/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is there any difference between awrah and wearing clothes

legendaryman
08-08-2015, 06:21 AM
i have just read here http://islamqa.info/en/12371 that women can't see ,other womens awrah ,is it true ? are the ruling is same for men also ?

is there any difference b/w awrah and wearing , means we wear clothes to hide awrah ,this means that i can go shirtless on road by hiding:D the awrah:p but sahaba did not do this ,i think something wrong here:hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-08-2015, 07:43 AM
some of the male sahabah did go shirtless when at work or when they didn't have a second garment.
women can uncover their hair in front of other women and maybe remove the looser dress that is worn amonst non mahram males,
dunno about undressing totally though, that seems to have been a previous practise amongst banu israil that has been superseded for something more modest.
even then Musa pbuh preferred to keep his fortunes to himself.

soheil1
08-08-2015, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by legendaryman
i have just read here http://islamqa.info/en/12371 that women can't see ,other womens awrah ,is it true ? are the ruling is same for men also ?

is there any difference b/w awrah and wearing , means we wear clothes to hide awrah ,this means that i can go shirtless on road by hiding:D the awrah:p but sahaba did not do this ,i think something wrong here:hiding:
First of all, clothing must not be ostentatious, boastful as per a hadith frequently reported from the priophet(PBUH), and it should be compliant with the god-fearfulnes:
يَا بَنِي آدَمَ قَدْ أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكُمْ لِبَاسًا يُوَارِي سَوْآتِكُمْ وَرِيشًا ۖ وَلِبَاسُ التَّقْوَىٰ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ مِنْ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَذَّكَّرُونَ [٧:٢٦]
O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!

Also, for men, the ruling is to hide awrah, in accordance with the following noble verse:

قُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَغُضُّوا مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِمْ وَيَحْفَظُوا فُرُوجَهُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَزْكَىٰ لَهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا يَصْنَعُونَ [٢٤:٣٠]

Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty(the word literally means awrah, if I am right ): that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

For men this is seemingly sufficient, and it is better to cover more, from the waist up to the knee.
Note that clothing is a function of culture, social status, time requirements, etc too.

Regarding a women, the ruling is to hide their body, or said another way according to a hadith, her whole body is awrah. some parts and some people are excluded in accordance with the following noble verse:
وَقُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا ۖ وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَىٰ جُيُوبِهِنَّ ۖ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَائِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَائِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي أَخَوَاتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَائِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُنَّ أَوِ التَّابِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُولِي الْإِرْبَةِ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ أَوِ الطِّفْلِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا عَلَىٰ عَوْرَاتِ النِّسَاءِ ۖ وَلَا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِن زِينَتِهِنَّ ۚ وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ [٢٤:٣١]

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.
Ibn abbas was reported to say the foot sole and the face are exempt, though the sunnah is to wear Niqab as in Saudi Arabia, that is not necessary, since the foot sole and the face are exempt (they show up naturally)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!