/* */

PDA

View Full Version : marking message as unread

benross
08-05-2015, 11:50 AM
If i was sent a message and i did not want the reader to know that i read it( eventhough i did read it), would there be anything wrong with marking the message as unread so that the sender does not see that i have seen the message? In other words would it be considered lying?
Jazak-Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lady A
08-05-2015, 08:31 PM
*Reads benross's post*
*pretends it was never read...closes window* :nervous:

;D;D;D

sister herb
08-05-2015, 09:24 PM
I donĀ“t understand why you want to hide kind of matter from the sender of some message, brother benross. Does it really matter if someone knows that you have already read his message or not? Why you are wondering kind of things?

^o)

benross
08-06-2015, 09:31 AM
For the reason that I want to delay the response.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Yasmin*
08-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Hmmm i think there is no need to overthink about it.
Just write sorry for the late response ...
Every person has many tasks to do every single day, so as muslims we should find excuses for each other.

Umm Abed
08-06-2015, 02:07 PM
I dont think it is morally right to give the impression that you havent read the message when in fact you've done so. You can easily say you will reply when you get the time.

Sometimes it can cause undue stress on the sender if he wants you to at least read the message so he'l keep on checking. Best is to be straightforward about it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!