/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sharia law?

SaladinAbdullah
07-15-2015, 05:21 PM
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful

Selam Alekum

For the first time in my life I read the whole Holy Quran for a few days, Elhamdulilla

And I have to say that I did not found anything about or with the name 'shari law'
mention in the Holy Quran.
So I have to ask why are many talking about sharia law?, what is this sharia law? and
were did it came from?

Ma Selam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Assalamualaikum.

Sharia itself means "law" or "rule" or also "ordained way" like mentioned in Qur'an 45:18.

"tsumma ja'alnaaka 'alaa sharii'atin mina al-amri faittabi'haa walaa tattabi' ahwaa-a alladziina laa ya'lamuuna"

(Then We put you, [O Muhammad], on an ordained way concerning the matter [of religion]; so follow it and do not follow the inclinations of those who do not know)

SaladinAbdullah
07-15-2015, 08:16 PM
If I translate directly to english from the Holy Quran that I have been reading, it will look like this:

We then appointed you to establish the correct laws; you
must comply with this, and do not follow the wishes of those who do not know. o

So if I understand this Hadith correct it means that we should obey Allahs law = The Holy Quran
and this is the way it should be for us Muslims.
And now that I know that shari means law I think its very wired that people say: Muslims follows the sharia law.
If we translate this now it means: Muslims follows the law law, seriously how wired does that not sound? its ok if non Muslims say this becuase they dont have enough of knowledge of Islam but sometimes I have even heard Muslims saying: we follow the sharia law (we follow the law law) ^o)
Should it not be pronounced more like: We Muslims follows the law of the Holy Quran?

Abz2000
07-15-2015, 09:26 PM
The Quran and Sunnah,

But aren't we almost unfazed by now?

I used to find it amazing that people perceived a difference between way of life (deen) and way of life, which they somehow imagined to be "religion" and "law".
Allah clearly tells us in the Quran that the laws made by governments are also called "deen" ("religion") in surah yusuf. Deen al malik.
Like sort of "no gourd but gw bush and tony blr is his profit".

i can perceive why a malicious reporter may want to stick to the foreign sounding terms, especially when they've invested so much time into making them sound alarming. Best part about it is that they help in the process of setting it apart so that when an intelligent person does research, they don't see it as part of the common lot.

Smile :D it's Sunnah!!! And sunnah is part of shariah :D so smilers are fundamentalists, islamists, radicals, nut jobs.
If you're "struggling" to make sense of it then you must be a "jeehadi" too. (something they used to ask at u.s airports lol - do u believe in jeehad?".

Feel like saying "nonesense" ;) but an old man got arrested under the terrurism act for saying that when walking out of a tony blair speech.

Sounds orwellian lol,
dunno why this thread lightened my mood today but it somehow did.
Always a reason

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
07-16-2015, 06:48 AM
If there was no interpretation......how would you be graded during judgement?
It's not high school where you just have to get the answers right and nothing more, every intention and motivation is delved into and taken into account along with abilities and handicaps.

Shara'a lakum fi ad-deen.......

Sahih International
He has ordained for you of religion what He enjoined upon Noah and that which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what We enjoined upon Abraham and Moses and Jesus - to establish the religion and not be divided therein. Difficult for those who associate others with Allah is that to which you invite them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills and guides to Himself whoever turns back [to Him].

Muhsin Khan
He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islam) which He ordained for Nuh (Noah), and that which We have inspired in you (O Muhammad SAW), and that which We ordained for Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus) saying you should establish religion (i.e. to do what it orders you to do practically), and make no divisions in it (religion) (i.e. various sects in religion). Intolerable for the Mushrikun , is that to which you (O Muhammad SAW) call them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills, and guides unto Himself who turns to Him in repentance and in obedience.

Pickthall
He hath ordained for you that religion which He commended unto Noah, and that which We inspire in thee (Muhammad), and that which We commended unto Abraham and Moses and Jesus, saying: Establish the religion, and be not divided therein. Dreadful for the idolaters is that unto which thou callest them. Allah chooseth for Himself whom He will, and guideth unto Himself him who turneth (toward Him).

Yusuf Ali
The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him).

Shakir
He has made plain to you of the religion what He enjoined upon Nuh and that which We have revealed to you and that which We enjoined upon Ibrahim and Musa and Isa that keep to obedience and be not divided therein; hard to the unbelievers is that which you call them to; Allah chooses for Himself whom He pleases, and guides to Himself him who turns (to Him), frequently.Dr.

Ghali
He has legislated for you as the religion what He enjoined on Nuh, (Noah) and that which We have revealed to you, (The Prophet) and what We have enjoined on Ibrahim and Musa and Isa (Abraham, Moses and Jesus, respectively) (saying), "Keep up the religion and do not be disunited therein." Greatly (detested) to the associators (i.e., those who associate others with Allah) is that to which you call them. Allah selects to Himself whomever He decides and guides to Himself whomever turns penitent.

Quran 42:13

So let's interpret sincerely and truthfully.
Coz when you think you're deceiving Allah and those who have believed - you are deceiving none but yourself, though you perceive it not.

Btw, of course there were rules created by the prophet pbuh - isn't that obvious to any who cares to look?

SaladinAbdullah
07-16-2015, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000

Smile :D it's Sunnah!!! And sunnah is part of shariah :D so smilers are fundamentalists, islamists, radicals, nut jobs.
If you're "struggling" to make sense of it then you must be a "jeehadi" too. (something they used to ask at u.s airports lol - do u believe in jeehad?".

Feel like saying "nonesense" ;) but an old man got arrested under the terrurism act for saying that when walking out of a tony blair speech.

Sounds orwellian lol,
dunno why this thread lightened my mood today but it somehow did.
Always a reason
;D SuphanAllah brother the government of USA is exaggerating so much today, May Allah guide them, Amin.

I think theres a lot of people that're unfazed when it comes to using the term, sharia law,
both Muslims and of course many more non Muslims thanks to the mainstream media worldwide.
The mainstream media is a very dangerous weapon for the people with lack of knowledge.
I mean even I as a Muslim was pretty confused when I heard this term, sharia law on the tv, out in the streets and so on.
Because there was so many diffrent translations to it but I thought when I read the Holy Quran I'll find
the right translation to it. Now thanks to brother (ardianto) I know that sharia means
law, or rule, or ordained way and I dont think its proper to take one word from the Holy Quran and
translate it to something else and make it sound like it is its own book with special laws or as if the
Holy Quran would have a surah named sharia law.
Because this is what it sound like today when you hear about the sharia law, as if theres a surah in the
Holy Quran about this law or theres another book named sharia law were it specifys its laws.
Lets study these translation words and see if we can find a simple meaning behind them.
If we use these three words ''law'', ''rule'' and ''ordanied way'' from the term ''sharia law''.
And lets try to understand this in a simple way:
sharia law = the law of law = very confusing
sharia law = the law of rule = OK to undetstnad
sharia law = the law of the ordanied way = OK to understand
Now we have two words that sounds understandable, but if someone ask you:
what law of rule or law of the ordanied way are you talking about?
Then you answer: The law/way of Allah, The Holy Quran, The Islamic Monotheism.
Now it gets interesting, someone ask another question:

why are you saying (sharia law) when your talking about Islam,
when the term it self ''shari law'' does not include the word Allah, The Holy Quran or Islam?
Then you answer: yes but I mean The law/way of Allah, The Holy Quran, The Islamic Monotheism.
Another question:
Why not just say ''Sharia Islam = The law/way of Allah, The Holy Quran, The Islamic Monotheism''
so that people can understand about who's laws your talking abou?
You can see why this is confusing, its like if I would say green color but I actually mean blue color, how are someone
supposed to know that I mean blue color when I say green color?

SaladinAbdullah
07-16-2015, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms
deleted post
OK brother, so this sharia law has nothing to do with The Holy Quran ok, I get it now it was created later on.
So what year was this created? What laws does it include? Is this a book or what?

Muhammad
07-16-2015, 08:01 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by SaladinAbdullah
OK brother, so this sharia law has nothing to do with The Holy Quran ok, I get it now it was created later on.
So what year was this created? What laws does it include? Is this a book or what?
No, this is totally incorrect. The Shariah is based upon the Qur'an and Sunnah. Have a look at this link:
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=84355

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!