/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Logical argument about God's Oneness, especially for Dawah

whosebob
06-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Here's an argument that you can use for Dawah. It's especially relevant to Atheist and Poltheist.

Hope I've helped you guys out inshallah.

1.On the day of Judgement it’s either heaven or hell and the only rule that will save us is God’s Oneness Godwilling. But if you are still skeptical here’s an argument for you amongst many but to me it’s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. That's why God is ONE

2.There's is also the argument in The Quran. It sais that if there was more than One God then there would be war between them.

3.Another argument is that God is most wise, His clever, why would he give someone else the same power. It would just cause misery so why would he do something like this? His independent of everything, That's why his God. We need Him. That's the relationship between God and his servents. It's unique. He would'nt cause confusion, That's why he sent Prophets and the holy books.

4.Also a God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God.

I like the first one the best because it makes sense. It's something anyone can understand.

If there are more logical arguments please let me know inshallah.

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
whosebob
08-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Does anyone know of more arguments. It is the most important statement one can make. Just to Further the first argument I've amended it inshallah.

1.On the day of Judgement it’s either heaven or hell and the only rule that will save us is God’s Oneness Godwilling. But if you are still skeptical here’s an argument for you amongst many but to me it’s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many, He would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. Death is very difficult. It will be very hard to think. that why God made it easy to keep one thought in one's head which is God's name. That's why God is ONE.

czgibson
08-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
1.On the day of Judgement it’s either heaven or hell and the only rule that will save us is God’s Oneness Godwilling. But if you are still skeptical here’s an argument for you amongst many but to me it’s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many, He would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. Death is very difficult. It will be very hard to think. that why God made it easy to keep one thought in one's head which is God's name. That's why God is ONE.
One reason why no atheist will be convinced by this argument: you begin by talking about the day of judgement. No atheist believes in the day of judgement (and in fact, belief in god is logically prior to belief in the day of judgement).

Peace

whosebob
06-01-2016, 01:57 PM
What is unity? Unity is one, right. A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That’s why God is One.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
06-01-2016, 02:03 PM
God is by definition uncreated, so when you go over to created, you aren't talking about God anymore.

And God is the Creator. So logically God has to be One, Cause He SWT is the Creator.

whosebob
07-10-2016, 12:56 PM
What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That’s why God is One.

Scimitar
07-10-2016, 01:13 PM
If there are more logical arguments please let me know inshallah.

Salaam
For dawah to an atheist: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ncept-god.html

For dawah to Christians: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...hers-pbut.html

For dawah to Christians: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...d-muslims.html

Bro, just use the search function

in relation your opening post - that argument doesn't work with atheists because it's called a "straw man" - go look it up.

Scimi

whosebob
07-10-2016, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
in relation your opening post - that argument doesn't work with atheists because it's called a "straw man" - go look it up.

Scimi
It might not work on an atheist but for those that are poltheist maybe it will make them see the logic to Allah's oneness inshallah.

Scimitar
07-10-2016, 02:46 PM
It's admirable that you want to give dawah, honestly... but you have to realise you are only passing a message, and it is Allah who favours the human with the sweetness of Imaan, not us.

Scimi

whosebob
01-01-2017, 04:03 PM
God is one and great mashallah. I hope those that read about God's oneness see the logic to it. Be careful of the Devil, he will try to make you see things his way. May God protect you and may he open your eyes Godwilling

whosebob
01-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Here's is hope for Polytheist inshallah. Evens during Death Allah will help those Polytheist Allah's deems worthy of his mercy mashallah. That's how merciful Allah is mashallah.

Surah An’am Verse 40-41

Say: “ Think ye to yourselves,
If there come upon you The Wrath of God,
Or the Hour(that ye dread),
Would ye then call upon
Other than God?
(reply) if ye are truthful!

“Nay,- On Him would ye
Call, and if it be
His Will, He would remove
(The distress) which occasioned
Your call upon Him
And ye would forget
(the False gods) which ye
Join with Him!

Scimitar
01-10-2017, 11:23 PM
Here's is hope for Polytheist inshallah.
Hope indeed, but also a logic which leaves the polytheist a little wet.

Allah puts forth a Parable a man belonging to many partners at variance with each other, and a man belonging entirely to one master: are those two equal in comparison? Praise be to Allah! but most of them have no knowledge. Qur'an 39:29

And that's a wrap.

Scimi

fschmidt
01-11-2017, 06:02 AM
I think the best argument that God is one and not many is that science works. Science depends on the consistency of the universe. If God had multiple competing parts or if there were multiple gods, then the universe wouldn't be consistent enough for science to work.

Scimitar
01-11-2017, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fschmidt
I think the best argument that God is one and not many is that science works. Science depends on the consistency of the universe. If God had multiple competing parts or if there were multiple gods, then the universe wouldn't be consistent enough for science to work.
That may work to make atheist scientists rethink how they came up with their method. But I doubt it can make them switch to Islam. For the atheist scientist, he doesn't care for WHO, just the HOW - which is what I find strange. They're consistently ignoring half of their investigative premise.

The elephant in the laboratory lol

What a shame.

Scimi

whosebob
01-11-2017, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
That may work to make atheist scientists rethink how they came up with their method. But I doubt it can make them switch to Islam. For the atheist scientist, he doesn't care for WHO, just the HOW - which is what I find strange. They're consistently ignoring half of their investigative premise.

The elephant in the laboratory lol

What a shame.

Scimi
I like what Einstein said, "Science without God is boring" :)

Scimitar
01-12-2017, 12:09 AM
I like what Einstein said, "Science without God is boring" :)
...in so many words, lol

Scimi

whosebob
01-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Just a reminder to believe in one God inshallah. It's the easiest thing in the world mashallah :)

whosebob
02-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Another reminder to read this thread inshallah.

whosebob
03-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Another reminder to read this thread.

whosebob
04-26-2017, 03:56 PM
If there were more than one god, then it would be illogical to claim that any god is either all-knowing or all-powerful. The gods would be limited since a portion would be allocated to other gods.

whosebob
05-01-2017, 08:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XERGzdFh-ok

whosebob
05-10-2017, 06:43 PM
just a reminder to read this thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!