/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Writing to Allah in a diary

whosebob
06-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Writing to God is great. When I’m feeling down I always go to a letter where I was feeling better. It reminds me that not every day is the same. When bad things happen, it’s always nice to remember the good things in my life especially my family. It also gives me hope that one day I’ll be fine in heaven.

I’ve written to God about very serious topics and also light hearted ones. He loves you and is waiting to listen.

I’ve actually started using the computer recently, it’s nice but it can’t beat a book because you using your own writing to keep in contact with God. I’ve also collected a few kids drawing from my niece and nephew which I’ve added to my book.

I think in Islam, Judaism and Christianity one has a book that will be with God on the Day of Judgment. On that day it would be nice to say to God that we thought about it and started writing our own book in life for him to read since we were too impatient to see Him So try thinking of good topics that you both will enjoy.

It's also nice to write during Ramaldaan mashallah.

Anyway, I hope that I have helped you in some way. Start writing…you will be surprised to see what you’ve forgotten.

Take care.
Peace and blessings be upon you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lady A
07-18-2015, 08:16 PM
This is a great idea! I've actually started a Diary to Allah earlier 2015, but I'm not regular with it imsad. I type way faster than I write so I've looked into options such as blogs, twitter, and even forums. I haven't found one I'm quite comfortable with yet.

*dusts off Diary...begins on a fresh page...*

whosebob
07-22-2015, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A
This is a great idea! I've actually started a Diary to Allah earlier 2015, but I'm not regular with it imsad. I type way faster than I write so I've looked into options such as blogs, twitter, and even forums. I haven't found one I'm quite comfortable with yet.

*dusts off Diary...begins on a fresh page...*
Mashallah, Lady A. Please keep with this form of Ibaadah. It's a very good form of Ibaadhah mashallah.

Salaam.

whosebob
11-01-2016, 09:47 AM
A diary will also be nice to have you when you go on Haj. This way you can talk to Allah for hours and remember your life inshallah. Sometimes we forget the good moments in life. With a diary you will always remember inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
11-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Writing for your own purpose is fine and can help when you are feeling down. As far as talking to God is concerned, know that Allah is talking to us through the Quran and we are talking to Him through our salahs :)

whosebob
01-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Another point that is nice is having your diary with you on HAJ. You will be able to talk to Allah for hours. Sometimes we forget the good things in life that happened to us. With A diary you will always remember inshallah.

whosebob
01-01-2017, 03:33 PM
When you make salah and talk to Allah use you diary to record your thoughts at the time to remind youself why you sought Allah advice in the first place.

azc
01-01-2017, 03:48 PM
I never imagined of it....

YahyaAE
01-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Nice idea.

whosebob
02-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Encourage children to start in a diary to Allah inshallah. I've done so for my sister's children mashallah. The reason why I give this advice is because when they get older they can read their entries when they were just children mashallah. It's also sweet to read what they saying to Allah evens though it is suppose to be a secret :) It is amazing how they communicate with Allah mashallah.

M.I.A.
02-09-2017, 07:20 PM
well, sometimes i think if id known what was in store for me i wouldnt have started a family or anything..

i know people who have aged and accomplished very little, they have stood where i stand.

so i dont look forward to it.

honestly id tell you the world was your oyster and you would probably tell me my wage was written..

its a strange day.

im sure its as close to any prayer im as likely to write.

everybody wants better or more..

nobody is content with those that offer worse and less.

do not be misguided..

i actually cared.

didnt think id have to write it down for god to know that.

azc
02-09-2017, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
Encourage children to start in a diary to Allah inshallah. I've done so for my sister's children mashallah. The reason why I give this advice is because when they get older they can read their entries when they were just children mashallah. It's also sweet to read what they saying to Allah evens though it is suppose to be a secret :) It is amazing how they communicate with Allah mashallah.
Most probably it will instill sterling Iman in their heart and InshaAllah Allah swt will be pleased with you and them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!