/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Writing a THANK YOU list to God

whosebob
06-18-2015, 10:54 AM
When one is feeling unsatified with life, people are always telling to be thankful for what you have. The Thank you list just make things easier when I feel this way mashallah. So whenever you feel down or frustrated with life you can always turn to your list and remember inshallah. The hardest part for me is when I forget what Allah has given me. It's a good reminder inshallah. So write up a list. There's many blessings that we all should be thankful for inshallah.

Hope you keeping well inshallah.

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Great idea. We have lots to be thankful for and in the Quraan Allah swt talks to us and states:-

So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?

فَبِأَيِّ آلَاء رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ

Personally, am blessed with loads.

Both parents Alhamdulilah,
Siblings Alhamdulilah,
I have good health Alhamdulilah,
A house to live in Alhamdulilah,
Able to breath without difficulty Alhamdulilah,
Eyesight Alhamdulilah,
Ears Alhamdulilah,
Hands Alhamdulilah etc,
Food to eat Alhamdulilah and a variety of foods that i can choose from Alhamdulilah,
Access to islamic knowledge and the list goes on!

We have too much to be thankful for.

May Allah swt make us of those who are grateful Ameen.

Eric H
06-18-2015, 02:49 PM
Greetings and peace be with you whosebob;

When one is feeling unsatified with life, people are always telling to be thankful for what you have.
I learnt this lesson from a man who had been homeless for several years. He said every night before he goes to sleep, he finds things to thank God for. I looked at him, and tried to understand how he could find things to be grateful for, he was carrying his home in a bag, and did not know where he was going to sleep.

Another homeless man said, I am not worried, God loves me. How many of us have the confidence to say that?

Last Friday, I met a homeless man who said, I consciously choose to go without food for a few days, we waste so much in this country, and I think of the starving in the world.

Another homeless man said to me, I don't like to judge others, it feels like I am judging myself.

A 65 year old homeless lady asked if she could pray for us, after we had given her some food.

People are often made homeless in very distressing ways, they suffer depression and suicidal thoughts, but they seem to spend a lot of time on their own thinking. I have learned some profound lessons from them, in ways that I could not learn from our ministers.

Every blessing to you all through this holy month of Ramadan

Eric

whosebob
06-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks Eric. They are the best teachers mashallah. Learnt many lesson from them myself.

Peace and blessings be upon you my friend.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lady A
06-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Air conditioning during summer...Alhamdulillah :D

Lisa921
06-19-2015, 12:37 PM
health, peace, good home, food, work, family, good neighbours, safety, happiness, faith...and much more

whosebob
06-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Lady A, Inshallah may Allah grant you your palaces in Jannah firdous inshallah :)

Lady A
06-19-2015, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
Lady A, Inshallah may Allah grant you your palaces in Jannah firdous inshallah :)
AMEEN! And may Allah grant you your palaces in Jannat ul-Firdaus too, Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!