/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question for Muslims

JesusBeliever
06-22-2015, 12:06 AM
My question is am I going to hell in your Islamic opinion
?
I know GOd only knows i just want your opinion.

im 20. male from the United STates ive drawn close
to christian catholic faith in recent years just in long
battles with health and mental health struggles and
alot of trauma in my childhood. and even though i know
nothing about IsLam ive drawn close to it also in an odd
way the problem is I WIll never until i die believe that
jesus is not the son of god and the way the truth the life.

does this prevent me from going into heaven according
to islam? i dont wanna burn in hell. i dont deny or disbelieve
islam or the prophet mohomed when i hear an azan it
is the most beautiful thing ive ever heard.

but does my not knowing about ISlam and deep christian faith
and belief in jesus as the son of god prevent me joining
an islamic heaven even though im not a disbeliever?

i hope someone answers sorry for my terrible grammar
and wording im on a phone thats so hard to press on

peace be with you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
JesusBeliever
06-22-2015, 12:24 AM
I pray for gods mercy and forgiveness im not perfect

MuslimInshallah
06-22-2015, 12:53 AM
Greetings Believer,

(smile) Welcome to this Forum. I, too, was raised Catholic.

In the Bible, those who were particularly beloved by God were called the "sons of God". Not because they really were his biological children, but because this was an affectionate way that the people of those times described those that were close to Him. Rather like we might say "he's like a son" about someone we particularly love.

And Jesus DID show the Way, and speak the Truth, and lead the way to a beautiful Life in the Next Life... because he was God's prophet.

(mildly) Christians after Jesus' time started to take these things to mean that Jesus was an incarnation of God. But Muslims believe that only God is God. We love and respect Jesus very much... but a human, as a prophet.

I hope this helps a little. Really, our beliefs are very close. (smile) If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them.

May God, the Unique, the Kind, Guide you ever closer to Him.

JesusBeliever
06-22-2015, 02:54 AM
Thanks for your really nice warm reply i guess id just ask if i
was go go in cardiac arrest right now in your opinion
do you think God would have mercy on me or do you think
i would see hell? ive
never read the koran

peace be to u

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
06-22-2015, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JesusBeliever
My question is am I going to hell in your Islamic opinion
?
Peace be with you too brother :)

The following are ayat (Signs / verses) from the Qur'an:

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69, and many other verses).

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

"O you who believe! Be helpers of God -- as Jesus the son of Mary said to the Disciples, 'Who will be my helpers in (the work of) God?' Said the disciples, 'We are God's helpers!' Then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved. But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed" (61:14).

_____

"If only they [i.e. Christians] had stood fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There is from among them a party on the right course, but many of them follow a course that is evil" (5:66).

"Oh People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion, nor say of God anything but the truth. Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, was (no more than) a messenger of God, and His Word which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him. So believe in God and His messengers. Say not, 'Trinity.' Desist! It will be better for you, for God is One God, Glory be to Him! (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs" (4:171).

"The Jews call 'Uzair a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the son of God. That is but a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the Truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary. Yet they were commanded to worship but One God: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him! (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)" (9:30-31).

What do you think brother?

Does your holy book say that only Christians will go to heaven? Is it quite uhm, exclusive like that? Don't you find that a tad bit elitist? If a book was to truly be called revelation - would it not have good news for the previous people of the scripture too? so long as they obeyed the commandents of their Lord?

One of the reasons I am a Muslim is because I find no error in the Qur'an and I find it to make perfect sense and appeal to logic, as well as truth. It is a book of Signs, for the contemplating and reflective person who seeks to find ones purpose in life, in order to work towards a better existence in the afterlife - I found the necessary tools and methods needed to understand my place in this world and since then, I have become happier, at peace - with all of creation and that would include people of other faiths :)

The Qur'an is a book of great news for the believer, study it, with contextual understanding and you will see why :)

God bless.

Scimi

~ Umm Aaminah ~
06-22-2015, 12:03 PM
:salamext:

If you don't know about Islaam brother, then try to learn :ia:

You say that you love hearing the Adhaan, maybe deep down that is a sign you want to become a Muslim?

See this website for basic information on Islam: islamreligion.com

Dawud1996
06-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Surat al-baqarah
(2:62)

Verily, whether it be of those who believe, or those who are Jews or Christians or Sabaeans, whosoever believe in God and the last day and act aright, they have their reward at their Lord’s hand, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

MuslimInshallah
06-23-2015, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JesusBeliever
Thanks for your really nice warm reply i guess id just ask if i
was go go in cardiac arrest right now in your opinion
do you think God would have mercy on me or do you think
i would see hell? ive
never read the koran

peace be to u
(smile) And peace to you, Believer!

You know, I don't know what my fate will be in the Next life, let alone yours. We must acknowledge God, and try our best to do what is Pleasing to God in this life... and then trust to His Mercy, Fairness, Kindness, Generosity and Love.

God Knows everything of who we are, our circumstances and how we've dealt with things in life. He Knows all our secret intentions and acts. He Knows the things that no one else knows. And that is why He is the Only One who can fairly Judge us, and Decide what should happen to us. (smile) He's very Compassionate, though, so He Stacks the deck in our favour. Whatever tiny bit of good we've done, He can Magnify many times. But whatever bad we have done, He only Counts as one bad deed.

(smile) I remember reading an Arab proverb years ago that said something like this: act as if you're not sure of going to Paradise yourself, but act as if you believe that others are going to Paradise. (smile) The idea is that we should always look to ourselves and see how we can improve. But look with humility, kindness and forgiveness to others.

There is no clear answer to your question, you see. We must all just soldier on and do our best... and trust in God.

Incidentally, reading the Qur'an is not an absolute pre-requisite for being a Muslim (one who struggles to submit to God's Will). (smile) But it sure helps to read it and get God's Guidance!

May God, the Guide to the Right Path, Help us in our efforts to understand His Will.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!