/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me this hadeeth?

Aaqib
06-15-2015, 01:01 PM
So I was trying to tell a hater of Islam that Muhammed (PBUH) isn't a pedophile. Then, he brought up this hadeeth:
Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4914

He claimed that this hadith was about this: "Check the Hadith for why is it allowed for little girls to have dolls. It's because Ayesha was playing with dolls in the house of mohamed BEFORE SHE HAD REACHED PUBERTY. I'm sorry but if a 54 year old (mohamed) wants to have sex with a 9 year old girl (Ayesha), he WAS a pedophile."

I know for sure our prophet (PBUH) wasn't a pedophile. But I don't really understand this hadeeth, could a brother/sister please explain this to me? Shukran and may Allah bless you :-)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-15-2015, 04:10 PM
:sl:

there are many threads regarding marriages of the Last Prophet pbuh . Pl. browse those . Don't bother what western friend think . Our criteria is holy Quran . Almighty Allah knows better than the western people and rest of us .

Muslim Woman
06-15-2015, 04:22 PM

few related links :

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) married Aisha ® because he was a pedophile?

http://www.themodernreligion.com/pro...phet_aisha.htm

The Young Marriage of `Âishah(R)

http://theislampath.com/smf/index.ph...sg5343#msg5343

WOMEN IN ISLAM VERSUS WOMEN IN THE
JUDAEO-CHRISTIAN TRADITION:

THE MYTH
&
THE REALITY

BY
Dr. Sherif Abdel Azeem

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/w_islam/intro.htm

Muslim Woman
06-15-2015, 04:38 PM

The Young Marriage of `Âishah(R)

CONDENSED :

The Young Marriage of `Âishah (r)

1. Women in warmer environments reach puberty at a much earlier age than those in cold environments.

2. Marriage at the early years of puberty was acceptable in 7th century Arabia as it was the social norm in all Semitic cultures from the Israelites to the Arabs and all nations in between.

3. According to Hâ-Talmûd Hâ-Bavlî, which the Jews regard as their "oral Torah", Sanhedrin 76b clearly states that it is preferable that a woman be married when she has her first menses, and in Ketuvot 6a there are rules regarding sexual intercourse with girls who have not yet menstruated.

4. The missionaries try to accuse the Prophet of being a child molester, albeit in politically correct terms, due to the fact that `Âishah(R) was betrothed (zawaj) at the age of 6 years old and the marriage was consummated (nikâh) a few years after the marriage at 9 years old when she was in full puberty.

The lapse of time between the zawaj and nikâh of `Âishah(R) clearly shows that her parents were waiting for her to reach puberty before her marriage was consummated.

5. The Prophet's contemporaries (both enemies and friends) clearly accepted the Prophet's marriage to `Âishah(R) without any problem. We see the evidence for this by the lack of criticism against the marriage until modern times.

6. In Japan, people can legally have sex at age 13, and in Spain they can legally have sex at the age of 12 years old[9].

7. A 40-year-old man having sex with a 14-year-old woman may be a "pedophile" in the United States, but neither in China today, where the age of consent is 14, nor in the United States in the last century

8. In the U.S. during the last century, the age of consent was 10 years old. California was the first state to change the age of consent to 14, which it did in 1889

9. Aisha was one of three wives (the other two being Hafsah and Umm Salamah) who memorized the revelation.

10. Muslims honor and respect Aisha, as a transmitter of hadith (sayings of the Prophet). She is also regarded to be an authority for the interpretation of the Holy Qur’an.

10. So far as hadith or sayings of the Prophet are concerned, Aisha is one of the four persons (the others being Abu Hurayrah, Abdullah ibn Umar, and Anas ibn Malik) who transmitted more than two thousand sayings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Signor
06-15-2015, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by slaveofallah12
So I was trying to tell a hater of Islam that Muhammed (PBUH) isn't a pedophile. Then, he brought up this hadeeth:
Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4914

He claimed that this hadith was about this: "Check the Hadith for why is it allowed for little girls to have dolls. It's because Ayesha was playing with dolls in the house of mohamed BEFORE SHE HAD REACHED PUBERTY. I'm sorry but if a 54 year old (mohamed) wants to have sex with a 9 year old girl (Ayesha), he WAS a pedophile."

I know for sure our prophet (PBUH) wasn't a pedophile. But I don't really understand this hadeeth, could a brother/sister please explain this to me? Shukran and may Allah bless you :-)

Check the links in this post Insha Allah.

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1542401

And do not forget to pray for well being of Brother Muhammad in both lives who made things so easy for people like us.

Aaqib
06-15-2015, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor

Check the links in this post Insha Allah.

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1542401

And do not forget to pray for well being of Brother Muhammad in both lives who made things so easy for people like us.
Indeed brother, I was always scrolling the "Who's Online" list and saw you reading about the prophets (PBUH) marriage with Aisha.

The Prophet (PBUH) loves us, and we love him too :-)

crimsontide06
06-16-2015, 03:42 AM
One issue that people have a hard time with is separating what a 9 year old looks like(body,height..etc) & behaves now vs. how a 9 year old was 1400 years ago....

Some people do not care about puberty,mental maturity..etc; to them 9 is still a kid.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!