/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does Islam Prevent AIDS?

Abz2000
08-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Does Islam Prevent AIDS?

The composed map presented by Dr Bilal Philips is brought into question by the author of the below article and the scepticism - it appears - is not totally unfounded and should be represented by any author accurately. However, seeing that a criticism has been raised, wouldn't it be proper for those presenting the criticism while having more accurate data at their disposal to present a clearer map so that we can see how the situation actually stands?
The article brings into question the sincerity of the sceptic himself in his presentation of the criticism since it isn't at all difficult for him to draw an accurate map.
There are no out of the ordinary miracles required to present an accurate map huh?
with all that said, Dr. Philips should amend his mistake and present an accurate display exactly as it is.

http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/doe...m-prevent-aids

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
benross
08-08-2015, 01:56 PM
If you want to destroy any nation without war, make adultery and nudity common in the next generation." (Sultan Salahuddin Ayyubi)

"An interesting point in case are the twin maps of Africa shown below, one of the spread of Islam, the other the spread of AIDS. The contrast is striking – where one occurs, the other is absent.For this purports to be objective proof that Islam and AIDS occupy opposite ends of the moral spectrum. Where the purity of the one true religion prevails, AIDS has no chance. And where AIDS is rampant, Islam is virtually absent."

umairlooms
08-08-2015, 03:50 PM
no map bro

czgibson
08-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms
no map bro
The maps can be found on this page, together with a detailed explanation that benross chose not to mention.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
08-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Although I believe in OPs post I feel it is still not a true reflection of Africa and the problems associated with it.

Kidnapping of girls by Muslim forces in parts... And reports thereafter of there condition and treatment lead me to be a sceptic.

...no source.

OPs answer still stands though.

Abz2000 should be all over this CIA conspiracy gone wrong!

Abz2000
08-09-2015, 02:49 PM
lol don't get confused the truth is so plain to see.
it is what it is- regardless of what you might like to falsely imagine it as or doctor it to appear as.

unless you're the type of person who likes the idea of people being threatened or tortured into making testimonies admitting to having blown up the sun while you're standing in broad daylight -that's just plain twisted and wrong.

but then, the ad hominem is the usual resort for the impotent.

M.I.A.
08-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Lol i guess your right, like I always say.

Knowledge is not power, application of knowledge is power.

Abz2000
08-09-2015, 05:41 PM
There is a huge difference between application of knowledge and wisdom, the term "application of knowledge" can have positive and negative aspects, whereas wisdom, which is the term which Allah has repeated to us is the treasure to be sought out from knowledge.

All power is Allah's, and He grants wisdom to whom He pleases.

Pygoscelis
08-10-2015, 06:49 AM
Islam may be having some effect here, but I think it has more to do with Catholicism. A lot of Catholics and Evangelical Christians have been going into these African countries and preaching against the use of condoms.

sister herb
08-10-2015, 07:50 AM
As I know, also Catholism (like islam) teach to prevent pre-marital sex as well adultery. People should listen both teachings (this and no condoms) and then they wouldn´t have to worry about AIDS. Problem comes if they are listening only "no condoms" preaching.

soheil1
08-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Islam cuts off physical contacts and so prevents may deseases

Abz2000
08-10-2015, 09:40 AM
there are often valid reasons to use condoms between spouses in a married relationship,
reading through the sahih ahadith should give you an idea about the questions regarding 'azl.
sometimes women are breastfeeding and don't want to have a baby before the completion of the weaning period,
others have situations where they're happy with the spouse but have been advised against having children due to fatal genetic defects, plus many more valid reasons.
there's trust in Allah and tying the camel,
and there's baseless fatalism without trying the halal means that Allah has provided before sitting and waiting expectant.
mutawakkilun vs mutawaakilun.

“Strap it and then rely on Allah”

Relying (al Tawakkul) on Allah is one of the highest forms of worship. It is considered a part of Allah’s monotheism.

The Relier (Al Mutawakkil) turns to Allah and no one else in collecting what he is seeking from this life (Dunia) and the hereafter, and seeks Allah’s assistance. One of the most prominent characteristic of the seventy thousand who enter paradise (Janna) without judgment is that they rely on Allah.

However, the Complacent (Al Mutawaakil) is the one who makes no effort in seeking what he wants, abandons the means, awaits the results from other people or destiny, and expects that Allah would work miracles for him.

But the important question is how do we practically practice relying on Allah in the correct way?*
The best I've heard in this regard is the expression: “Consider the means like they are everything, and then rely on Allah as though they are nothing".*
There might be only two letter difference between the words the Relier (Al Mutawakkil) and, the Complacent (Al Mutawaakil) but the fact remains that they are a world away from each other.

https://mbasic.facebook.com/SalahBuk...9/?type=1&p=40

ardianto
08-10-2015, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Islam may be having some effect here, but I think it has more to do with Catholicism. A lot of Catholics and Evangelical Christians have been going into these African countries and preaching against the use of condoms.
Do you mean countries where AIDS is spread?. If husbands at there are loyal to their wives, then the spread of AIDS through sexual intercourse could be prevented, and not using condom just make them have more children.

The cause why AIDS easily spread through sex is the habit of husbands who go to prostitutes. I will describe. A man with AIDS comes to a prostitute, and he infect AIDS to her. After this prostitute infected, she get sex with other men who come to her. AIDS will infect those men too. After those men back to their homes they get sex with their wives, and their wives will be infected by AIDS too.

umairlooms
08-11-2015, 08:57 AM
AIDs spreads due to two factors transmission through sex, fueled by
-multiple partners
-poor health related services and knowledge

In poor countries it is possible that knowledge is not present, medical tests not widely available and ofcourse a taboo against condoms.
I believe this might be the main reason for the spread of the disease so widely in Africa.
basically, poverty

Muslim countries, usually monogamous or at least limited number of sexual partners surely control the spread of the disease, but then what about the west?

hence, I would say its POVERTY + Sexual prosmuscicty

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!