/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The wisdom behind what Allah has said is amazing!

MuslimOfAmerica
07-09-2015, 08:32 AM
As Salamu Alaykum. While pondering over the thought of holding a good physical posture (back straight), the thought came across the mind how amazing it is what Allah has said. When we are standing for Salah, we must stand straight up with our back straight, when going to Ruku the back must be straight, and when Going into Sujood the back must be straight. Subhan Allah! Can anyone else think of some other health benefits we get from doing what Allah has said. Does not have to be regarding posture; anything at all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
umairlooms
07-31-2015, 10:03 AM
I dont believe we should look at material benefits of anything Allah asks.
We should follow what we are asked for simply because we have been commanded to do so

HOWEVER, i have seen many benefits
eg the way the prophet used to sleep is ALMOST ergonomically perfect
eg namaz, its postures and its prayers are very similar to meditation and its related links to happiness
eg the social fabric of Islamic society is key to happiness, as happiness science sees 'being social' as one of the keys to happiness
eg the idea of patience and prayer, is an amazing combination for resilience, if I say so MYSELF

greenhill
07-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Saw this and I'm about to go out so I just want to say that I beg to differ on not looking at material benefits. I believe we should not be questioning the "why's", but to find the benefit of doing so adds to the motivation, plus reinforces the miracle of Allah's command.

I'm off. (I may add later) :p

:peace:

Abz2000
07-31-2015, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Saw this and I'm about to go out so I just want to say that I beg to differ on not looking at material benefits. I believe we should not questioning the why's but to find the benefit of doing so adds to the motivation plus reinforces the miracle of Allah's command.

I'm off. (I may add later) :p

أَيَّامًا مَّعْدُودَاتٍ فَمَن كَانَ مِنكُم مَّرِيضًا أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِّنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ وَعَلَى الَّذِينَ يُطِيقُونَهُ فِدْيَةٌ طَعَامُ مِسْكِينٍ فَمَن تَطَوَّعَ خَيْرًا فَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّهُ وَأَن تَصُومُواْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

{184*002:184*Khan:
[Observing Saum (fasts)] for a fixed number of days, but if any of you is ill or on a journey, the same number (should be made up) from other days. And as for those who can fast with difficulty, (e.g. an old man, etc.), they have (a choice either to fast or) to feed a Miskin (poor person) (for every day). But whoever does good of his own accord, it is better for him. b]And that you fast, it is better for you if only you know.[/b`

002:184*Maulana:
For a certain number of days. But whoever among you is sick or on a journey, (he shall fast) a (like) number of other days. And those who find it extremely hard may effect redemption by feeding a poor man. So whoever does good spontaneously, it is better for him; and that you fast is better for you if you know.

002:184*Pickthal:
(Fast) a certain number of days; and (for) him who is sick among you, or on a journey, (the same) number of other days; and for those who can afford it there is a ransom: the feeding of a man in need - but whoso doeth good of his own accord, it is better for him:
and that ye fast is better for you if ye did but know -

002:184*Rashad:
Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

002:184*Sarwar:
Fasting is only for a certain number of days. One who is sick or on a journey has to fast the same number of days at another time. Those who can afford a redemption should feed a poor person. Good deeds performed on one's own initiative will be rewarded. However, fasting is better and will be rewarded. Would that you knew this!

002:184*Shakir:
For a certain number of days; but whoever among you is sick or on a journey, then (he shall fast) a (like) number of other days; and those who are not able to do it may effect a redemption by feeding a poor man; so whoever does good spontaneously it is better for him; and that you fast is better for you if you know.

002:184*Sherali:The prescribed fasting is for a fixed number of days, but whoso among you is sick or on a journey, shall fast the same number of other days; and for those who are able to fast only with great difficulty, is an expiation - the feeding of a poor man. And whoso does good of his own accord it is better for him. And fasting is good for you, if you only knew.

002:184*Yusufali:
(Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
07-31-2015, 06:41 PM
Salaams @Abz2000 , I suppose you mean that fasting is good for you (if only you knew) and.. I think I might know some of the benefits...

But I'm not fully grasping your true message behind the quotes you have given. :hiding:

To add to my earlier post, I have observed how much more flexible old age Muslims are to non Muslims generally. Regular prayer prostrations allows the flexibility to remain.

Ablutions relate to cleanliness.

These are basic stuff.. I'm quite positive that there are other cute ones too hidden somewhere in the recesses of the mind..

Abz2000
07-31-2015, 07:00 PM
wa'alaikumussalam brother and other Muslims,
was just showing that Allah confirms your mention in the earlier post that the benefits of His commands are useful to know.

Abz2000
09-02-2015, 03:08 PM
there is also much wisdom behind the prayers we recite during the day.

Before Wudhu (washing for prayer) ; Recite this Dua
Bismillah hir Rahmanir Rahim.
Bismillah hil Aliyul Adhim
wal hamdulillahi ala din il islam.
Al Islamu hakkun wal kufru baatilun
Al islamu nurun wal kufru dhulumaat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!