/* */

PDA

View Full Version : am loosing my iman

muslimrose
07-21-2015, 04:58 PM
i am feeling really down i have a personality disorder and physical health issues and now the doctor is testing me for liver and thyroid problems.. i havent prayed my salah and im scared in case allaah swt is angry at me..i feel lost because there is no muslim community or mosque near where i live and living alone is awfull when there is no one to talk too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
07-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Salam alaykum

Your situation sounds very similar (no muslim community near) like mine when I reverted to Islam about 20 years ago. No muslims in my city, the nearest mosque was too far from me to visit, nó muslim friends, no interenet and these forums at that time.

I waited over 10 years and finally more muslims moved to area. But also I found some nice islamic forums (like this one) were I can share my thoughts and find muslim friends. I wish you too can find some good friends from here and can share your ideas with them. Ok, its just only computer but it´s better than nothing.

:statisfie

I make dua that you will also find muslim friends from your place at some day. Until that, I hope you will enjoy your stay here with us.

muslimrose
07-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Salaam sister herb i am most greatfull for your reply..yes i hope i can make some friends here

jameelash
07-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Welcome sister

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
07-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu Rose,

(smile) We can't give you a physical hug, but we can give you electronic ones…!

Welcome to this forum. (smile) And look into those thyroid and liver issues. It's amazing how our health can impact on our mood.

(smile) We all have bad Salat days, my dear. (laugh) And bad behaviour days! But you know what…? If you turn to Allah in sincere repentance… He is so Loving and Kind and Forgiving…. (smile) So please don't despair. God Loves those who repent and turn to Him. Really, a good part of the reason for this life is so that we can have opportunities to turn to Him…

(smile) So it sounds like He's Gifted you with opportunities!

May God, the Compassionate, Enfold you in His Care.

muslimrose
07-22-2015, 09:30 PM
salaam sis musliminshallaah thank you for your kind words and dua..i recieved my test results my thyroid was ok but liver enzymes and cholestrol is high..but im on a lot of medication so it could be putting my liver under stress

BeTheChange
07-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Asalamualykum,

May Allah swt help you pass your current and future tests Ameen.

If i was you i would try and tackle the problems that i have control of.

For example, increasing or starting to exercise on a daily basis, changing your diet, making an effort to build friendship with good people and so on. Exercise really does have a positive effect on us.

Regarding the salaah's you have missed, with every current salaah you perform make up for the ones you have missed as well. So for example, fajar salaah perform your obligatory salaah and then pray fajar again for the one that you missed and continue to do this for the amount of years you have missed.

There's a difference of opinion on whether Allah swt will accept the 'qaza/missed' salaah's, but make an effort and in sha Allah, your prayers will be accepted. Never lose hope. If you lose hope you won't be able to carry on with life. Everything starts with your attitude and perception. Start thinking positively and this in turn, will put you in a positive mood and mindset. Start believing in yourself.

I would strongly recommend you to read this excellent article >> http://islamqa.info/en/71236

Preview

Calamities and disasters are a test, and they are a sign of Allaah’s love for a person, because they are like medicine: even though it is bitter, despite its bitterness you give it to the one whom you love – and for Allaah is the highest description. In the saheeh hadeeth it says: “The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in

Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

To address your loneliness why don't you start doing the activities you enjoy doing? Maybe take some volunteering work that may interest you? Go for long walks? Read Quraan? Help your neighbour?

There's so much to do.

He who is alone has Allah swt.
Sometimes we are physically seen to be alone but if we engage in zikar and remember Allah swt we are never alone. Am sure you would agree remembering Allah swt is far greater than being with a million friends. Remembering Allah swt will save us. Friends can only save us to a certain extent.

You may find the below article to be of interest to you In sha Allah. You can also search for other medical problems as well. It's very a useful website.

Can diet lower my cholesterol level?

Changing from an unhealthy diet to a healthy diet can reduce a cholesterol level. However, dietary changes alone rarely lower a cholesterol level enough to change a person's risk of cardiovascular disease from a high-risk category to a lower-risk category. However, any extra reduction in cholesterol due to diet will help. A healthy diet has other benefits too apart from reducing the level of cholesterol.

Please visit this website >>> http://patient.info/health/cholesterol

Patient was first launched in 1997 by PiP (Patient information Publications) as a directory of websites which provided information on health, disease and related issues. PiP is a partnership between Dr Tim Kenny and Dr Beverley Kenny, who were GPs with over 15 years’ experience in Tyne and Wear, England and who had a particular interest in writing and providing evidence-based patient information.

Another website which is packed with information is >> http://www.nhs.uk/Pages/HomePage.aspx

The above link is a government website and extremely useful.

May Allah swt help you overcome negative emotions and allow space for positive ones Ameen.

Lady A
07-24-2015, 04:55 AM
:sl:

I ditto what other sisters have said above. You're not alone, we're all in this together. Here are some things you can do for health and deen:

• Exercise 30 min - 1 hour three days a week
  • Set alarms/reminders on your phone per salaat
  • Join Twitter, Instagram etc for Daily Islamic Reminders
  • Start a diary/journal of thoughts, emotions, inspiration, goals, etc
  • Start your own thread of goals right here on IB, we'll be your cheerleaders!
  • Read an inspirational book

Hope that helped. Just start small...like the saying goes, a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!