/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why does the Prophet Isa come in the end of times?Why isn't it any other Prophet?

simplymuslim
06-18-2015, 04:21 PM
I was having a discussion today with a Christian friend. She asked me, if Prophet Isa AS is not the son of God, why is he raised on the Day Of Judgement and not any other Prophet?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah bird
06-18-2015, 07:08 PM
:sl: Every Prophet will be raised on day of judgement. Where is it mentioned that only Prophet Isa pbuh will be the only one raised ? Not sure where you are getting the information from

M.I.A.
06-18-2015, 09:59 PM
a muslim man asked me the same question a while back at work.

he said he would come later and listen to my answer.

thankfully he didnt...

i think what OP may be asking is why there is a second coming of christ rather than any of the other prophets.. peace and blessing be upon them.

...technically speaking, muslims dont "believe" that christ was crucified the first time round.. he simply went to heaven.

unfinished business.

maybe because such tolerance and acceptance and love is the the character that will be needed at the end times... to unite us.

BeTheChange
06-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Asalamualykum,

Am not sure if the below response answers your question?

Reading the article we can come to the conclusion that Isa PBUH, has a final role to fulfil that has been given by Allah swt.

The role being to clear the confusion that has been created by the non-believers, regarding Isa PBUH faith.

Allah swt knows best.

We believe that he did not die and his enemies the Jews did not kill him, rather Allaah saved him from them and raised him up to heaven alive.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary) a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);

And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

But Allaah raised him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allaah is Ever All‑Powerful, All‑Wise” [al-Nisa’ 4:156-158]

We believe that he told his followers of the coming of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: ‘O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allaah unto you, confirming the Tawraat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.’ But when he (Ahmad, i.e. Muhammad) came to them with clear proofs, they said: ‘This is plain magic’”[al-Saff 61:6]

We believe that he will come back down at the end of time, and will disprove the claim of his enemies the Jews that they killed him, and will disprove the claim of the Christians that he is God or the son of God, and he will not accept anything from them but Islam.

Al-Bukhaari (2222) and Muslim (155) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, soon the son of Maryam will descend among you [according to another report: the Hour will not begin until the son of Maryam descends among you] as a just judge. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the jizyah, and money will become abundant until no one will accept it.”

SOURCE:
http://islamqa.info/en/43148

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lisa921
06-19-2015, 12:27 AM
Assalamu alaykum
Maybe because the biggest sin shirk was committed by Christians in Jesus' name by calling him God or a God or one of three Gods and that is shirk. Furthermore they say that Jesus pbuh himself told them believe this which is even worse than just believing it on their own. They blame Jesus for their misbelief and shirk. Since the day of judgement is all about mercy and justice from Allah being given to the people then Jesus pbuh has to be present to refute these people when they claim Jesus told them to believe something which is clearly shirk....
I don't know if this is the reason. But it makes sense...no other prophet was used as an excuse to commit shirk and shirk is an unforgiveable sin so there you go.
Lisa

OmAbdullah
07-08-2015, 04:25 AM
Assalaamo alaikum

Consider the following points:

1. Allah Almighty is فعال لما يريد

Allah does whatever HE wants.

1. Allah gave to every Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) unique types of blessings. For e.g. we cannot ask the following questions:

a). Why did Allah speak to the Prophet Musa alaihi salaam and didn’t speak to other Prophets?

b). Why did Allah give to Musa alaihi salaam so many signs although his nation didn’t ask for those signs while the other Prophets were not given so many sighs although their nations wanted sighs?

C). Why did Allah give such a high status to the Prophet Ibraheem alaihi salam, Allah made him a friend and made us all his millat (nation, followers)?

d). Why did Allah give to Yousuf alaihi salaam unique type of beauty?

e). Why did Allah give to Dawood (Prophet David) alaihi salaam uniquely attractive voice, so much attractive that birds and mountains used to do zikar (remembering Allah and celebrating Allah’s praises) with him?

f). Why did Allah give a uniquely vast and strong kingdom to Sulaiman alaihi salaam? His rule was over mankind, Jinn, and birds etc. He could hear and understand the words of a she ant. He could send letters by birds, He could travel very fast by air making the journey of one month in only one morning or one evening time.

g). Why did Allah take Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam above the 7 heavens to a place near Allah’s Thrown, spoke to him directly (from behind a screen) while Allah kept Jesus (Eisa) alaihi salaam in the 2nd heaven, Musa alaihi salaam in the 3rd heaven , and Ibraheem alaihi salaam in the 4th heaven?

May Allah forgive me for all these questions? Surely we have no right to ask such questions but we can ponder on all such unique bounties of Allah and prostrate to Allah Almighty!!!

Allah took Jesus up alive and ordained to send him down to the earth again, and gave us all this information through the Final Prophet and Messenger Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam. Eisa (Jesus) alaihi salaam shall be brought down to complete his life term, to establish the Islamic system, to do marriage, to kill Dajjaal ( his very first action) and then die at the time appointed by Allah. Then he will be buried in the normal Islamic way.

All of the above mentioned people (including Jesus) were the blessed Prophets of Allah. None of them was God. They were human beings. God is the Unique Supreme Being above all. God is the Creator, the Provider, the Manager of affairs of the whole universe and the Supreme Lord of all. Nothing and none is like unto God.

From the coming down of Eisa (Jesus) alaihi salaam, one thing will be clearly proved:

1. He was not crucified; rather he was taken up alive.

Scimitar
07-08-2015, 05:20 AM
Isa AS said himself "I have much to tell you but you cannot bear it, await the comforter who will testify of me"

that comforter was Muhammad pbuh, we are the only faith in the world outside of Christianity who testify of Jesus pbuh.

Why will Jesus pbuh come back at the end of time?

This is rather simple. Jesus' mission only lasted 2 years, and he didn't finish his mission - his own people, the Jews, wanted to crucify him, so Allah raises him up to the heavens and he will return to finish the job at the end of time.

If Muhammad pbuh was a pragmatist, he would not have spoken this truth and instead ignored it - but a prophet is the brother of a prophet, and so Muhammad pbuh testified of Jesus, which is recorded in Sahih Bukhari:

narrated Abu Hurairah (RA):

I heard Allahs apostle saying "I am the nearest of all the people to the son of Mary, and all the prophets are paternal brothers, and there has been no prophet between me and him (jesus)"

also in Sahih Bukhari we find:

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RA)

Allah's apostle said "By HIM in Whose Hands my soul is, son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you people (the Muslims) as a just ruler and will break the cross and kill the pig and abolish the jizyah tax (a tax taken from the non Muslims who are under the protection of the Muslims). There there will abundance of money and no-body will accept charitable gifts"

And many more.

The idea is that Jesus will come back to teach the Christians to become Muslims as a last chance reconciliation of their fate, thus the killing of the pig and the breaking of the cross are symbolic references designed to make the thinking person understand this nuance as something which gives the good people of Christianity a chance to reconcile their fate. How will the Christian be, when Jesus returns and notified them that they have been ignorant of God's commands not to eat swine or to worship idols, or himself, Jesus? Will they listen? or will they disobey? Ask your friend, what he will do when Jesus returns and breaks the cross, (destroying Christian idolatry and deification of Jesus) and kills the pig (destroying their wanton desire to eat unclean flesh) - how will he or she react when this happens? :) this idea is further backed up in the nuance that jizyah tax will be abolished because th Christians will become Muslims at the hands of Jesus pbuh, who himself is a Muslim. Hence, no need for a Jizyah tax anymore.

And Allah knows best.

Scimi

Eric H
07-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Greetings and peace be with you M.I.A.,

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
maybe because such tolerance and acceptance and love is the the character that will be needed at the end times... to unite us.
If we see that as a goal, why wait for end times?

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

greenhill
07-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Hi Eric,

I feel that the goal is that of the common man, the clerical level might not be so quick to change.

Just my opinion.

:peace:

M.I.A.
07-26-2015, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa921
Assalamu alaykum
Maybe because the biggest sin shirk was committed by Christians in Jesus' name by calling him God or a God or one of three Gods and that is shirk. Furthermore they say that Jesus pbuh himself told them believe this which is even worse than just believing it on their own. They blame Jesus for their misbelief and shirk. Since the day of judgement is all about mercy and justice from Allah being given to the people then Jesus pbuh has to be present to refute these people when they claim Jesus told them to believe something which is clearly shirk....
I don't know if this is the reason. But it makes sense...no other prophet was used as an excuse to commit shirk and shirk is an unforgiveable sin so there you go.
Lisa
When everybody is superman.. Kinda difficult to find ck.

Imo modern Islam follows a similar suit to Christianity.. Although 600 years younger.

It seems like the pot trying to call the kettle black..

Although neither would be willing to submit..

From there utterly straight paths.

umairlooms
08-11-2015, 11:48 AM
well, if the christian friend BELIEVES us when we say he will return before the end of times.

he should (by the same logic) also BELIEVE that he will come as a muslim, acknowledging the prophet Muhammad as the last prophet
ACKNOWLEDGING, that Allah, 'begets not, nor was he begotten'

this should have been enough.

THE REAL QUESTION than becomes, why would he return..i say, Allah knows best..but he is the only Prophet we know of who was lifted into the heavens rather than died a 'conventional death'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!