/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Once in a blue moon...

Lady A
07-31-2015, 06:41 PM
:sl:

I thought a blue moon was just that...literally a blue moon! A friend sent me this link: CNN| Blue Moon. Turns out a blue moon is a 2nd full moon appearing in the same calendar month!

Enjoy moon-watching!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Something rare, an occasion that is very seldom but does happen. Interesting!

Does it say how it got termed 'blue' moon as opposed to something that would reflect 2 cycles.. ?

:peace:

greenhill
07-31-2015, 06:50 PM

Does it say how it got termed 'blue' moon as opposed to something that would reflect 2 cycles.. ?

Signor
07-31-2015, 07:11 PM
:wa:

Moons could be blue and they could be......red.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
07-31-2015, 08:01 PM
So much clouds here at the sky that its same to me even if it would be pink at this night.

:hmm:

Lady A
07-31-2015, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill

According to the article, particles in the sky, such as volcanic dust, can cause the moon to appear blue.

format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
:wa:

Moons could be blue and they could be......red.
Moons? Is there more than one? ;D The next lunar eclipse is Sept. 28, 2015! I wonder if the moon will appear red.

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
So much clouds here at the sky that its same to me even if it would be pink at this night.

:hmm:
Pink *sigh*...that would be such a pretty sight!! :statisfie

Scimitar
07-31-2015, 11:09 PM
there is no blue moon in the lunar calendar - fact :D

Scimi

Lady A
08-01-2015, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
there is no blue moon in the lunar calendar - fact :D

Scimi
lol, very clever!

czgibson
08-01-2015, 01:04 AM
Greetings,

I heard about this news on the radio tonight. It happened that I was playing a concert with a small jazz band this evening, so we felt obliged to play the jazz standard 'Blue Moon' in honour of this rare occurrence.

Peace

greenhill
08-01-2015, 03:15 AM
@czgibson Jazz band? Should have seen the connection between the name and avatar... duh!

What type of band? Quartet? Is the avatar a pic of your guitar ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!