/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why am i goin through this!?

Aaqib
07-29-2015, 09:07 PM
from time to time I keep going through this phase where I start feeling like I'm loosing my faith and keep thinking Islam's fake.
I know it's not... I tell myself all the time that Allah is the truth, Islam is the best way of life and is the religion of god, and this is all a dunya for a test. And I supply myself with reasons.

Then I pray for me to get out of this phase and then I'm good, but then it happens again like two days later.
I feel like I'm a good muslim, I pray, I recite more than usual (and memorize quran), I say duas, I always keep in mind what I'm doing so Allah's not mad at me.

Why the heck am I going through this? Is this a trial or me being a dog to Shaytan? I'm sick of this and I fear the worst could happen years to come.
Why is Allah doing this to me? Letting me be like this (it hurts to type this)...

I want Allah to love me, I can't have fun on this world if I am a bad servant to my lord, please I need answers...

(sorry ik my recent topics are like this, but this is a place to help each other, right?)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mays
07-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Salam,

Hang on in there. This is a test for you (stating the obvious - sorry)
Remember it is only Shaytan who wants you to lose the struggle/fight/test.

Have you read the story of Prophet Ayoob (as) - if not, please do. It may help your situation, insha'Allah.
All the best.

Aaqib
07-31-2015, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mays
Salam,

Hang on in there. This is a test for you (stating the obvious - sorry)
Remember it is only Shaytan who wants you to lose the struggle/fight/test.

Have you read the story of Prophet Ayoob (as) - if not, please do. It may help your situation, insha'Allah.
All the best.
I had a hunch it was a test and not myself going nuts, it's fine.
And will sure do

greenhill
08-01-2015, 10:13 AM
If you can reason, you're not nuts. You might be if you can't. Does not necessarily mean it is wrong though.

Whatever.

But just had a thought, does the test happen only to those with iman? After all, why would the devil waste his time tempting those who already stray?

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lady A
08-01-2015, 07:19 PM
:sl:

I'm sorry to know you're going through a turbulent time in your Iman! Why not keep a journal to document your thoughts? What helped me secure my belief in Islam was watching debates on Islam vs other religions and atheism. I watched them all on YouTube. I briefly looked into Christianity and other religions and in the end I came running back to Islam. While I wouldn't want to advise someone weak in their Iman to look into other religions, I would advise you to secure the fundamentals of your faith. You're memorizing the Quran. Use Nouman Ali Khan's lectures in conjunction. He teaches the info to an average American youth...and that's you! I'm sure you will like them.

Umm Abed
08-03-2015, 04:40 PM
This is whisperings of the satan the accursed. Tell yourself you dont need any reason to believe in the truth, in that way the waswasa will go away, also try ignoring these troublesome thoughts.

Read sura Naas and ta'awwudh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!