/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if Allah has forgived your sins? (really need help, I'm down)

Aaqib
07-09-2015, 02:39 PM
I need to know.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
07-09-2015, 03:10 PM
I feel so empty and depressed and mad at myself. I feel like Allah hates me, no matter what. I make duas, I pray, I recite, and I memorize. I'm working on memorizing all of his beautiful 99 names but that won't help me at all on the Day of Judgement? It'll all be throw away and Allah will punish me.

I need to know, I feel so down and so does my friend, I need help...

ardianto
07-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Assalamualaikum, young bro.

We will not know whether Allah forgive our sins or not. But we have to believe that if we do repent, In Shaa Allah, then our sins can be forgiven. Like mentioned in surah Az-Zumar:53.

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Aaqib
07-09-2015, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Assalamualaikum, young bro.

We will not know whether Allah forgive our sins or not. But we have to believe that if we do repent, In Shaa Allah, then our sins can be forgiven. Like mentioned in surah Az-Zumar:53.

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."
But will Allah forgive this sin?

So many thoughts of those bad comments by those people who take Islam as a joke
"Ramadingdong"
"Allah isn't real"
"TURN TO JESUS NOW!!!"

Too many of those thoughts ring in my head, it's probably because these comments are everyone and I can't necessarily avoid them. But I'm trying.
Seriously my mind was thinking "Allah isn't real" but I literally felt I was fighting with my mind.

this happened when I was reading the Quran

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
07-09-2015, 08:17 PM
I made dua and said please like 20 times
I don't know I still feel empty :(

Hulk
07-09-2015, 09:03 PM
You don't have to worry about whether Allah (SWT) will keep His promise of being the Most Merciful or not. Rather, spend your energy on making sure that you don't commit that sin again.

Aaqib
07-09-2015, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
You don't have to worry about whether Allah (SWT) will keep His promise of being the Most Merciful or not. Rather, spend your energy on making sure that you don't commit that sin again.
But the thing is, is my sin forgivable by Almighty Allah?
I made duas for forgiveness and I begged him in my duas to keep me a good strong muslim

Lady A
07-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Well, if you knew that Allah forgave your sins you wouldn't be praying for forgiveness anymore. Allah loves those who purify themselves {2:222} so in a state of not knowing we're constantly asking for forgiveness, thus constantly purifying our souls.

We just gotta look at the bright side of things. :sunny:

Aaqib
07-09-2015, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A
Well, if you knew that Allah forgave your sins you wouldn't be praying for forgiveness anymore. Allah loves those who purify themselves {2:222} so in a state of not knowing we're constantly asking for forgiveness, thus constantly purifying our souls.

We just gotta look at the bright side of things. :sunny:
Well I don't know if Allah forgave my sins or not...

But I can't look on the bright side if I feel like my almighty creator doesn't like me, and is not pleased with me. There's no bright sides knowing Allah doesn't love me.

Lady A
07-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Increase in your dhikr, good deeds, prayers. And the good will wipe out the bad.

Allah is THE most merciful (Ar-Rahman). THE most loving (Al-Wadud), you mentioned you're memorizing Allah's attributes, mashaAllah very good. I encourage you to look in the meanings and ponder over the attributes so you have a better understanding of Allah. The more we learn of our Lord, the better we understand our Creator, the more we love Him.

Aaqib
07-09-2015, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A
Increase in your dhikr, good deeds, prayers. And the good will wipe out the bad.

Allah is THE most merciful (Ar-Rahman). THE most loving (Al-Wadud), you mentioned you're memorizing Allah's attributes, mashaAllah very good. I encourage you to look in the meanings and ponder over the attributes so you have a better understanding of Allah. The more we learn of our Lord, the better we understand our Creator, the more we love Him.
I am sister Lady A, I'm doing that.
I hope my sin is forgivable by Allah, I never doubted Allah and never will.
I'm as well understanding the Quran, Alhamdullilah. :)

The-Deist
07-10-2015, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I am sister Lady A, I'm doing that.
I hope my sin is forgivable by Allah, I never doubted Allah and never will.
I'm as well understanding the Quran, Alhamdullilah. :)
Dude you got it good.

I am even more stressed out for sure.

No matter what I try I dont feel hopeful.

Scimitar
07-10-2015, 06:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I feel so empty and depressed and mad at myself. I feel like Allah hates me, no matter what. I make duas, I pray, I recite, and I memorize. I'm working on memorizing all of his beautiful 99 names but that won't help me at all on the Day of Judgement? It'll all be throw away and Allah will punish me.

I need to know, I feel so down and so does my friend, I need help...
Being in a state between hope and fear is not an easy thing to do, but it's possible.

This is Ramadhan and we're in the final ten nights - so ask HIM for forgiveness for HE loves to forgive... did you not notice that of the 99 names you are memorising, most of these are to do with mercy and forgiveness? Ponder on that.

When a Muslim both fears Allah and loves Allah in the hope of forgiveness, Allah grants HIS/HER hope and saves the person from HIS/HER fear.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!