/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is clapping allowed in nasheeds?

simplymuslim
06-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Some nasheeds have clapping in them in the background. I was wondering if it is permissible to listen to them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
06-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Depends on why one's clapping really, women clap during prayer if the imam makes a mistake coz men are weird.
Men say subhanAllah.

If the intention is mainly to please the performer it can fall under flattery, and flattery is like attempting to destroy a person's humility and gratitude to the extent that they bloat til Allah is displeased with them.

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ahmad, Abu 'Awanah, and Ibn Hibban.*

Abu Bakr reported that a man was mentioned in the presence of the Prophet, saaws, and another praised the man.
The Prophet, saaws, said, "Woe to you, for you have broken your friend's neck!"
The Prophet saaws repeated this several times and then said, "If any of you simply must praise another, let him/her say, 'I think the person is this way or that...' if you genuinely think the person to be that way. The Final Reckoner is Allah, and no one can tell Allah anything about anyone."*

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #337, Bayhaqi, and similar version by Ibn Majah.

Aslam reported that he heard 'Umar say, "Praise is slaughter." One of the narrators added, "That is, if you accept it."*

Hadith Bukhari's Book of Manners #340, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and Abu 'Awanah.

*"The Prophet of Allah, saaws, ordered us to throw dust in the faces of those who flatter."*

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #341

and Ibn Hibban*'Ata ibn Abi Rabah reported that when a man praised another in the presence of Ibn 'Umar, Ibn 'Umar began tossing dust in the direction of his face, saying, :
"The Prophet of Allah, saaws, said, 'If ever you encounter those who flatter, throw dust in their faces.' "*

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #762 and Bayhaqi

*'Adi ibn Artah said, "If ever one of the Companions of the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, was praised, he would say, 'O Allah, do not take me to task for what they say and forgive me for what they do not know about."

Ironically, most of the audience whistle and clap and swing their heads around like the people of the ignorance period.

Their prayer at the House (of Allah. is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands:
(Its only answer can be), "Taste ye the chastisement because ye blasphemed/commited kufr."
Quran 8:35
However, if the clap is a signal to the rest of the audience that you are in agreement with the speaker or believe they require encouragement/morale............then Allah knows best.

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #338, Nasa'i, Tirmidhi, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim*

Abu Huraira, r.a., reported that the Prophet of Allah, saaws, said,
"What a fine man Abu Bakr is. What a fine man 'Umar is. What a fine man Abu 'Ubaydah is. What a fine man Usayd ibn Hudayr is. What a fine man Thabit ibn Hudayr is. What a fine man Mu'adh ibn 'Amr ibn al Jumuh is. What a fine man Mu'adh ibn Jabal is."
He said,
"What a foul man so and so is. What a foul man is so and so."*

here's a cautionary hadith regarding unnecessary eulogy though:

"When Abu Salamah died, I said, `He is a stranger in a strange land. I shall certainly cry over him a such a way that people will talk about it.' I prepared myself to cry over him, but a woman who was coming from the high places of Madinah to help me (in crying and wailing) was met the Messenger of Allah (PBUH).
He asked, `Do you want to let the*Shaytan*enter a house from which Allah (SWT) has expelled him twice?'
So I stopped crying, and I did not cry."
--------
If that's the situation of a dead man, what do you think of:

M.J: U bin hi' by, u bin struck by....
TEEN GIRL: OOOOoooooh Micheal - tears streaming down cheeks, screaming til she faints - i love you micheeeaaaaaaaal!!!!!!

Guns don't kill people - people kill people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!