/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I would like to volunteer to help people

RamadanMustafa
06-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Im a revert that has been muslim for about 3 years now. This Ramadan is the first time i finally had the will power to start making the changes that comes with being a muslim. Now as i have been sitting here doing alot of contemplation because i been staying away from my friends who i knows lifestyle does not quite help me become the person i would like to be, i been thinking alot of volunteer work. I would really like to get away from here for some time and do some volunteer work in islamic countries but i cant really find any organizations. I figured maybe if I post on a few forums i might be able to get some help. Please let me know if you happen to know of any.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Salam alaykum

Great decision. But at the first look around of you, is there people whose might need help? Muslims or non-muslims. I have no idea where you are living. Maybe there are old people in the caring homes whose are waiting someone to come to meet them or bring them to a little walk outside. Ask around your neighborhood. Giving a helping hand is very important.

RamadanMustafa
06-28-2015, 09:06 PM
wa alaikum salaam ,
i live in nj. of course there are people here that could use help. I kind of wanna go live in an islamic society for a lil to help myself while helping others. With my job i really have no time to help anyone while being here or the energy from working 10 to 14 hours on a roof every day . so i been debating just picking up and going some where that i can just dedicate all my time to helping people without the distractions i have here. Ive actually recently seen a volunteer organization in philadelphia thats feeding the homeless throughout ramadan but im about 2 hours from there and my car hasnt been running to good. Idk I'll find something around here eventually but i would prefer to go places most people wouldnt go. Where people need help the most.

Scimitar
06-29-2015, 12:08 AM
Assalaam alaikum brother,

have you tried contacting some Islamic charities who do gift aids to poor countries? I think if you contact them and begin a rapport, they my be able to help you out in sha Allah...

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!