/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Global Fatihah Recitation & Dua

strivingobserver98
07-14-2015, 02:52 AM
Forwarded message [emoji652]️

The Muslim world is in a period of great tribulations. The lives of many have been devastated due to wars and civil unrest - Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and others. Their homes, properties and cities have been destroyed, i.e. practically their civilization. Some are being persecuted, like the Rohinyas in Myanmar. As a result many have been displaced as refugees in other lands.

We call upon Muslims all over the world to recite the surah Al-Fatihah and make a Global Grand Du’a, in UNION, on Thursday, 16th July 2015 (29th Ramadan) at exactly 12pm Mecca time. This is equivalent to

• 10am London
• 5pm Kuala Lumpur and Manila
• 4pm Jakarta and Bangkok
• 2.30pm India
• 6pm Tokyo
• 3pm Astana
• 1pm Dubai
• 11am Paris and Cairo
• 5am New York
• Please check your city time at www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Please include in your Global Grand Du’a:
• Unity of the Muslim world
• End to all wars and persecutions
• Peace and Prosperity for Muslims and all humanity

Please share this thread to as many people as possible and translate the message into other languages. May the Mercy of Allah descend upon you. Amīn.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lady A
07-15-2015, 03:00 AM

Muhammad
07-15-2015, 03:35 AM
:salamext:

Before considering such actions we should ask, where is the basis in Islam for reciting surah Al-Fatihah in unison or calling people to make du'a in unison in the manner suggested in the message? Many tribulations and struggles - even great battles - were faced by the Prophet :saws: and his Companions. Did they ever do such actions to seek Allaah's help? All goodness is in following the earlier generations and all evil is in following innovations introduced by those who came after them. There are already 'global' du'as being made virtually every night of Ramadhan as Muslims supplicate for all of the Ummah. We also heed the special times and circumstances for making du'a as prescribed in the Sunnah, such as in the last third of the night, at the time of opening the fast, in sujood and so on. I do not know why we need to make a new time for a 'global du'a'.

Before forwarding any such messages we should stop and think. And quite often the best thing is to delete them.

Muhaba
07-15-2015, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
:salamext:

Before considering such actions we should ask, where is the basis in Islam for reciting surah Al-Fatihah in unison or calling people to make du'a in unison in the manner suggested in the message? Many tribulations and struggles - even great battles - were faced by the Prophet :saws: and his Companions. Did they ever do such actions to seek Allaah's help? All goodness is in following the earlier generations and all evil is in following innovations introduced by those who came after them. There are already 'global' du'as being made virtually every night of Ramadhan as Muslims supplicate for all of the Ummah. We also heed the special times and circumstances for making du'a as prescribed in the Sunnah, such as in the last third of the night, at the time of opening the fast, in sujood and so on. I do not know why we need to make a new time for a 'global du'a'.

Before forwarding any such messages we should stop and think. And quite often the best thing is to delete them.
Nothing wrong with making collective dua brother. The more the better. Surah Al Fatiha is read in many places and we ask Allah to accept the duas because of it. I don't know if it's a mutawatar practice. it's done in many Muslim countries. surely there is some basis for it. Allaho a'lum
Zikr should be done a lot as Allah says in 8:45: ((...and remember Allah much that you may be successful.))

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Assalamualaikum

When I was younger I have ever met an Islamic teacher who often organized dua in congregation. I asked him what is the purpose of dua in congregation?. And he answer "If we make dua personally, then our dua have only small power. But if we make dua together at the same time, then our dua will merge into a unity that have big power. So, Allah will listen to us".

From my knowledge, this logic has no base. Probably the person who has the idea to create the message above has same logic. That's why he ask Muslims to make dua at the same time, at 12pm Makkah time.

Making dua in congregation is not bid'ah. But the logic like I've mentioned can cause bad effect for aqeedah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!