/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage where there is no physical relation

roohi7
07-11-2015, 10:16 AM
I would like to ask that if there is no physical relation between husband and wife and they have to live together for kids then in that condition how and what should be the advice for the person who wants sex ? I guess i m clear in expressing the problem!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vlad
07-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about a man who stayed away from his wife for a month or two months and did not have intercourse with her; was there any sin on him or not? Could the husband be asked to do that?

He replied:

The husband is obliged to have intercourse with his wife on a reasonable basis, which is one of the most important rights that she has over him; it is more important than feeding her. It was said that what is obligatory with regard to intercourse is once every four months, or according to her need and his ability, just as he should feed her according to her need and his ability. And the latter is the more correct opinion.

Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa, 32/271

He further said:

Causing harm to the wife by not having intercourse is grounds for annulment in all cases, whether the husband did that intentionally or otherwise, and whether he was able to do it or not; it is like maintenance, and even more important.
Al-Fataawa al-Kubra, 5/481-482

greenhill
07-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Firstly I bid you 'welcome to the forum'

I have come across several instances of married couples in this situation. There is no obvious answer. It really depends on the 'dynamics' of the people.

Sometimes expressing may not be enough?

Wishing you a good stay and may Allah be kind to your wishes.

:peace:

Vlad
07-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Just so you know, aforementioned ruling applies to both of you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lady A
07-11-2015, 01:53 PM
:sl: :welcome:

I don't have the answer to your question. I hope some may be able to help you, inshaAllah.

roohi7
07-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Wife and husband love each other. Everything is great between them but physical intimacy. And they hv to compromise in one sector. So compromise is a good idea or they should be separated ?

sister herb
07-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Salam alaykum

This husband could go to meet a doctor - there might be some physical or mentally problems which make him to avoid physical relations with his wife.

ardianto
07-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Physical intimacy is very important in marriage because it affect the quality of relationship. If husband and wife don't have desire for physical intimacy, it's cannot called they love each other because if a man and woman love each other, then they will have desire for physical intimacy.

Hmm, seem like there's something wrong in their relationship.

So, should they be separated?. No!. What they must must do is rebuild their relationship which they can understand each other. Build an openness between them which husband and wife can listen to each other. Do not hesitate to say what they want to say, including in the matter of intimacy.

roohi7
07-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Thanks everyone. But the issue btwn them is beyond anyone's understanding.

crank.head
07-11-2015, 10:19 PM
Seek counselling anf open with each other i can understand what u mean to say

roohi7
07-13-2015, 08:56 PM
[emoji4][emoji106]

Abdul Fattah
07-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Aselam aleykum
Besides everything that has already been said,
Keep in mind that children complicate a marriage. Parents tend to be more stressed and tired. So its actually very common for sexual appetite to take somewhat of a dive when kids enter the picture. If this is unacceptable for either one, or both of the partners, then they should work on making this a priority (rather then waiting and expecting things to come by them self). Men and woman work different on that area, so I guess an open communication is the first step.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!