/* */

PDA

View Full Version : killing animals

SaraMukhtar12
06-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Is killing animals haram. Like there is this dog outside my apartment which used to belong to one of my neighbours but they dumped it at the streets. It's all alone and so far it hasn't harmed any one but in some cases it barks at random strangers whom he feels suspicious about. So it may haram someone. My dad is thinking of killing the dog. Is this haram. Because there are alternative solutions for this but it may take some time so it may cause haram during the time. So killing is the fastest solution. Is it haram or is it okay ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Salam alaykum

Your father should take contact to animal protection authority or police, not go to kill that dog by himself. If dog doesn´t belong to anyone and if its danger to people, its much better to let officials to kill it, if its needed.

Karl
06-28-2015, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaraMukhtar12
Is killing animals haram. Like there is this dog outside my apartment which used to belong to one of my neighbours but they dumped it at the streets. It's all alone and so far it hasn't harmed any one but in some cases it barks at random strangers whom he feels suspicious about. So it may haram someone. My dad is thinking of killing the dog. Is this haram. Because there are alternative solutions for this but it may take some time so it may cause haram during the time. So killing is the fastest solution. Is it haram or is it okay ?
What right has your father to kill the dog? Why not look after the dog and care for it? This could be a test of your soul, do you choose to hate and kill or love and care for? What is your true nature good or evil? A dog has the same right to live as anything else, otherwise Allah would not have created them.

SaraMukhtar12
06-29-2015, 02:49 AM
That's what I thought. But in the dog is harming other outside the house and we don't know how to train it. I suggested my father to call someone to take it away from the are and take it to some sort of vet. But my father said that it will take time for them to get here

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
06-29-2015, 03:18 AM
No, you can't kill a dog - and sarah I'm sure if the dog actually harmed someone they'd report it...

...let's not get too excited about this ok? overthinking leads to problems of your own manufacture - avoid it....

...And I actually love dogs. More than cats. But not more than cute babies :D

Scimi

EDIT:

think for a second - has anyone attempted to feed it? it is a stray... as Muslims we are ViceRegents on this planet - caretakers over the animal and plant kingdom - why are we not fulfilling our obligations to the animals? Dogs are not evil.

Consider this, a dog cannot talk - it barks - it is hungry, it barks at a human because it is used to receiving its daily provision from a human. It wonders why no one is feeding it, it is crying out to Allah to send someone who will feed it - it is tamed through its master and lost its instinctual nature to survive and hunt - thus it stays in the locality it is used to - the familiar surroundings. Dogs are immensely loyal animals, the most loyal animal in the world - more loyal than any friend you will make most likely - and Muslims usually give dogs a bad rap simply because their saliva is impure?

What kind of heard hearts have we fostered in our selves? It makes me sad to read posts such as the OP.

I had a dog in India, well, my father took in a stray in 2011 and when he came back to the UK - do you know who took the responsibility for it? An Aalim in my village - TRUTH I swear it - when I was in India in 2012 December - I saw the dog with my own eyes in the care of this aalim who is pious and loving, a real gem of a man who makes Muslims of the modern age look brutish in their treatment of dogs.

I tell you something, the west gets a bad rap sometimes for all the wrong reasons, such as being dog lovers - but I tell you now, that the non Muslims of the west who have dogs, are more attuned to the fitra of "viceregent" than we can ever be.

All this talk of killing an innocent, hungry and lonely dog has really made me sad.

Give it some food, go buy it a tin of dog food and see what happens. The dog will folllow you, love you and guard you. They are loyal creatures - and one more thing, they see Jinn, and so, can act as a forewarning because they bark at the empty spaces - this lets you know it is barking at an unseen entity - a warning for you to make dua of protection before something bad happens.

Please do not kill this dog - do not enter that sin.

SaraMukhtar12
06-29-2015, 04:18 AM
Alright! I'll try to convince my father somehow

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!