06-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Ibn Al-Qayyim (rahimahullah) aid that there are ten things that bring the love of Allāh:Reply
1) Recitation of the Qur’ān with reflection and with understanding of its meanings.
2) Seeking closeness to Allāh by performing voluntary deeds after having performed obligatory ones, for that leads one to the highest levels of love.
3) Remembering Allāh during every situation - with one’s time, heart, and deeds…One’s share of that love is to the degree of one’s share in that remembrance.
4) Preferring what He loves to what you love when your desires are strong.
5) Allowing your heart to reflect on His names and attributes.
6) Reflecting on His many favors and blessings, both the apparent ones and the hidden ones, for that leads to His love.
7) Having your heart softened as it is worshipping Allāh.
8) Being alone with Him in worship when He descends during the last third of the night. And this means to invoke Him, to recite His speech, to stand with all sincerity, and with good manners and with good submission, and then to end that with repentance and with seeking His forgiveness.
9) Sitting with those who are truthful in their of Allāh.
10) Staying away from all that creates barriers between the heart and Allāh.
[Gems & Jewels, p. 22/23]
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.
When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.