Arabic.

I wouldn't say self-study is easy, but when you have to then it's very possible. My progress in the first year was very slow, I nearly gave up several times, I have been studying Arabic for three years now and alhamdulillah the efforts paid off.

But it's a lifelong thing. Something which struck me is just how 'intense' (for lack of a better word) it is, it's an extremely meaningful language and each word, each root, has so many levels of meaning. Even an everyday greeting reads like poetry.
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Definitely. I suggest you study Tasheel-un-Nahw and Min Kunooz-is-Sarf as well, along with al-`Arabiyyah bayna Yadayk for some vocabulary, In Shaa Allaah.
Reply

زهراء
08-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Sister noraina, الحمد لله now that you have more knowledge in Arabic it will be much easier to do Hifdh Insha Allah.

When you know very little Arabic then your memorisation is based more on the strength of your memory.

When you understand, then you would know that to make a certain mistake makes no grammatical sense at all.
Example: Saying مؤمنون instead of مؤمنين etc.

I would always struggle with ayah 4 and 5 of Surah Nisaa, but last year when we learned the meaning, it was so easy to recite correctly due to knowing exactly what I was reciting about.

On the other hand, when you've already completed Hifdh then learning the translation of Qur'aan is also much more enjoyable-in my experience. It adds so much more meaning(no pun intended) to the portions you then recite.
Reply

darkbro
08-30-2016, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by quranseeker
Memorize Quran online with online Quran tutor,,,,,, here is the Skype ID " mukhtarkiani "
we also have female Quran tutors available for sisters.

Jazakallah khair.

thanks

is it yours?
Reply

noraina
08-30-2016, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by زهراء
Sister noraina, الحمد لله now that you have more knowledge in Arabic it will be much easier to do Hifdh Insha Allah.

When you know very little Arabic then your memorisation is based more on the strength of your memory.

When you understand, then you would know that to make a certain mistake makes no grammatical sense at all.
Example: Saying مؤمنون instead of مؤمنين etc.

I would always struggle with ayah 4 and 5 of Surah Nisaa, but last year when we learned the meaning, it was so easy to recite correctly due to knowing exactly what I was reciting about.

On the other hand, when you've already completed Hifdh then learning the translation of Qur'aan is also much more enjoyable-in my experience. It adds so much more meaning(no pun intended) to the portions you then recite.
Definitely, I found that when I learnt Arabic I could tell if I made a mistake when a certain sentance made no sense, alhamdulillah - this will improve once I perfect my Arabic grammar.

It's amazing that you have done hifdh ma'sha'Allah, it's always inspiring when you hear of others who have completed it.

InshaAllah I want to correct my actual tajweed then begin. Please keep me in your duas.
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-30-2016, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by noraina
Definitely, I found that when I learnt Arabic I could tell if I made a mistake when a certain sentance made no sense, alhamdulillah - this will improve once I perfect my Arabic grammar.

It's amazing that you have done hifdh ma'sha'Allah, it's always inspiring when you hear of others who have completed it.

InshaAllah I want to correct my actual tajweed then begin. Please keep me in your duas.
May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you the Tawfeeq to do Hifz of the Qur'aan, and may He make you a Jayyid (excellent) Haafizhah, Aameen.
Reply

noraina
08-30-2016, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you the Tawfeeq to do Hifz of the Qur'aan, and may He make you a Jayyid (excellent) Haafizhah, Aameen.
Allahumma ameen!

JazakAllah khayr, akhi.
Reply

زهراء
09-20-2016, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by darkbro
thanks sister
too bad Slack is an paid app
i wanna join :/
Did you manage to join, brother?
Reply

darkbro
09-21-2016, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by زهراء
Did you manage to join, brother?
Yeah. But "nobody" is there..
Reply

Little_Lion
09-21-2016, 01:23 AM
@noraina At Islamic Online University they have an excellent free course that might help with your tajweed. It is actually for people who have no understanding of Arabic at all so you may find parts of it redundant, but the parts on makhraj are excellent.
Reply

noraina
09-21-2016, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Little_Lion
@noraina At Islamic Online University they have an excellent free course that might help with your tajweed. It is actually for people who have no understanding of Arabic at all so you may find parts of it redundant, but the parts on makhraj are excellent.
I'll try it out inshaAllah :)

JazakAllah khayr sis
Reply

زهراء
09-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by darkbro
Yeah. But "nobody" is there..
It is pretty quiet nowadays! I assume that doesn't make me a 'nobody' though. Did you post in hifdh-buddies?
Reply

darkbro
09-21-2016, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by زهراء
It is pretty quiet nowadays! I assume that doesn't make me a 'nobody' though. Did you post in hifdh-buddies?
I waited and i lost hopes already [emoji23]

So beforehand it wasnt that silent?
Reply

farhan
09-22-2016, 01:03 AM
Anyone want to be my Juz Buddy?

Basically we have a set Juz every 2 weeks, eg. Juz 1 for me, Juz 2 for you. Then next 2 weeks we carry on. PM me if interested ;).
Reply

darkbro
09-22-2016, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by farhan
Anyone want to be my Juz Buddy?

Basically we have a set Juz every 2 weeks, eg. Juz 1 for me, Juz 2 for you. Then next 2 weeks we carry on. PM me if interested ;).
I am interested, count me in, but i havent understood
Reply

زهراء
09-22-2016, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by darkbro
I waited and i lost hopes already [emoji23]

So beforehand it wasnt that silent?
No.There would be many interesting discussions. I learned a lot about the different methods of memorising used in different parts of the world.

Lost hope already? The more sacrifice and patience, the more the reward. Perhaps you could try again.
Haajar عليها السلام ran SEVEN times before she found water.
Reply

darkbro
09-22-2016, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by زهراء
No.There would be many interesting discussions. I learned a lot about the different methods of memorising used in different parts of the world.

Lost hope already? The more sacrifice and patience, the more the reward. Perhaps you could try again.
Haajar عليها السلام ran SEVEN times before she found water.
Ahahah. Thanks. I mean, i always do it alone. I am a bit lonely so finding companions might do, but not necessarily needed.

I guess the qari created hifdh buddies because of me but well, as stated in quran,

And the Messenger will say, “My Lord, my people have abandoned this Quran.” (Al Furqan: 30)
Reply

MazharShafiq
09-22-2016, 06:15 AM
assalamu alekum ,entrusting topic started . Quran is the book of Allah Tala and writer better know about His written so Allah Tala said in His Quran that we made Quran memorizing easy . وَلَقَدۡ يَسَّرۡنَا الۡقُرۡاٰنَ لِلذِّكۡرِ فَهَلۡ مِنۡ مُّدَّكِرٍ .and because i am an online islamic teacher , i know that it is howmuch easy to memorize the Holy Quran . but for memorizing the Holy Quran evryone should get help from any authentic and experienced teacher by this way it will be quite easy .
a thousand of child whos age is 5 or 6 and young are reading the Holy Quran in madaris and online world wide .. if anyone cant go to madaris for Quran reading on the base of any reason ,can learn online easily
if anyone need help about online learning i can help him my skype learnquranweb1 whatsapp 00923338183884
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!