/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My fantasy prone personality

SaraMukhtar12
06-27-2015, 10:12 PM
I remember when I came here looking for an advice about me doubting islam and now I know what caused it. It's basically my fantasy prone personality. It's a sort of a personality disorder where I fantasise alot. When I was 12 I was really hoping to have an extraordinary miracle to happen to me. There was once a situation which basically was a coincidence where I had a thought then someone next to me said the same thing. Then I started assuming that people called read my mind. Will this personality disorder is kind of normal and could be solved unlike other disorder which the person has no control of. So anyways this delusion of mine continued for 4 years when I came back to reality and my eyes where open. Now thanks to allah now I am acting just like any other rational human being. But the problem here is ever since I had faced that experience, I feel ashamed and embarrassed. I even get worried that what if the other things that I believe in was also a delusion. So I began to question my own religion. Now I got more certainty about islam but I still keep getting doubts about it so please help me gain more certainty.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-27-2015, 10:59 PM
Asalamualykum,

Certainty in Islam and in Allah and all the Prophets, peace and blessings upon them all, needs to come from within.

It comes from the heart, soul and mind. I don't think it's something we can teach.

What you can do is sit in contemplation and look at the human anatomy, look at how our body functions effortlessly, with all it's amazing organs. If you've got time after this, you can look at the animals, your surroundings, the world we live in, how the moon shines so brightly at night, the light of the sun and so on.

Have you read and understood Allah's message by reading the Quraan?

Allah swt talks to us directly through the scriptures so your yaqeen, your certainity, may come by understanding the Quraan?

You might be interested in the below article;

Aqeedah refers to those matters which are believed in, with certainty and conviction, in one’s heart and soul. They are not tainted with any doubt or uncertainty.

The principles of ‘aqeedah are those which Allaah has commanded us to believe in, as mentioned in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):
"The Messenger believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allaah, His Angels, His Books and His Messengers. They say, ‘We make no distinction between one and another of His Messengers’ – and they say, ‘We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all).’" [al-Baqarah 2:285]

- and as defined by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the famous hadeeth which describes how Jibreel came to him and asked him about Islam etc.: "Eemaan (faith) is to believe in Allaah, His angels, His Books, the meeting with Him on the Last Day, His Messengers, and the Day of Resurrection."

So in Islam, ‘aqeedah refers to the matters which are known from the Qur’aan and sound ahaadeeth, and which the Muslim must believe in his heart, in acknowledgement of the truth of Allaah and His Messenger.

If you wish to read more please visit; http://islamqa.info/en/951

greenhill
06-28-2015, 04:12 AM
Good for you. Alhamdulillah you traced the cause of it. :)

That lead to the second part, doubts about everything else... a similar situation I went through with questioning what is islam and what is my local custom.. that was tough.

:peace:

Scimitar
06-28-2015, 05:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaraMukhtar12
Now I got more certainty about islam but I still keep getting doubts about it so please help me gain more certainty.
no rush sister, knowledge comes with questions which beget answers :)

maybe this is something you should consider... doubts can always be quelled, and Islam is the most logical system for mankind :)

questions are good, doubts can be beneficial if you seek to have them answered, and expend your utmost energy in finding those answers.

Do you read books? I find that books help me to understand things - so my mind doesn't have to guess... but I only choose from sources which are recommended by good people who I trust :)

No need to lose hope - seek knowledge, it's a journey, an adventure into your "self", so you can attain a mastery over your thoughts and ideas, :)

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
legendaryman
06-28-2015, 09:19 AM
see there no other religion aspect islam ,
you need watch zakir naik on comparative reliogion
islam and christanity
islam and hinduism
this will surely tranquil your heart
name of prophet peace be up on him in other holy scriptures
also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4xVLEJES4I&safe=active
regariding your FPP it cannot be until you keep busy yourself ,and make time table in advance

sister herb
06-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Salam alaykum

I have been "fantasy prone personality" all my life. I have believed that something extraordinary will become to me and sure it has happened but... Only when I have done a lot of work it will happens. I had a big dreams when I was young and they have came true also but only when I have gave time to myself to learn new things and make them true by this way.

Surely you can do the same, reach your fantacy if you are ready to work for them.

Believe to your dreams. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!