View Full Version : Question about eyebrows

CalmIslam
07-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Is Drawing In Your Eyebrows Haraam ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
07-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) The problem is more the removing of the eyebrows in the first place, and then penciling in eyebrows, for beautification purposes (see the hadith below). I have read that this was a practice of the prostitutes in the Prophet's (SAWS) time.

If a women loses her eyebrows because of chemotherapy (for instance), I don't think it would be problematic for her to pencil them back in, in order to regain the use of her eyebrows (we use them while communicating, as well as they look usual).

(smile) At least, this is my understanding. But really, only Allah truly Knows.

I hope this helps.

May Allah, the Fashioner of Forms, Help us to be grateful for the forms He has Gifted us with.

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those women who have themselves tattooed, and those women who get their hair removed from their eyebrows and faces (except the beard and the mustache), and those who make artificial spaces between their teeth for beauty, whereby they change Allah's creation. A woman started to argue with him, saying: "What is all this?" He replied: "Why should I not curse those whom the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) cursed and who are cursed in Allah's Book? Allah, the Exalted, has said in His Book:

"And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad (ﷺ)) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)." (59:7)

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

وعن ابن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ لعن الله الواشمات والمستوشمات والمتنمصات والمتفلجات بالحسن، المغيرات خلق الله‏!‏ فقالت له امرأة في ذلك فقال‏:‏ وما لي لا ألعن من لعنه رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وهو في كتاب الله‏؟‏‏!‏ قال الله تعالى‏:‏ ‏{‏وما آتاكم الرسول فخذوه وما نهاكم عنه فانتهوا‏}‏ ‏(‏‏(‏الحشر‏:‏7‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference : Book 18, Hadith 135
Arabic/English book reference : Book 18, Hadith 1645

CalmIslam
07-21-2015, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) The problem is more the removing of the eyebrows in the first place, and then penciling in eyebrows, for beautification purposes (see the hadith below). I have read that this was a practice of the prostitutes in the Prophet's (SAWS) time.

If a women loses her eyebrows because of chemotherapy (for instance), I don't think it would be problematic for her to pencil them back in, in order to regain the use of her eyebrows (we use them while communicating, as well as they look usual).

(smile) At least, this is my understanding. But really, only Allah truly Knows.

I hope this helps.

May Allah, the Fashioner of Forms, Help us to be grateful for the forms He has Gifted us with.

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those women who have themselves tattooed, and those women who get their hair removed from their eyebrows and faces (except the beard and the mustache), and those who make artificial spaces between their teeth for beauty, whereby they change Allah's creation. A woman started to argue with him, saying: "What is all this?" He replied: "Why should I not curse those whom the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) cursed and who are cursed in Allah's Book? Allah, the Exalted, has said in His Book:

"And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad (ﷺ)) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)." (59:7)

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

وعن ابن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ لعن الله الواشمات والمستوشمات والمتنمصات والمتفلجات بالحسن، المغيرات خلق الله‏!‏ فقالت له امرأة في ذلك فقال‏:‏ وما لي لا ألعن من لعنه رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وهو في كتاب الله‏؟‏‏!‏ قال الله تعالى‏:‏ ‏{‏وما آتاكم الرسول فخذوه وما نهاكم عنه فانتهوا‏}‏ ‏(‏‏(‏الحشر‏:‏7‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference : Book 18, Hadith 135
Arabic/English book reference : Book 18, Hadith 1645

Okay but what if you're not removing ANY hair but just coloring them in

MuslimInshallah
07-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Asha,

Mmm… what is it exactly you want to do, and what is your purpose? (smile) I think this line of questioning is basically along the same lines as your questions on make-up… (smile) And my answer would be the same: it depends on your purpose, your effect on others (that are perhaps unintended, but which exist nevertheless) and your particular circumstances. You are going to have to sincerely ask yourself whether what you are doing is appropriate and something you feel ok with before God.

May Allah Strengthen and Guide you in your decision making.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CalmIslam
07-21-2015, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum Asha,

Mmm… what is it exactly you want to do, and what is your purpose? (smile) I think this line of questioning is basically along the same lines as your questions on make-up… (smile) And my answer would be the same: it depends on your purpose, your effect on others (that are perhaps unintended, but which exist nevertheless) and your particular circumstances. You are going to have to sincerely ask yourself whether what you are doing is appropriate and something you feel ok with before God.

May Allah Strengthen and Guide you in your decision making.
My purpose is to make myself feel good it's all within a person intentions Allah judges on & my intentions aren't to tempt anyone Salaam [emoji119]🏾

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!