/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will the residents of paradise be white colored/fair skinned?

jeffjoe
08-03-2015, 07:27 PM
I mean there is this:
Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنه) narrates that she said to the Prophet Muhammad (صلی الله علیه وسلم): "O, Messenger of Allah, are the women of this world superior or the Hoors of Paradise?" He replied: "The women of this world will have superiority over the Hoors just as the outer lining of a garment has superiority over the inner lining." Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنه) then asked: "O, Messenger of Allah, what is the reason for this?" He (صلی الله علیه وسلم) answered: "Because they performed prayer, fasted, and worshiped Allah. Allah will put light on their faces and silk on their bodies. The human women will be fair in complexion and will wear green clothing and yellow jewelry. Their incense-burners will be made of pearls and their combs will be of gold. They will say, 'We are the women who will stay forever and we will never die. We are the women who will always remain in comfort and we will never undergo difficulty. We are the women who will stay and we will never leave. Listen, we are happy women and we will never become sad. Glad tidings to those men for whom we are and who are for us.'" [Tabarani]

and this: Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) quotes the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying, “The People of Paradise will enter it (in the best form). They will be hairless (in their body). They will have moustaches, not beards. They will be white-colored and strong. Their eyelashes are darkened with kohl (eyeliner). They will be thirty-three years. They will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure), their length will be sixty cubits and their width will be seven cubits."

I found this from islamqa:

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6192) and Muslim (184).

2 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated that they will change after they are brought forth from the Fire.

It was narrated from Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said of the Jahannamiyyoon (those who had been in Hell) that they “would be brought forth from the Fire after having been in it. They will come out as if they are branches of sesame. Then they will go into one of the rivers of Paradise, where they will wash themselves, then they will emerge like sheets of paper.”

Narrated by Muslim (191).

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The word sesame refers to the well-known sesame from which sesame oil is extracted. Imam Abu’l-Sa’aadaat al-Mubaarak ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Jazari, who is known as Ibn al-Atheer (may Allaah have mercy on him), said: What it means – and Allaah knows best – is that if the branches of sesame are gathered and left in the sun so that their seeds may be collected, they turn thin and black as if they have been burned, so these people are likened to them.

“then they will emerge like sheets of paper” They are likened to sheets of paper because they will be so white after they wash themselves and all the blackness that was on them is removed.

Sharh Muslim (3/52).

According to a report narrated by al-Bukhaari (6190):

It was narrated from Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “They will emerge from the Fire through intercession as if they are small cucumbers.”

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to small cucumbers … What is meant is something that is white and small.

I was just wondering is this true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
08-04-2015, 04:50 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I don't know much about the questions you posed....

Wishing you a good stay!

:peace:

shafat10
10-17-2015, 09:23 PM
Well am sorry I couldn't read everything you said, but as far as how will people look in Jannah, they will get the beauty of Prophet Yusuf PBUH, and will age 33.

This literally means every human being will be in their best form.

Well, as far as being white is concerned, it's human nature that we like white :D, so probably yes ;), I cannot guarantee on this but you can be sure about the first 2.

TDWT
08-10-2016, 11:24 PM
I found this:
Nabi (صلى الله عليه و سلّم) is reported to have said, “Verily the people of Jannah (Paradise) will be young, beardless and hairless (i.e. they will have no hair under the arms and below the navel). They will be the height of Adam (AS), the age of Eesaa (AS) (i.e. 33 years), they will be fair in colour and will wear green clothes…”(Tambeehul Ghafileen, pg 37)

Is it authentic?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
08-11-2016, 07:50 AM
I heard in Jannah we will be the height of the Prophet Adam (as), around 60 cubits tall. Allahu al'am, I'm not sure where I read this though.

But yes I've read we will be young and in our best of forms.

I honestly don't mind as I long as I get there inshaAllah!

TDWT
09-01-2016, 04:22 PM
  • What are the ulema views on the following hadith :

Nabi (صلى الله عليه و سلّم) is reported to have said, “Verily the people of Jannah (Paradise) will be young, beardless and hairless (i.e. they will have no hair under the arms and below the navel). They will be the height of Adam (AS), the age of Eesaa (AS) (i.e. 33 years), they will be fair in colour and will wear green clothes…”(Tambeehul Ghafileen, pg 37)

and this: Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) quotes the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying, “The People of Paradise will enter it (in the best form). They will be hairless (in their body). They will have moustaches, not beards. They will be white-colored and strong. Their eyelashes are darkened with kohl (eyeliner). They will be thirty-three years. They will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure), their length will be sixty cubits and their width will be seven cubits."

TDWT
09-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Huzaifah ibn adam, could you share scholarly views if they exist

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TDWT
Huzaifah ibn adam, could you share scholarly views if they exist
Right, so this is from Imaam al-Harraas's Sharh (commentary) on the Nooniyyah poem of `Allaamah ibn al-Qayyim رحمة الله عليه. In it, he says:

عني أن أهل الجنة يدخلونها بيضا، جردا، ليس لهم لحى، جعد الشعور، في شعورهم تكسر وليست سبطة، مكحلي الأجفان. وهذا هو تمام الحسن في هذه الأشياء الثلاثة. فتمام الحسن في اللون أن يكون أبيض صافيا، وتمامه في الشعر أن يكون جعدا، وتمامه في العينين أن تكونا مكتحلتين.

"The people of Jannah will enter it white; hairless (i.e. no hair under the arms or below the navel); beardless; having hair which is not completely straight, but rather, which is wavy; having Kohl on their eyes. This is the height of beauty in each of these three things: in colour, pure whiteness. In hair, that it be slightly wavy (and not completely straight). In eyes, that they have Kohl."

So in other words, the people of Jannah - when entering it - will have what is considered to be the height of beauty in each and every one of their attributes.

والله تعالى أعلم

Serinity
09-01-2016, 07:16 PM
:salam:

we all need to make progress, may Allah :swt: guide us all. Ameen.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Kiro
09-01-2016, 07:31 PM
I want to be transparent like water

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
I want to be transparent like water
You don't want to be pink like Strawberry milk?

Kiro
09-01-2016, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
You don't want to be pink like Strawberry milk?
Nope for reasons.

So one can't desire to be a darker colour unless he desired/asked Allah?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Allaah Ta`aalaa says in the Qur'aan:
ولكم فيها ما تشتهي أنفسكم

"You will have therein (i.e. in Jannah) whatever you desire..."

So, if a person desires to be a darker colour, then there is nothing to prevent that.

والله أعلم

Kiro
09-01-2016, 09:50 PM

So, if a person desires to be a darker colour, then there is nothing to prevent that.

والله أعلم
wswrb

@Huzaifah ibn Adam

ok this has little do with this thread but lately I have been thinking of language

When you go to a store that says, 'everything' we sell here are fruits and vegetables

but there are some chewing gum in the shop which you can buy.

I don't think it is a contradiction but more of a general statement of what primarily the shop is so I don't think it to contradict.

Allah knows best

What do you think?

Or maybe

If I went to England, when you enter, you will find people speak English. The people of England speak English. However, if one desired, he can learn more languages if he wishes.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 09:55 PM
I agree with you on that.

Kiro
09-01-2016, 09:56 PM
I agree with you on that.
The super latest edit to my post?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Yes, the super latest edit to your post.

TDWT
09-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Yes, the super latest edit to your post.
I was wondering as well. So can one speak whatever language they want then?

TDWT
09-01-2016, 10:42 PM

والله أعلم
Seeing as people are in the height of beauty, does that mean perhaps people won't desire to change their colour?

TDWT
09-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Nope for reasons.

So one can't desire to be a darker colour unless he desired/asked Allah?
I've been thinking maybe one won't. I mean if people are in the best form, then why would you want anything less than the best?

TDWT
09-01-2016, 10:57 PM
As well, what god decree's is the best is what I've been told.

TDWT
09-01-2016, 11:23 PM
wswrb

ok this has little do with this thread but lately I have been thinking of language

When you go to a store that says, 'everything' we sell here are fruits and vegetables

but there are some chewing gum in the shop which you can buy.

I don't think it is a contradiction but more of a general statement of what primarily the shop is so I don't think it to contradict.

Allah knows best

What do you think?

Or maybe

If I went to England, when you enter, you will find people speak English. The people of England speak English. However, if one desired, he can learn more languages if he wishes.
I see what you mean, but keep in mind, in Jannah those things are listed as the heigh/best in beauty while in this world for example, English is not considered the superior/best of languages, see what I mean?

Kiro
09-01-2016, 11:25 PM
I've been thinking maybe one won't. I mean if people are in the best form, then why would you want anything less than the best?
I don't think it will be less than the best.

In the hadiths related to Jannah, I have seen constant reference to it will be how you desire.

Like if you want a red camel than you will have a red camel. Maybe the Camels in Jannah aren't ordinarily red?

You won't be ordinarily a farmer but we know the hadith that if you want to have your previous occupation in Jannah than you can

Kiro
09-01-2016, 11:27 PM
I see what you mean, but keep in mind, in Jannah those things are listed as the heigh/best in beauty while in this world for example, English is not considered the superior/best of languages, see what I mean?
Yeah I don't that makes things less.

I really do think in Jannah, if you want meat or Chicken than you can but that doesn't stop you from having a chewing gum or a packet of crisp. It is Jannah. Your Jannah.

TDWT
09-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Yeah I don't that makes things less.

I really do think in Jannah, if you want meat or Chicken than you can but that doesn't stop you from having a chewing gum or a packet of crisp. It is Jannah. Your Jannah.
True, but the point I was saying is that maybe people won't want to change that in Jannah as those things in the hadith are specifically listed as the best form/height of beauty. I was saying, perhaps people won't desire to change color or age. For example, a woman in paradise won't desire more than her one husband, who will be seen as the most handsome and perfect to her and a man won't desire his co-wives according to tafsirs, see what I mean?

TDWT
09-01-2016, 11:40 PM
I don't think it will be less than the best.

In the hadiths related to Jannah, I have seen constant reference to it will be how you desire.

Like if you want a red camel than you will have a red camel. Maybe the Camels in Jannah aren't ordinarily red?

You won't be ordinarily a farmer but we know the hadith that if you want to have your previous occupation in Jannah than you can
Here for more examples:

In another hadith, in at-Tirmidhi, RasulAllah sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam says, If someone in Jannah wants to have children, the pregnancy and the birth and the growth of the child will be immediate, as he wants. There is a difference of opinion on what this hadith means.

There are some scholars that say that obviously in Jannah, the spouses will enjoy each other, but there will not be any children involved. They say that the meaning of this hadith says that if the person wants this to happen, it will, but the person will not want it. This eliminates a lot of the confusion with questions such as – “If you can ask, can you ask to be elevated? And how far can you elevated?” So this hadith is saying if you were to, though you will not. You will not ask to be elevated to the highest rank in Jannah, because you know you do not deserve it; someone else does. In fact, if you were requested to go to a lower level, you would do so, because you will be having so much fun.

In the hadith of the last man to enter Jannah, there is a narration that says, when Allah gives him 10 times the world and everything in it, his two wives of hoor al ‘ayn will come to him and say, “Praise be to Allah, Who has bought you to us, finally.” When he hears that, he will say, “Allah subhaana wa ta’aala has blessed me and given me what He has not given anyone else!” He is so happy with what Allah has given him.

and from islamweb:

Here, it is suitable to refute equivocal what some people think and which are used to arousing it when they hear the above-mentioned verse. They say: 'This verse indicates that if a woman likes to have sex with another except her husband, Allah will help her to do so. We reply: 'It is not possible to find a woman (in Paradise) who likes to have sex with other than her husband'.
The following verse support, such an opinion:{Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands…** [55:56].
Ibn 'Abbas and others said: 'This verse means that women in Paradise lower their gaze except towards their husband. They do not see better than their husbands in Paradise' .
Allah knows best.

Just my two cents

TDWT
09-02-2016, 12:03 AM
And this as well:

such that even the person who has the least blessings in Paradise will think that he is the most blessed among them. Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The lowest of people in status in Paradise will be a man whose face Allaah turns away from the Fire towards Paradise, and shows him a tree giving shade. He will say, ‘O Lord, bring me closer to that tree so that I may be in its shade… Then he will enter his house [in Paradise] and his two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn will come in and will say to him, ‘Praise be to Allaah who brought you to life for us and brought us to life for you.’ Then he will say, ‘No one has been given what I have been given.’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 275)

Kiro
09-02-2016, 12:10 AM
And this as well:

such that even the person who has the least blessings in Paradise will think that he is the most blessed among them. Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The lowest of people in status in Paradise will be a man whose face Allaah turns away from the Fire towards Paradise, and shows him a tree giving shade. He will say, ‘O Lord, bring me closer to that tree so that I may be in its shade… Then he will enter his house [in Paradise] and his two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn will come in and will say to him, ‘Praise be to Allaah who brought you to life for us and brought us to life for you.’ Then he will say, ‘No one has been given what I have been given.’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 275)
I can see what you mean but I think there will be 'some' people that will ask things out from the norm

for example, I know of a hadith that a man who use to cultivate plants in Dunya, he will enjoy plants in Jannah

Kiro
09-02-2016, 12:12 AM
@TDWT

but really, I think we will see what we can do and what we cannot do if we get to Jannah

:D

TDWT
09-02-2016, 12:17 AM
I can see what you mean but I think there will be 'some' people that will ask things out from the norm

for example, I know of a hadith that a man who use to cultivate plants in Dunya, he will enjoy plants in Jannah
I'm not saying anything about people asking things from the norm. I'm saying that people won't desire such things as they will be content with what they have and not desire anything else. The man gets to cultivate plants because he desired it. I am talking about people not desiring certain things in Jannah as they are satisfied with what they are given, get me?

Kiro
09-02-2016, 12:21 AM
I'm not saying anything about people asking things from the norm. I'm saying that people won't desire such things as they will be content with what they have and not desire anything else. The man gets to cultivate plants because he desired it. I am talking about people not desiring certain things in Jannah as they are satisfied with what they are given, get me?
So in Jannah, you don't think you will be able to like change your hair color?

TDWT
09-02-2016, 12:31 AM
Well the color of hair is not mentioned, so I think maybe yeah,

But the thing is for me, other things are explicitly stated as being in the best form, so as I said using the examples above and I have heard from responses that what god selects/decrees is the best, so people won't desire to change certain things as they will be content with it.

TDWT
09-02-2016, 12:34 AM
I need a scholarly response before I confirm anything @Huzaifah ibn Adam, Have scholars/ulema said anything about the topic I brought up/my view point?

Kiro
09-02-2016, 12:36 AM
I need a scholarly response before I confirm anything @Huzaifah ibn Adam, Have scholars/ulema said anything about the topic I brought up/my view point?
In the above posts. Ibn Adam agreed with me...

TDWT
09-02-2016, 12:45 AM
True, but now that I've brought up my point, let's see what he says as well as other scholarly views

Serinity
09-02-2016, 04:00 AM
I want to transform..... and have pitch black hair lol. :D I want to send ripples of gravitational pull as means of my presence.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Ibn-Adam is the respected admin of this good forum. You can refer to me simply as "Huzaifi", in short. (My nickname.)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-02-2016, 06:27 PM
What you are saying is what the `Ulamaa generally say: YES, people can technically have other than what was mentioned, but they wouldn't want to because they already have the best.

However, as I have mentioned in other places, no `Aalim in the world right now has been to Jannah, and any `Aalim in the past who wrote about Jannah - at that time when he was writing about it, he had not yet gone there. So no one besides Allaah Ta`aalaa knows exactly what the Ahl-ul-Jannah will or will not have.

Again, that Hadeeth which Kiro mentioned is very relevant: the Sahaabi from the Ansaar who wanted to farm things in Jannah. He was told that he could do that if he wanted. Take note of the fact that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم did not say to him, "You can have it, but you won't want it."

Kiro
09-02-2016, 06:43 PM
What you are saying is what the `Ulamaa generally: YES, people can technically have other than what was mentioned, but they wouldn't want to because they already have the best.

However, as I have mentioned in other places, no `Aalim in the world right now has been to Jannah, and any `Aalim in the past who wrote about Jannah - at that time when he was writing about it, he had not yet gone there. So no one besides Allaah Ta`aalaa knows exactly what the Ahl-ul-Jannah will or will not have.

Again, that Hadeeth which Kiro mentioned is very relevant: the Sahaabi from the Ansaar who wanted to farm things in Jannah. He was told that he could do that if he wanted. Take note of the fact that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم did not say to him, "You can have it, but you won't want it."
I just remembered.

You can have apples in Dunya.

You can also have apples in Jannah too. But those are the best versions of those.

So if you wanted to have straight hair in Jannah than it would be the best version/quality of straight hair.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-02-2016, 07:04 PM
I remember someone once asking Shaykh Anwar al-`Awlaqi if there will be Xbox in Jannah, and he said "Yes"...

Serinity
09-02-2016, 09:41 PM
I remember someone once asking Shaykh Anwar al-`Awlaqi if there will be Xbox in Jannah, and he said "Yes"...
I need to play them Need for Speed games....... Lol. Gets boring after a while tho. In Jannah it won't get boring tho.

In regards to Jannah:

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“Allah says: ‘I have prepared for My righteous slaves that which no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and it has never crossed the mind of man.’”

In the Hadith book I have, it says with different words in english it said "...and nor has it occured to the human heart".. Or something like that.

Does it refer to ALL Jannats?
http://sunnah.com/urn/1294310

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Yes, it refers to each and every person's Jannah.

TDWT
09-03-2016, 01:04 AM
What you are saying is what the `Ulamaa generally say: YES, people can technically have other than what was mentioned, but they wouldn't want to because they already have the best.

Oh, so what I said and posted so far is correct then and an ijma, right?

Kiro
09-03-2016, 01:07 AM
We can booth be right :D

TDWT
09-03-2016, 01:23 AM
Yes, it refers to each and every person's Jannah.
BTW, if you don't mind, could you perhaps post what some ulema have said on the point I made, like quotes maybe. I want to make sure I'm not speaking without knowledge @
Huzaifah ibn Adam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!