/* */

PDA

View Full Version : understanding forgiveness ,help me please

legendaryman
07-19-2015, 08:25 AM
i am taking only about muslim here .i know forgiveness of allah required 4 conditions
if a muslim person do all sins such as gambling ,fornication ,not obeying parents, eating riba ,alcohol ,and all other major sins till the age of 40 ,...now if he repents and turn towards allah and he die one day without repeating any sin ,i know allah forgive all his sins ,
but here ,does allah 100% forgive all his sins .
case 2:
if the same person after 4 years of turning towards allah ,repeats the all sins and die without repents again ,how many years of sins allah take in his account 40 years or total 44 years .
case3
how this phenomenon of forgiveness differs in ramzan .
how this differs in laylatul qadr night ,do we not required that 4 conditions to be fullfilled in that night

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
07-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
Brother, i don't have a clue why you are splitting hairs on the issue when it's been made so simple.
Almost feels like you expect there to be a special calculator machine or software or something to bargain with Allah.

First of all you mentioned a Muslim's repentance - all children of Adam and jinn are equally commanded to submit to God, and all are advised to repent continiously.

O mankind! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;

Quran 2:21

Sahih International
Be patient over what they say and remember Our servant, David, the possessor of strength; indeed, he was one who repeatedly turned back [to Allah ].
Muhsin Khan
Be patient (O Muhammad SAW) of what they say, and remember Our slave Dawud (David), endued with power. Verily, he was ever oft-returning in all matters and in repentance (toward Allah).
Pickthall
Bear with what they say, and remember Our bondman David, lord of might, Lo! he was ever turning in repentance (toward Allah).

Quran 38:17

If Allah sees sincere intention to rectify one's deeds and walk aright again - none can stand between His will to forgive.
It's also not just a question of being forgiven and then that's it, we are graded and rewarded according to intention, ignorance, effort, sincerity, sacrifice and many more factors which Allah knows best.

2. You can't calculate sins in years, one may reach the peak with one deed and reach the depths with one deed.
You may refer to the story of barseesah the 'abid from bani israil to ponder on the evil ending.

3. I'll leave that to someone who knows more.
If you've ever played mario bros you'll know that when you get certain bubbles the speed of ring accumulation increases and with certain other bubbles the points get multiplied manifold (what an age we live in :) )

If you're concerned about a slate totally clear of sins, then know that acceptance of Islam does away with past sins, hijrah feesabeelillah does away with past sins, and continious jihad in the path of Allah does away with past sins.

يَوْمَ يَجْمَعُ اللّهُ الرُّسُلَ فَيَقُولُ مَاذَا أُجِبْتُمْ قَالُواْ لاَ عِلْمَ لَنَا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوبِ
On the day when God will bring all the Messengers together and ask them, "What was the response you received?" They will reply, "We have no knowledge. You are the only One who has knowledge of the unseen."

Quran 5:109

إِن تُعَذِّبْهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ عِبَادُكَ وَإِن تَغْفِرْ لَهُمْ فَإِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ
"If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."

Quran 5:118

sister herb
07-19-2015, 10:33 AM
I was wondering the age 40 in your question. Here is something about it:

When someone dies under the age of 40, will he go to Paradise?

http://islamqa.info/en/7480

legendaryman
07-19-2015, 02:16 PM
i know the mercy of allah is far grater but i just want to know ,some people repeated sin and repeat again and ask forgiveness again

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
07-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Repeatedly Committing a Sin and Repenting from it

For how long does Allah forgive a person’s sin? If he repents and seeks forgiveness from his sin, then goes and commits the same sin again, then he seeks forgiveness again then commits the same sin again, and so on – does Allah forgive him or does that mean that he is not sincere towards Allah, especially if he repeats that sin after a short while, but he does not stop seeking forgiveness?

http://islamqa.info/en/45887

Also:

http://islamqa.info/en/9231

legendaryman
07-19-2015, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Repeatedly Committing a Sin and Repenting from it

For how long does Allah forgive a person’s sin? If he repents and seeks forgiveness from his sin, then goes and commits the same sin again, then he seeks forgiveness again then commits the same sin again, and so on – does Allah forgive him or does that mean that he is not sincere towards Allah, especially if he repeats that sin after a short while, but he does not stop seeking forgiveness?

http://islamqa.info/en/45887

Also:

http://islamqa.info/en/9231
i already know that ,allah forgive his slaves ,when some ask but what about if death comes to him ,in the way as i asked above ,...it would be better if any one could any local schoolar on my behalf .

Karl
07-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Who knows? Your soul will be weighed on judgement day. If you are being good only to be a sycophant to Allah and your heart is really full of hate and avarice and you are truly evil, you will be cast into the pit with others of your ilk. Paradise wouldn't be paradise if evil was let in.

legendaryman
07-20-2015, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
If you are being good only to be a sycophant to Allah
for that thing ,allah already said in quran "
Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!
"

greenhill
07-20-2015, 01:42 PM
I came across this website on the matter. A bit long to cut and paste. Hope it works.

http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/islamicways/id4.html

But it does end with sincere repentance and not repeating it.

The point is, 1) don't ever despair of Allah's mercy (and always be grateful) 2) always seek forgiveness (even if it is a repeat offence). Acknowledge that we are week but we try. And keep trying. In syaa Allah one day we will be successful, rather than despair, negativity and gain no profit for the hereafter.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!