/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help badly :(

Junduallah
07-12-2015, 11:41 AM
assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

i need some help and advice my problem is i do things which mad people do for example theres a pic of allah name in door i keep kissing it not once twice but 100x at same time

i know if we 1 time its ok but i think if u keep doing it in 1 sec

its not good idk i need help also for example whenever i pray i make dua and if i wrongly say some word wrong i say this dua allah not accept things like this idk i like whenever i do dua i say oh i didnt nake it correct lets make again then again

i do same mistake and i keep repeating this over and over again

i jnow its like mad ppl do and i want to change this habbit when ever i kiss good things for example allah name my mind say keep kissing its haram if u kiss just one time i know it not its just me and its wrong but i some help and advice from u my brothers and i do pray and also get waswasa i need help and advice so i change this habbit and dua for waswasa...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-12-2015, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junduallah
i need some help and advice my problem is i do things which mad people do for example theres a pic of allah name in door i keep kissing it not once twice but 100x at same time
Wa'alaikumsalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Kissing the picture of Allah name is a rite that has no base in Qur'an or sunnah. It's considered as bidah.

My advice for you is, you should learn Islam not only from one teacher, but also from other Islamic teachers.

Abdul Fattah
07-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Aselam aleykum
I think the first step is that you have to accept that no matter how hard you try, you'll never be perfect. But that's ok. Allah subhana wa 'atala doesn't expect you to be something which is impossible.
If you don't accept your own imperfection, Shaytan will try and use this against you. Of course accepting your imperfection doesn't mean you can lay back and take it easy. What's important is that you try to do your best, but that you realize that you won't be held responsible for what is beyond your capabilities.

The second step, is to get some perspective on things, here's a radical concept of which I'm sure many members here will disagree:
- We're here on earth to be tested (so far all muslims will agree). But the test is not how well we can implement the rules in our life.
Haram and Halal, fard ans sunnah, they are not the test. Instead they are part of the guidelines that will help us with the test.
The real test is, wheter we're a good or bad person, how we deal with others, and so on.
So stop stressing out on wheter or not you used the perfect words in your dua, and focus on ichlaas instead. Or when your are distracted during prayer, just use the prostration of forgetfullness and accept that Allah subhana wa ta'ala has made things easy for us, so don't make it hard.

PS: I also second what ardianto said, be carefull with teachers, and kissing the name of Allah is not of the sunnah

Signor
07-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Waalikum Assalaam

Good to see you back again.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
The second step, is to get some perspective on things, here's a radical concept of which I'm sure many members here will disagree:
- We're here on earth to be tested (so far all muslims will agree). But the test is not how well we can implement the rules in our life.
Haram and Halal, fard ans sunnah, they are not the test. Instead they are part of the guidelines that will help us with the test.
The real test is, wheter we're a good or bad person, how we deal with others, and so on.
How can anyone disagree with what you said,it is the crux of the matter.You mentioned Halaal and they say we are what we eat,Right?Ever heard of Hashashin,the real assassins,they had wild cats on the menu to make them more blood thirsty?What we are told to eat?Peaceful grazing animals when we talk about meat,so what will be the effect?

As Jac Vanek said:

You are the books you read, the films you watch, the music you listen to, the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these. You are the sound of the ocean, the breath of fresh air, the brightest light and the darkest corner.You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life. You are every single second of every single day. So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence. Let the words run through your veins and let the colors fill your mind until there is nothing left to do but explode. There are no wrong answers. Inspiration is everything. Sit back, relax, and take it all in.Now, go out and create something.

And Islam guides us on every walk of life....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
07-16-2015, 12:22 AM
Aselam aleykum Signor
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Waalikum Assalaam
How can anyone disagree with what you said,it is the crux of the matter.
I hope you are not underestimating Muslims capability of disagreeing with one another? I mean, if there's one thing we're good at... :p

Scimitar
07-16-2015, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Confucius said:

You are the books you read, the films you watch,
Confucius had TV? :D

Scimi

Signor
07-16-2015, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
I hope you are not underestimating Muslims capability of disagreeing with one another? I mean, if there's one thing we're good at...
I believe it is more of human capability to disagree over things than Muslims.Would that be not the case you will not find thousands of churches across the Europe and America preaching their interpretation of doctrine.

Signor
07-16-2015, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Confucius had TV?
On goodreads.com,this saying was attributed to Jac Vanek.Good catch!I should've think about it before posting.

Honestly,it doesn't matter(other than relating to Islam) who said it but what has been said.

Scimitar
07-16-2015, 12:45 AM
TV is such a tool for indoctrination.

Very rarely do we actually get taught anything of any real value - documentaries rarely give us truth, and only a side of truth which supports an agenda to mislead and misinform the masses. We gotta keep our minds sharp and our hearts on guard when we watch them, so we can filter the beneficial knowledge and separate that which is irrelevant to us as Muslims.

Same can be said for anything to be honest.

Scimi

Moshy
07-16-2015, 07:32 AM
You dont have to repeat the dua if you think you've done it incorrectly. Allah is All-Knowing and most Merciful, Allah knows what is your niyyah and what you mean to say.

“My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641).

Kissing Allah's name is not in Sunnah and is Bidah. I'd rather not do what is not ordered in the Quran or Sunnah.

soheil1
07-16-2015, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wa'alaikumsalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Kissing the picture of Allah name is a rite that has no base in Qur'an or sunnah. It's considered as bidah.

My advice for you is, you should learn Islam not only from one teacher, but also from other Islamic teachers.
I guess Salafi brothers go and say whatever was not sunnah is Bid'ah, right

soheil1
07-16-2015, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junduallah
assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

i know if we 1 time its ok but i think if u keep doing it in 1 sec

its not good idk i need help also for example whenever i pray i make dua and if i wrongly say some word wrong i say this dua allah not accept things like this idk i like whenever i do dua i say oh i didnt nake it correct lets make again then again
You are right in trying to repeat a wrong cited supplication. Try to state it rightly. Just it should not reach the level of Waswas for you should then stop that, which is forbidden for you to repeat.
i do same mistake and i keep repeating this over and over again
i jnow its like mad ppl do and i want to change this habbit when ever i kiss good things for example allah name my mind say keep kissing its haram if u kiss just one time i know it not its just me and its wrong but i some help and advice from u my brothers and i do pray and also get waswasa i need help and advice so i change this habbit and dua for waswasa...
Think about what;s the difference between kissing it once or one hundred times. It's not haraam to kiss once if you have the love for it.

Scimitar
07-16-2015, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by soheil1
I guess Salafi brothers go and say whatever was not sunnah is Bid'ah, right
I guess you think you're some sort of smart *** eh?

Listen, the hajar aswad is only a stone, and had Umar RA not seen the Prophet pbuh do it, he himself would not have done it - there is a well known hadeeth about it.

We glorify Allah's name with our dhikr, not with kisses. Find me one instance other than the sunnah of the prophet pbuh kissing the hajar aswad where kissing an inanimate object was glorifying Allah's name - because you can't.

This tradition is not Islamic, it is cultural and unique to south Asian people. You are nothing but someone who likes to categorize people you know nothing about into sects based simply on what they say? get a life man.

Scimi

soheil1
07-16-2015, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I guess you think you're some sort of smart *** eh?

Listen, the hajar aswad is only a stone, and had Umar RA not seen the Prophet pbuh do it, he himself would not have done it - there is a well known hadeeth about it.

We glorify Allah's name with our dhikr, not with kisses. Find me one instance other than the sunnah of the prophet pbuh kissing the hajar aswad where kissing an inanimate object was glorifying Allah's name - because you can't.

This tradition is not Islamic, it is cultural and unique to south Asian people. You are nothing but someone who likes to categorize people you know nothing about into sects based simply on what they say? get a life man.

Scimi
It smelled like a salafi fatwa, since Ibn taymiye said that.

When you kiss an Ayah (=a sign of God's power), be it astoneor a paper doesn't make a difference.
The fact that it is part of a culture doesn't make that a Bid'ah. Bid'ah is invention in Islam, not something new in cultures, which are quite dynamic.

Scimitar
07-16-2015, 12:12 PM
this reasoning you employ sounds like an excuse, bro.

Kiss all you want. I won't.

And I'm no salafi. While you are sectarian.

Ibn Taymiyyah was one of the greatest scholars of Islam, while - you - are a nobody, on a forum. What qualifies you to dismiss his understanding? eh? get off your high horse and learn to respect those who have attained knowledge and understanding by the will of Allah.

Scimi

sister herb
07-16-2015, 01:15 PM
It seems that OP is suffering about some kind of obsession if he feels that he has to do something (like kissing the picture of name of Allah) or repeat prayers and duas several times. Do you feel strong anxiety if you don´t kiss that picture of name at all or if you read your dua only once? If yes, you might get help from the doctor. Or have you tried to remove that pic of Allah name away from the door? How would you feel or do then?

umairlooms
08-13-2015, 10:02 AM
this is a case of OCD
i suggest you see a muslim mental health professional

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!