/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did I spell this corretly and what does it mean?

new2010
06-26-2015, 11:44 PM
Assalamualaikum,

can you tell me what the meaning of the following word is? I'm not arabic so I don't know whether I spelled it correctly or not, but hopefully you'll understand.

١بَيْنَ قُلُّبِنَ

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
06-27-2015, 04:05 AM
Oops! nvm I thought you meant something else, I can't red the Arabic...

new2010
06-27-2015, 05:56 AM
I really have no idea how it might spelled otherwise. The pronunciation is something like: Elif-bayna qulubina.

sister herb
06-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Where did you find those words? I found from the forum this:

O God Bring our hearts close together and mend our relationships.
Allahuma Alif baina qulubina wa aslih dhata bainina.

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...8-believe.html

Also:

اَللَّهُمَّ اَلِّفْ بَيْنَ قُلُوْبِنَا وَ اَصْلِحْ ذَاتَ بَيْنِنَا وَ اهْدِنَا سُبُلَ السَّلامِ وَ نَجِّنَا مِنَ الظُّلُمتِ اِلَى اللنُّوْرِ

Allahumma allif baina qullu baina wa aslih dhata bainina wahdina subuulas-salami wanjjina minadh-dhulumati ilannuur

O Allah! Cause Love between our hearts, and improve our mutual relations and guide us to the paths of peace and security; taking us out of darkness, and guided towards the Light (of faith)

Note difference with writing:

اَلِّفْ بَيْنَ قُلُوْبِنَا

and (like in the first post):

١بَيْنَ قُلُّبِنَ

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ZeeshanParvez
06-27-2015, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Assalamualaikum,

can you tell me what the meaning of the following word is? I'm not arabic so I don't know whether I spelled it correctly or not, but hopefully you'll understand.

١بَيْنَ قُلُّبِنَ

No, unfortunately you have not spelt that correctly and thus it is not possible to explain what it means.

new2010
06-27-2015, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Where did you find those words? I found from the forum this:

O God Bring our hearts close together and mend our relationships.
Allahuma Alif baina qulubina wa aslih dhata bainina.

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...8-believe.html

Also:

اَللَّهُمَّ اَلِّفْ بَيْنَ قُلُوْبِنَا وَ اَصْلِحْ ذَاتَ بَيْنِنَا وَ اهْدِنَا سُبُلَ السَّلامِ وَ نَجِّنَا مِنَ الظُّلُمتِ اِلَى اللنُّوْرِ

Allahumma allif baina qullu baina wa aslih dhata bainina wahdina subuulas-salami wanjjina minadh-dhulumati ilannuur

O Allah! Cause Love between our hearts, and improve our mutual relations and guide us to the paths of peace and security; taking us out of darkness, and guided towards the Light (of faith)

Note difference with writing:

اَلِّفْ بَيْنَ قُلُوْبِنَا

and (like in the first post):

١بَيْنَ قُلُّبِنَ

:embarrass Sorry, my Arabic too isn´t good. Maybe someone else can help more.
Baraak Allahu Feek, I think that what I was looking for. I heard this Du'a from our Imam in Witr prayer (Taraweeh). May Allah accept mine and your fasts!

Sorry, for misspelling, but as I mentioned I am not native and new in arabic language.

Abz2000
06-27-2015, 06:11 PM
A dua which is so needed, perfect timing mashaAllah.

Would just like to add that islamicity has a phonetic search engine which is quite accurate, you spell it in english (transliteration) and it usually finds the most relevant verses:

*Phonetic Search, ****[HOW TO]*Search : ALLIF BAINA
**Show Arabic ****Translations**English*Turkish*German*French*Sp anish***4 verse(s) matched.*****

Al-Imran*[3:103]******** **وَاعْتَصِمُواْ بِحَبْلِ اللّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلاَ تَفَرَّقُواْ وَاذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَةَ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنتُمْ أَعْدَاء فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُم بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَانًا وَكُنتُمْ عَلَىَ شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِّنَ النَّارِ فَأَنقَذَكُم مِّنْهَا كَذَلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ*
WaiAAtasimoo bihabli Allahi jameeAAan wala*tafarraqoo waothkuroo niAAmata Allahi AAalaykum ith*kuntum aAAdaan faallafa bayna quloobikum faasbahtum biniAAmatihi ikhwanan wakuntum AAalashafa*hufratin mina alnnari faanqathakum minha*kathalika yubayyinu Allahu lakum*ayatihi laAAallakum tahtadoona

3:103 And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.*****

Al-Anfal*[8:63]******** **وَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِهِمْ لَوْ أَنفَقْتَ مَا فِي الأَرْضِ جَمِيعاً مَّا أَلَّفَتْ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِهِمْ وَلَـكِنَّ اللّهَ أَلَّفَ بَيْنَهُمْ إِنَّهُ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ*

Waallafa bayna quloobihim law anfaqta ma*fee alardi jameeAAan ma*allafta bayna quloobihim walakinna Allaha allafa baynahum innahu AAazeezun*hakeemun

8:63 And (moreover) He hath put affection between their hearts: not if thou hadst spent all that is in the earth, couldst thou have produced that affection, but Allah hath done it: for He is Exalted in might, Wise.*****

Al-Nour*[24:43]******** **أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يُزْجِي سَحَابًا ثُمَّ يُؤَلِّفُ بَيْنَهُ ثُمَّ يَجْعَلُهُ رُكَامًا فَتَرَى الْوَدْقَ يَخْرُجُ مِنْ خِلَالِهِ وَيُنَزِّلُ مِنَ السَّمَاء مِن جِبَالٍ فِيهَا مِن بَرَدٍ فَيُصِيبُ بِهِ مَن يَشَاء وَيَصْرِفُهُ عَن مَّن يَشَاء يَكَادُ سَنَا بَرْقِهِ يَذْهَبُ بِالْأَبْصَارِ*

Alam tara anna Allaha yuzjee sahaban thumma yuallifu baynahu thumma yajAAaluhu rukaman fatara*alwadqa yakhruju min khilalihi wayunazzilu mina alssamai min jibalin feeha*min baradin fayuseebu bihi man yashao wayasrifuhu AAan man yashao yakadu sana*barqihi yathhabu bialabsari

24:43 Seest thou not that Allah makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a heap? - then wilt thou see rain issue forth from their midst. And He sends down from the sky mountain masses (of clouds) wherein is hail: He strikes therewith whom He pleases and He turns it away from whom He pleases, the vivid flash of His lightning well-nigh blinds the sight.*****

Al-Ahzab*[33:72]******** **إِنَّا عَرَضْنَا الْأَمَانَةَ عَلَى السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَالْجِبَالِ فَأَبَيْنَ أَن يَحْمِلْنَهَا وَأَشْفَقْنَ مِنْهَا وَحَمَلَهَا الْإِنسَانُ إِنَّهُ كَانَ ظَلُومًا جَهُولًا*

Inna*AAaradna*alamanata AAala*alssamawati waalardi waaljibali faabayna an yahmilnaha*waashfaqna minha*wahamalaha*alinsanu innahu kana*thalooman jahoolan

33:72 We did indeed offer the Trust to the Heavens and the Earth and the Mountains; but they refused to undertake it, being afraid thereof: but man undertook it;- He was indeed unjust and foolish;-...Copyright ©2001-2011 IslamiCity.com

http://www.islamicity.com/ps/Mobile/...eticSearch.asp

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!