/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with depression !

roohi7
07-13-2015, 06:23 AM
Assalamolaikum dear readers !

I feel very lonely and disconnected with the worldly things. I have strong Imaan and faith Alhamdulillah.

My main concern is that i am very much isolated from duniya ( people). I feel that we are living and making terms with so called people but there's no real essence of relationship. I get dragged away when i see people meeting me with means. I am unable to find real and selfless relationship and that is making me aloof.

I am always absent mentally when in a gathering or social get togethers. I know this way i will not be able to live a lively life.

When i am alone i listen to Quran with translation. I read hadees as well. That keeps me attached. But rest of the time i am alone.

Help me with your feedback as how should i bring back liveliness in me !

Thanks/Jazakallah !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
07-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Yes almost everybody is materialistic and selfish these days. But you can find religious people who aren't. So if you find good people, attach yourself to them otherwise don't get too close or they might influence you. But don't remain alone because that can cause depression. Do dawah when you can. It can uplift you.

roohi7
07-13-2015, 08:55 PM
You are so right. Jazakallah sis.

Eric H
07-14-2015, 04:34 AM
Greetings and peace be with you roohi7; and welcome to the forum;

I have strong Imaan and faith Alhamdulillah.

When i am alone i listen to Quran with translation. I read hadees as well. That keeps me attached. But rest of the time i am alone.
It sounds as if you have the right intentions, if there are opportunities to volunteer and help people, this can be fulfilling in your life.

I am always absent mentally when in a gathering or social get togethers. I know this way i will not be able to live a lively life.
I am only 66, and I can relate to that, perseverance and patience are needed to keep doing the right thing, Allah works in his time, not ours. Pray for other people.

Blessings and peace be with you,

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lady A
07-15-2015, 04:23 AM
:wa:

I'm sorry to know you're struggling with depression and building meaningful relationships with others. I don't know what advice to give you that will help, but I can give you tips. I hope you find peace, Ameen.

• Call a depression hotline
  • Seek counseling
  • Teach sunday school
  • Volunteer at a homeless shelter
  • Join a Quran study circle
  • Volunteer at masjid events

Be a part of social activities that you have an interest in. That way you'll be surrounded with people that have the same interest in you, and inshaAllah can find true friendship.

You've joined this forum, and inshaAllah you will meet many great people! There's tons to do here, play word games, share stories, study Islam, discuss articles, share recipes, etc. Consider me your friend! :sunny:

roohi7
07-15-2015, 05:14 AM
[emoji106][emoji4]

roohi7
07-15-2015, 05:15 AM
Jazakallah

Abdul Fattah
07-16-2015, 12:02 AM
Asela aleykum,
The difference between a depression and the regular 'ups and downs', is that a depression always has an underlying cause. There are many coping mechanisms on how to deal with the feelings of depression, but understanding why you are depressed is an important part of the puzzle. So my advice would be to seek professional help rather then relying on the whimsical advice we might be able to give you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!