/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you make your tea?

Umm Abed
08-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Whats your favourite way of making tea?
Mine is boiling it on the stove with milk with cardamom and cinnamon. Mmmm, delicious and rejuvenating.:awesome:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lady A
08-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Usually, I heat or boil water on the stove top and pour into a mug with the tea bag (herbal or fruity). Add sugar (lots :p) sometimes honey and lemon and sip away.

My favorite teas are iced sweet tea and iced thai tea. Ironically, I haven't mastered the way of making these two yet.

sister herb
08-06-2015, 02:56 PM
I heat water, put fresh or dried herbs to teapot, pour water over it, then let stay 5 minutes and pour to mug. Add sugar or honey. My favourite tea herbs are chamomile, mints, anise hyssop, sage, different flowers of herbs... and quite rarely green tea but then too with herbs. And herbs come from, of course, from my herb garden. ;D

Specially I drink tea at the evening - because many herbs help to sleep.

At the mornings I prefer coffee.

Abz2000
08-06-2015, 03:03 PM
i get the water from the jug (or if there's no water in the jug, then from the filter),
then i put the kettle or deg on the stove,
then i turn the stove on with a lighter or wooden matchsticks,
then i put the taazaa tea granules in the water when it boils,
then i put the sugar and milk powder in the mug and stir it well to mix it in,
then i get the beriya prongs and grab the deg with it, carry it to the table,
then i pour the tea through a sieve into the mug,
and then i stir it.....

i may have ommited to mention some unimportant steps like checking for boil time and turning down the heat for a while etc but i'm sure you'll be glad.

warning:
if you try this at home, be sure to stay careful not to hurt yourself with the lighter, matchsticks or tea because it's hot hot hot.
and also strike matches away from the body.
phew.
i think i'm done.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
08-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Definitely some very interesting ways of making tea, just when I thought it was so simple! lol jk:D

Right now Im having a craving of tea made with just milk only. Id boil a regular teabag in a cup of milk and sugar on the stove until its well infused, let it stand for a while and then drink.

Like Lady A, Im also a fan of sweet tea, ample sugar is a must:statisfie

Sister Herb, you'r a herbal genius lol can see that:shade:. I think Ive only had a few types of herbal teas and thats it. Coffee is my fave too.

Abz2000, your tea making techniques really had me mesmerized:giggling:

Thanks for the replies.

greenhill
08-06-2015, 04:48 PM
At home I have my moments with various types of normal teas. I like it sweet with milk. When I go out I would ask for the local "teh tarik" literal translation "pulled tea" where the tea, (strong with loads of sweetened condensed milk), is poured between glass and glass. The pouring hands lifts higher and higher from the receiving glass as far as an arm span by some. The tea at the end is a bubbly frothy drink, somewhat cooler to drink..

:peace:

Umm Abed
08-06-2015, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
At home I have my moments with various types of normal teas. I like it sweet with milk. When I go out I would ask for the local "teh tarik" literal translation "pulled tea" where the tea, (strong with loads of sweetened condensed milk), is poured between glass and glass. The pouring hands lifts higher and higher from the receiving glass as far as an arm span by some. The tea at the end is a bubbly frothy drink, somewhat cooler to drink..

Your kind of tea sounds like a delicious concoction with creamy condensed milk, a rich tea - my kind of tea:happy:, and interestingly you had to mention the pouring back and forth from two glasses, I always had the notion that this technique is to cool down hot tea but now I learn its main purpose is to make a frothy tea.

Btw, I like tea really hot, hmmm:thankyou:

greenhill
08-06-2015, 06:00 PM
I do 'light' Chinese tea and I always forget (they're quite pricey so I don't buy it and rarely offered imsad) but there is a type that after drinking it, you clear your throat 'ahem, ahem' and a kind of fresh minty sensation fills the back of the throat! As my kids would say, "Swag!"

I do like honey lemon, mint and a few Ramadan ago, I was heavily into the Chinese red date tea. Hmmmm.

But for the mornings, coffee.... any coffee.... and cigarette... ahhhhhhhh.

Lady A
08-06-2015, 07:12 PM
We call the milk tea chai. Basically made with black tea along with cardamom (ginger is added for a kick). Add milk and let it come to a boil again. Nice to know about other cultures and their tea tastes!

I, too, am a coffee person in the morning.

sister herb
08-06-2015, 07:14 PM
As you seem to be tea lovers, here is coming my "flower tea" - different kind of eatable flowers and herbs:

Chamomile, cornflowers, red clover flowers, anice hyssop flowers, thyme flowers, oregano flowers... I add later also rose petals, heather flowers etc. what I will find from the forests and fields. Only I need to be sure they are not toxic flowers I use. I need to dry them first.

sister herb
08-06-2015, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A
We call the milk tea chai. Basically made with black tea along with cardamom (ginger is added for a kick). Add milk and let it come to a boil again. Nice to know about other cultures and their tea tastes!

I, too, am a coffee person in the morning.
I have tried chai tea few times. Last time I served it to my friends; Iraqi friends said " uuh too sweet tea for me" and Somali friends said "may I get more sugar to this I think I need more sweet". To me it was then average sweet. I used condensed milk to it what gave to it light caramel taste. :p May it was then caramel chai tea.

Abz2000
08-07-2015, 09:51 AM
lol i jus' remembered Musailamah's jingles:

tummy or heart?

direct link to 34mins: (33minutes:58seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtg-...outu.be&t=2038

Umm Abed
08-07-2015, 03:26 PM
For me its coffee on some mornings, tea on others. But I can get 'into' coffee straight for a few weeks at a time lol, but I do love tea.

Sister Herb, and you seem to be the tea expert, lovely pic I really like it, it gives a natural feel of herbs and plants, so you'r the expert in picking them too, masha'allah:sunny:

sister herb
08-07-2015, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Sister Herb, and you seem to be the tea expert, lovely pic I really like it, it gives a natural feel of herbs and plants, so you'r the expert in picking them too, masha'allah:sunny:
An expert to picking flowers for tea sounds honored title.

Thanks for this.

umairlooms
08-08-2015, 08:28 AM
not exactly an islamic question

but these days, I am just having green tea.
Boiled water, with an artificial sweetner and some green tea leaves

Umm Abed
08-08-2015, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms
not exactly an islamic question

but these days, I am just having green tea.
Boiled water, with an artificial sweetner and some green tea leaves
Yes its just a general question, incorporating happiness and well-being into our lives.:)

Id think honey or brown sugar would be a better alternative to sweetner unless you'r using it for health reasons..

Muhaba
08-08-2015, 11:59 AM
I boil water in the kettle, put a tea bag in a cup , pour the boiling water over it, leave it for a few minutes to brew, then add sugar and milk. Sometimes I boil milk and water in a pot and add a teabag and let it boil for a few minutes but this procedure is more difficult so i don't do it often though the tea tastes better this way.

umairlooms
08-10-2015, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Yes its just a general question, incorporating happiness and well-being into our lives.:)

Id think honey or brown sugar would be a better alternative to sweetner unless you'r using it for health reasons..
actually i am a struggling anoerxic , hence the swetener

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!